Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 14th 2005, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Hi Mike & Di,

We went out for eight days, and it was very much a working holiday. We spent the first few days visiting every furniture shop in Ayamonte and then choosing the furniture (and changing my mind on the colour of the sofas en route to Faro airport - turning round and re-ordering!) We also ordered white goods and got two quotes on Air Con - we are waiting for a third.

You may all know that Fadesa now has a furnishing/management company set up in the shed. They are called Conforta. We did not use them but they are on the web if anyone wants to see that they are doing.

We had not been out for a year and the difference in the site was staggering, lots of car parking for the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=golf%20club" onmouseover="window.status='golf club'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">golf club</a> (they must think it will be popular). There was what looked like "substations" in front of some properties (one per pool), they are not very attractive and quite large. We were not allowed inside our house, but did manage to peer through the windows and everything looked good.

David visited a few golf courses in the area to compare fees and it would appear that the quotes we have received are similar to most of them.

We met up with a great couple in the Sugar Reef (Hi Debbie & Brian), who we discovered through the thread would be out at the same time as us. We had a few drinks and swapped furnishing stories!

Ayamonte is growing in size - lots of building everywhere, including a new shopping centre. We also noticed many more English translations on menus (some made interesting reading!).

Altogether we came home really excited and looking forward to returning soon, we have booked our flights, hotel and car hire for early December. Cant wait!

Kathy
Hi all, just returned from Ayamonte (looks as though a few of us were out there at the same time). Paula had the keys to our apartment so we were able to have a look round. We were very pleased with it and can't wait to be able to use it. Paula made a list of a few obvious snags but said we can do a more thorough snaging inspection later when all the utilities are connected. We also meet up with Palayo and his brothers and did POA and a spanish will plus gave them a copy of the snaging list so far. Had a look round furniture and white goods shops and also were given some helpfull advice on the former plus aircon by Michaelh. The window frames in the apartment (duplex, Andaluz Village) are dark hardwood to match the wardrobe doors and the shutters are also brown. Much nicer than the white UPVC in the mockup.

Cheers Mike and Bryony
Old Oct 14th 2005, 11:29 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi all, just returned from Ayamonte (looks as though a few of us were out there at the same time). Paula had the keys to our apartment so we were able to have a look round. We were very pleased with it and can't wait to be able to use it. Paula made a list of a few obvious snags but said we can do a more thorough snaging inspection later when all the utilities are connected. We also meet up with Palayo and his brothers and did POA and a spanish will plus gave them a copy of the snaging list so far. Had a look round furniture and white goods shops and also were given some helpfull advice on the former plus aircon by Michaelh. The window frames in the apartment (duplex, Andaluz Village) are dark hardwood to match the wardrobe doors and the shutters are also brown. Much nicer than the white UPVC in the mockup.

Cheers Mike and Bryony
Hi All,

Has anybody that was out there last week got any photos they can put on the site? I would love to see some recent pictures. We`ve still got to wait another five weeks till we go out to Esuri.
Mike and Bryony, Could you please let me know the info you got on the aircon units.

Thanks Sam
Old Oct 14th 2005, 2:31 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Hi all,
Before I give you the usual update I would like to point out a few things.
1. I am an Estate agent.
2. I joined the Forum because somebody gave false information to one of my clients which caused discomfort to him and to me.
3. A lot of clients have bought on Fadesa complex and are happy with their purchase.
4. I do the updates on my webpage for my clients but I don’t see why clients who have bought elsewhere can take advantage of it as well.
This forum is an excellent research tool as long as people know that not all posts here are completely true. It is for each person to decide.

I have just come off the site and it looks good after all the rain we have had over the last few days.
The bridge was not open yet although we were told it would be this week. Maybe next week.
They have planted small bushes (30cm) every 5 m or so along the side of the road. They are currently tarring the road that leads from the Rago apartments to the townhouses.

Enjoy the pictures

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf1c.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf-1a.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf-1b.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-townhouses.jpg  
Old Oct 14th 2005, 2:39 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

And here is a close up of one of the fountains.
enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-fountain.jpg  
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dave Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kathy

Not being in the know regarding AC, do we require a unit in each room or do we just have a large unit on the balcony/ terrace and use the ducting that has been fitted for all the rooms. I'm also buying a 3 bedroom town house but as yet not had chance to look inside.

Regards

Dave

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Hi Sam

The gardens that overlook the pool have not been fenced off yet, they having been laying top soil though, so hopefully will be grassing the areas soon.

The apartments area, which is more advanced and is grassed & landscaped looks really nice - and it looks like they have planted thousands of palm trees!

For those of you that were interested in Air Con Units, we have got prices for Inverter units (hot and cold air). (These quotes are for a 3 bedroomed townhouse)

Muebles Mateos for a Mitsubishi unit = 3909E + 540E (approx) for fitting
for a Daikin unit was about the same price.

Conforta (Fadesa's in-house company) wanted 3800E (inc fitting) for a Fujitsu unit.

We are still waiting for our third quote for another Daikin unit as that is our preferred manufacturer (David has 40 of these units in his business and have been running without any trouble for seven years).

White Goods - we have ordered via Muebles Mateos and approx costs are
Washing Machine 325E
Dishwasher 393E
Fridge Freezer 409E (small freezer area, but large fridge to store the beer and wine ...... in case Sam visits!!!!)
(the make of these are Lynx, similar to Bosch but less expensive).

We did notice that at the moment only the upper floors in the town houses have security shutters, we have faxed Fadesa for more information about this as we understood the whole house would have the security shutters (we presume and hope they have just not fitted them yet!) All the apartments appeared to have the shutters). Will keep you posted when we hear.

Kathy
Old Oct 14th 2005, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

David and Kathy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
Hi Kathy

Not being in the know regarding AC, do we require a unit in each room or do we just have a large unit on the balcony/ terrace and use the ducting that has been fitted for all the rooms. I'm also buying a 3 bedroom town house but as yet not had chance to look inside.

Regards

Hi Dave

Re: Air Con

Our understanding is (and we are not experts) that there is a large unit which is mounted on the outside of the house (or roof) linked to two smaller internal units which are placed in the roof, above the ceiling. One would probably be in the bathroom, not sure about the other one. The cool or warm air goes through the existing ducting.

Incidentally, we made a mistake on the quote for the Conforta units we posted earlier - this should be as follows:

Mitsubishi Unit (not a Fujitsu unit ) and the price was 4800E, which included fitting and three years guarantee. We have not checked on the guarantee with the other quotes.

We did take photographs with our brand new digital camera but .......... as yet have not worked out to email or post them on the thread. Fear not our techno friend is coming around for a drink tomorrow so watch this space!

David & Kathy
Old Oct 14th 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Hi all,
1. I am an Estate agent.
2. I joined the Forum because somebody gave false information to one of my clients which caused discomfort to him and to me.
3. A lot of clients have bought on Fadesa complex and are happy with their purchase.
4. I do the updates on my webpage for my clients but I don’t see why clients who have bought elsewhere can take advantage of it as well.
This forum is an excellent research tool as long as people know that not all posts here are completely true. It is for each person to decide.

I have just come off the site and it looks good after all the rain we have had over the last few days.
The bridge was not open yet although we were told it would be this week. Maybe next week.
They have planted small bushes (30cm) every 5 m or so along the side of the road. They are currently tarring the road that leads from the Rago apartments to the townhouses.

Enjoy the pictures

Michael
Michael,
Nice pictures, as usual, thanks. If my eyes don't deceive me it looks remarkably like Golf 1 is starting to really take shape and colour!! Fountain looks impressive as well. Those of us who joined the original thread started by Sam, way back when, are familiar with your background and I for one am very comfortable with your regular, informed updates. After some of the nonsense that has appeared of late I think your openness, for the benefit of newcomers, is a welcome return to the spirit of the thread.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 6:32 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyS
Michael,
Nice pictures, as usual, thanks. If my eyes don't deceive me it looks remarkably like Golf 1 is starting to really take shape and colour!! Fountain looks impressive as well. Those of us who joined the original thread started by Sam, way back when, are familiar with your background and I for one am very comfortable with your regular, informed updates. After some of the nonsense that has appeared of late I think your openness, for the benefit of newcomers, is a welcome return to the spirit of the thread.
Andy,

Could not agree with you more. Keep up the good work Michael. I`m sure everyone on the forum will agree with me.

Last edited by Pam Sarky; Oct 14th 2005 at 6:59 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Hi all,
1. I am an Estate agent.

Enjoy the pictures

Michael

now....is there anything else in the closet you wish to divulge......?!!!

keep the photos coming. see you few for a few jars soon.

Matt
Old Oct 14th 2005, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

It may be a case of "you get what you pay for" But the quotes posted for air con in this thread do seem to be somewhat excessive.
In my experience you can buy a decent cold/hot air con system including 3 units for around 1,000 euros in my area of Seville, and it will cost around 150 euros to install.
Before you leap, spend some time in your place and check whether you really need air con at all. You may find as we did that a ceiling fan in each room is sufficient, and far cheaper to boot. Together with a couple of wall mounted heaters (40 euros each from carrefour) for the colder winter nights.

regards
BW.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:46 am
Just Joined

David and Kathy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big wheels
It may be a case of "you get what you pay for" But the quotes posted for air con in this thread do seem to be somewhat excessive.
In my experience you can buy a decent cold/hot air con system including 3 units for around 1,000 euros in my area of Seville, and it will cost around 150 euros to install.
Before you leap, spend some time in your place and check whether you really need air con at all. You may find as we did that a ceiling fan in each room is sufficient, and far cheaper to boot. Together with a couple of wall mounted heaters (40 euros each from carrefour) for the colder winter nights.

regards
BW.
Hi BW

Thanks for this - your quote is far less than any we have had. Does anyone else have any info on Air Con Units? Also take your point about the alternatives.

Nice pictures Michael - thanks. I think the third picture is of the lake in the middle of the golf course where most of David's golf balls will be found in future!

K & D

Last edited by David and Kathy; Oct 15th 2005 at 7:49 am.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

David & Kath,
if you PM me your E-Mail address I will send you some info I received from Mike @ luz living.

Regards Pete Tinks
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Hi David and Kathy

sounds great, we are not going out again until early December, cannot wait!
What was the Esuri site like? Did you take any pictures you can share?

Mike & Di
Hi Mike and Kathy

I have some photos of the apartments Rago2, and the insides of the show apartments.
If you send me an email I will send them to you by email.

PS do you know how to put photos onto expats forum. I am a novice with cameras and computers.

Regards Mike and Carol
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by big wheels

regards
BW.

We have friends living in Spain who advise us not to rush into air- con
. If the doors are left open in the daytime, the house will remain cool. Better to try living there for a few nights/days to see rather than spending an amount of money and regretting it later.
We stayed in Isla Canela earlier and their air con was very noisy especially after being on .for a short time. We did not need it and tried to see it how well it worked.

PS

Our apartment (rago2 ) could be ready for signing late Nov. We have asked Superior to see in to the apartment prior to allowing our lawyer to sign.

Whilst they say this will be Ok,who is Paula who others have seen and how can we contact her ?

Any help would be most useful.

PS I have some photos Appartments etc which I will send by email if people request them.
I am a novice and so far am having difficulty putting thumbs onto the web site. Any advise how to do this.

Mike and Carol
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Gordon B East is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Posters, I am a purchaser of an appartment on the CE development and visited the site in September and was pleased with the progress that was being made. I have been reading this thread for some considerable time and have noted that there are many questions about legalities, what can and cannot be done. I have acquired the following book and found it very helpful:- You and the Law in Spain by David Searl and published by Santana Books. ISBN:84-89954-41-0.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.