Arts & Crafts Fair

Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:53 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arts & Crafts Fair

For the 2nd time at the Andalucian, Isla Canela. Feb, 6 from 11:00-15:00
Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arts & Crafts Fair

Originally Posted by Jur
Hi 'jur' Can you put me in touch with the local arts and crafts community? Keep me informed of this kind of thing?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:37 am
Jur

Eehm, It´s just me posting what & where, come down and meet people Angie!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Eehm, It´s just me posting what & where, come down and meet people Angie!
I'm a bit of a long way away for 'Just Popping down' but I am a craftswoman now living and working here in Spain In the Sierra de Aracena. About an hour and a half away. I'd quite like to stay abreast of what's happening in the creative community down there though.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:34 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I'm a bit of a long way away for 'Just Popping down' but I am a craftswoman now living and working here in Spain In the Sierra de Aracena. About an hour and a half away. I'd quite like to stay abreast of what's happening in the creative community down there though.
Well, this is not the place to get in touch with the "arts & crafts community" You have to get out & about, visit the markets, join a workshop or so.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting piece in this month's local english language paper:
http://www.theoraclenews.com/index.p...iews&Itemid=17
also,
huelva información,
diario ayamonte,
odiel información (all online editions)

I like this site, too:
http://www.aureliojimenez.com/index.html
for information on Huelva's past/present painters.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Have just been down to the 'Arts and Crafts Fair' and I'm afraid to call it that was somewhat OTT. Very little there to start with and I'm sorry but second-hand books, clothes, Avon products and paper table accessories are not Arts and Crafts. There was a rack of nice hand-made cards, some jewelry (although not sure it was hand made) and the lady who does the Mosaic plus a couple of other tables selling oddments. Wouldn't bother to go again as it was not what I expected. Sorry, Bryony

P.S did however go for a nice walk along the beach instead.

Last edited by MikeCol; Feb 6th 2010 at 12:17 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Have just been down to the 'Arts and Crafts Fair' and I'm afraid to call it that was somewhat OTT. Very little there to start with and I'm sorry but second-hand books, clothes, Avon products and paper table accessories are not Arts and Crafts. There was a rack of nice hand-made cards, some jewelry (although not sure it was hand made) and the lady who does the Mosaic plus a couple of other tables selling oddments. Wouldn't bother to go again as it was not what I expected. Sorry, Bryony

P.S did however go for a nice walk along the beach instead.
Looks like 'Jur' was right in saying "this is not the place to get in touch with the "arts & crafts community". I'd still be interested to know where 'the place is;-)
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:39 am
Jur

Sorry to hear if it wasn´t "arty" (or crafty) enough, at least some people make an effort to try and make it work. But maybe it´s not the point, maybe it´s more important to come over and meet people, let your kids play together, have one of Jacky´s homemade pastries, chat with Dutch, German, Brits and Spanish. Or try to start up an art community......
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:44 am
Jur

Looks like 'Jur' was right in saying "this is not the place to get in touch with the "arts & crafts community". I'd still be interested to know where 'the place is;-)
I was referring to this "forum".
Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jur
I was referring to this "forum".
You see. I think, if this is the door policy. It's no surprise that not very many creative people get through the door!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 11:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Sorry to hear if it wasn´t "arty" (or crafty) enough, at least some people make an effort to try and make it work. But maybe it´s not the point, maybe it´s more important to come over and meet people, let your kids play together, have one of Jacky´s homemade pastries, chat with Dutch, German, Brits and Spanish. Or try to start up an art community......
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:21 pm
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

Ayamonte is quite an arty place, my Spanish friends tell that there are quite a few famous artists that herald from here. There are quite a few exhibitions on throughout the year.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:09 pm
Jur

You see. I think, if this is the door policy. It's no surprise that not very many creative people get through the door!
You lost me now, you´re always welcome to get in touch with Kevin from The Andalusian or Caroline from the tennisclub, I can send yo their numbers if you like.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:11 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by Ayamontino
Ayamonte is quite an arty place, my Spanish friends tell that there are quite a few famous artists that herald from here. There are quite a few exhibitions on throughout the year.
Yeah, Chengo is amazing!

And in Ayamonte smoking has been introduced by one of Columbus´sailors after returning from the Americas. Ayamonte is special!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.