Anyone there ?

Old Dec 16th 2020, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future
Default Anyone there ?

Hi everyone, not seen any info or updates on here recently, even the usual frequent posters have been very quiet. Hope all is well with everyone in these crazy times, and all’s well in CE?. We’re hoping to get out early 2021 - in the meantime, all the best to everyone for Christmas and the New Year.
Old Dec 17th 2020, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone there ?

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina
Hi everyone, not seen any info or updates on here recently, even the usual frequent posters have been very quiet. Hope all is well with everyone in these crazy times, and all’s well in CE?. We’re hoping to get out early 2021 - in the meantime, all the best to everyone for Christmas and the New Year.
we are all still here but of course locked down. Very little incidence of COVID on ESURI but there have been surges in Ayamonte but nothing compared to big cities in UK / Spain. Incidence now seems to be falling. Mass testing was introduced last week with mobile testing station in town. You are called forward for test don’t know anyone who has been. Most striking thing on ESURI is every day seems like a quiet Sunday in winter not much traffic lots of walkers.
the border bridge is open and not patrolled at all by GNR/GC however municipalities locked down on each side. The good news is the bridge refurb is almost finished only 3 cable to go on one pier scaffolding stripped on Portuguese side and I guess the Spanish side will be stripped for Christmas!
Old Dec 17th 2020, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Many thanks John, appreciate the update.
Stay safe .
Old Dec 17th 2020, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Ken y Tina, By coincidence I contacted Rosemary just a few hours before you ; asking If I had somehow been ex-communicated since there was nothing new after November 19th. Good to hear from Esuri John that the bridge is very nearly finished. I hated driving over it at sunset towards PT on a single lane, sun in eyes and a huge articulated petrol tanker coming the other way just centimetres away. Almost frightening in those situations. One false move by the lorry driver and we could be dead went through my mind. Any how, much as I love going out to Esuri for a pre- xmas week in early december there were no flights from Bournemouth this year. I love seeing the illuminations/ decs etc and the nativity in VRSA. As I understand it the bars & resto's were either shut or closed down early evening - not entirely sure, but either way It wasn't worth trying to go this year. I imagine there are almost no tourists in Ayamonte right now. There are still plenty of places we want to visit and we look forward to getting back out there. First job will be to throw out all the out of date food we left in March 2020. One or two tins might be okay, but I imagine the biscuits and cereals will be soft by now. I stupidly left the wine stood up hence I suspect the corks will have dried out by now, hence that could also be dodgy. Oh well, we can only hope for the best. Cheers all, merry xmas...... Keith
Old Dec 18th 2020, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I have just seen that the Portuguese PM has cancelled New Year.

​​​​​​https://www.theportugalnews.com/news...CRcb9HMkZHe0Fo
Old Dec 21st 2020, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Hi Keith,
Probably quite a few like yourselves have stuff left in the Houses/Appartments?, no one seen this Covid coming?,and certainly not lasting this long?. We have been round to a few friends house's to empty the fridge/cupboards out.

We left Esuri last Thursday and are now back in England until the 27th?, assuming we can get back?. Ayamonte been slow, but still ticking over bars Restaurants all open till 6pm everyday, but now open at 8pm till 10.30 also,weather been fine few odd days of much needed rain,and golf still being played all be it at Canela.

Still plenty of activity on the building side, at leastr 6/7 villa's under construction, and the property side of things is fairly busy, with houses/Apartments selling.

Stay Safe, Best wishes to everyone.

Ken.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

I know Vale Guadiana/Costa Esuri golf course is currently closed, but is the Costa Esuri club house open for drinks/food ?. Thanks
Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I know Vale Guadiana/Costa Esuri golf course is currently closed, but is the Costa Esuri club house open for drinks/food ?. Thanks
No!
Old Dec 21st 2020, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

The last cable on the Eastern end of the bridge was being lifted into place earlier this evening with its new cladding. The team are also now starting to strip and then paint all the metal balustrades. It should all look fantastic for a while at least.

Esuri Golf is completely closed, although the greens are being mowed regularly and the fairways are coming on as well. We are also promised that there is money in the budget to do some work on the rampant growth of some of the bushes (especially those on the 8th fairway). Canela Golf is open, but no bar there either so roll-up and other comps are finding other meeting places for the post-prandial "discussions".

The Shop will get company/competition in the next year (see Michael's post re resto upstairs and the COVIRAN shop.

A new Continente has opened in VRSA next to the Pingu Dolce in the last couple of weeks as well.

And....the local Covid rate in Huelva is low compared to UK - touch wood this continues. Definitely safer here than UK I would say. In this regard, we must all be indebted to Michael for the excellent updates on his InfoAyamonte website.

So Happy Christmas, stay safe and keep the Bubbles as small and as short as possible

Old Dec 23rd 2020, 7:43 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your post and for the replies given. It is quiet and so different to the early days when we were eagerly swapping information and learning so much from each other. I still always like to "pop in" here and it is great if you need some advice or local info.....helpful group of people.
Covid has caused such sadness and, in view of that, to be speaking about missing a holiday homes seems very selfish however (despite that) I have to say I have missed Ayamonte, CE, the whole area and our lovely home there very much. I long to return and hope the world "gets better" and we can travel again. Hopefully the vaccine will go some way to allowing this.
The fabulous news is that the greens are being looked after and the golf club is being well run so that's an social point for us all, the little shop/cafe/bar has always been great and we will always support it and now we will soon have a have a new resto there, supermarket and a pharmacy - hey folks, it's looking good !!
Have a wonderful Christmas, stay safe and let us hope we can be in CE with friends and family as soon as possible in 2021
Old Jan 12th 2021, 9:42 am
Just Joined

watkins1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thank you for your post and for the replies given. It is quiet and so different to the early days when we were eagerly swapping information and learning so much from each other. I still always like to "pop in" here and it is great if you need some advice or local info.....helpful group of people.
Covid has caused such sadness and, in view of that, to be speaking about missing a holiday homes seems very selfish however (despite that) I have to say I have missed Ayamonte, CE, the whole area and our lovely home there very much. I long to return and hope the world "gets better" and we can travel again. Hopefully the vaccine will go some way to allowing this.
The fabulous news is that the greens are being looked after and the golf club is being well run so that's an social point for us all, the little shop/cafe/bar has always been great and we will always support it and now we will soon have a have a new resto there, supermarket and a pharmacy - hey folks, it's looking good !!
Have a wonderful Christmas, stay safe and let us hope we can be in CE with friends and family as soon as possible in 2021
Hi, I've been an owner for around 14 years and have missed getting out to CE the last 12 months, this site helps in a big way to understand what's happening. I noticed the comments above that there is a new restaurant, supermarket and pharmacy opening in CE. Where are these being located? Steve
Old Jan 12th 2021, 10:05 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve, the supermarket and restaurant are to be located where the little shop/ cafe is (Guadiana Market). I think the pharmacy may be housed in that same building but I am not sure. Someone will, no doubt, post the correct information if I am mistaken. Best Regards Mel

Old Jan 12th 2021, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Thank-you Mel. Steve
Old Jan 12th 2021, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes all three new venues are in the same complex. From the road the Corviran supermarket is to the left of the shop, the pharmacy (not yet confirmed) will be to the right and the new resto on the corner above. Work has definitely been happening on two of them.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

So good to hear good news, thank-you. It was such a great feeling to be out there last year to see the golf course doing so well, so really glad that things are beginning to happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.