Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anything new at the Marina?

Anything new at the Marina?

Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anything new at the Marina?

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Attachment 127582
Hi
I believe the picture above is foundations for the new Paradise beach bar,they have started building mid way between the Beach end & Punta Moral .
Looks a good location easy access from the road & not to far to walk or cycle from either end
Chris

They posted on Facebook last Monday
Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Alylovestoholiday is an unknown quantity at this point

Attachment 127582
Hi
I believe the picture above is foundations for the new Paradise beach bar,they have started building mid way between the Beach end & Punta Moral .
Looks a good location easy access from the road & not to far to walk or cycle from either end
Chris
Yes I've seen this on Facebook, glad they are getting a new site sorted. We don't visit till July so plenty of time for us.

Do you know if the bike place has been taken over by anyone? We really enjoy hiring them and just taking our time stopping for a coffee, lunch, beer and ice cream.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Sorry i'm afraid not ,its completely stripped out, I don't believe there are any takers for Cindy's either
Not all doom & gloom Easter was busy all the front bars & restaurants are open also,Cinnamon's was open & La Bocano has extended & I heard they intend to extend their opening hours
Old Apr 21st 2017, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry i'm afraid not ,its completely stripped out, I don't believe there are any takers for Cindy's either
Not all doom & gloom Easter was busy all the front bars & restaurants are open also,Cinnamon's was open & La Bocano has extended & I heard they intend to extend their opening hours
That's such a shame, never mind, can you recommend anywhere else that does bike hire locally?
Old Apr 21st 2017, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Yep
The municipal compound opposite marina 1 (where the tennis courts are) do all shapes & sizes of cycles ,children's, tandems ,4 seater's etc I think most of the hotels also rent ,I would think Isla Canela Tours have a few stored away some where
Old Apr 21st 2017, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Brill, we collected from there last year as the bike place closed while we were there, late August. We enjoy the ride so would like to do it again if we can.

Alyson
Old Apr 24th 2017, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We went down Isla Canella today for a stroll.The new bar being built had a guy with a Paradise Bar shirt on so that looks an exciting project and a nice spot too.Sugar Reef was open ,Cyndis as discussed closed and La Bocanna (adjacent to Sugar Reef ) was closed, overall it was quiet but after Easter I suppose it can be expected.The golf club had a christening on Saturday so it was busy late on, and the minimarket on Esuri still the place to meet expats and so friendly.Hoya 19 closed which is so sad it could be a great venue if only they could get the balance right.Apart from that it's the same old and that is why we like it here .
Old Jun 28th 2017, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Less than a month till we return to this beautiful island. Has Cinnamon bar reopened? x
Old Aug 1st 2017, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

dj12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I'm trying to find some information on Cyndis or the premises which was the Aussie bar a few years ago. I'm hoping to lease a place at the marina for next season.I've emailed a few Estate Agents but haven't received any information and these commercial units don't seem to be advertised.
I would really appreciate any help and assistance and also comments in general regarding commercial leases as this is all new to me. Also what type/style bar/cafe do you feel is needed in Isla Canela.
Hoping to make a trip over there in September to view a few places.

Many Thanks,
Enda
Old Aug 1st 2017, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj12345
Hello,

I'm trying to find some information on Cyndis or the premises which was the Aussie bar a few years ago. I'm hoping to lease a place at the marina for next season.I've emailed a few Estate Agents but haven't received any information and these commercial units don't seem to be advertised.
I would really appreciate any help and assistance and also comments in general regarding commercial leases as this is all new to me. Also what type/style bar/cafe do you feel is needed in Isla Canela.
Hoping to make a trip over there in September to view a few places.

Many Thanks,
Enda
Had a look at the old Outback Bar on google streetview. It has a se aquiler sign in the window with a phone number which looks like 959 47 95 25. Not too clear on my screen but I'd be 95% sure. Hope this helps.

Cyndi's bar seemed to have the right mix and seemed to be well patronised for a good number of years. Don't know why it closed. If it was poor turnover then that's probably not a good model but if it was personal reasons then that style might be a good start.

As a general observation Spanish Estate Agents seem to ignore emails. If your Spanish is up to it a phone call to start the dialogue might help. A site visit is obviously a good plan.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

I am here now, next time I'm up at the marina will get the phone number. Cydis was always one of a favs for comfort and position (used to get a breeze). It's a big unit though so maybe that's why they can't rent it. From what we could make out last year from the owners the lease was up for renewal and the "marina" wanted a long commitment more than they were prepared. It's a shame to see it empty it's been there for as along as we can remember 15 years+.

Outback has been empty for years, there was a chicken place in there for one year which was dreadful!
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for the quick replies and great information.Its much appreciated. If you could get phone numbers for Cyndis that would be brilliant or know of anyone else in the property business there who I could arrange to meet and discuss things further. I'll try the number Mike gave for the Outback. Thanks again. Enda.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Prideaux is an unknown quantity at this point

Any update on property for rent at the Marina ?
Old Oct 1st 2017, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Cyndi's and the former Outback bar are still vacant as far as I'm aware. Rents and fees etc are quite high. It's difficult to know what type of bar/food business is needed there. It would be nice to try a style/themed bar different from the rest. Would an Irish style bar work I wonder or has anybody ideas? Cyndi's was well liked and supported so maybe something similar again?
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

A new Irish style bar would be great if they had real draught Guinness at a sensible price. I felt truly ripped off paying 5.00 euros for a 500ml can next door at the sugar reef yesterday. I like Guinness but come on - a pint of spanish or portuguese lager for 2.50 ish or a swingeing 5.00 euros for a can of Guinness. Sugar Reef are taking the Mickey me thinks ( was 4.00 euros last year).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.