Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Another Internet thread!

Another Internet thread!

Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Internet thread!

Originally Posted by BobD
Just a follow up to my last post.

When I arranged access to our Apartment Bloque roof terrace, the guys from Priinet came around again when requested, to try to setup the system for me. Unfortunately, the signal was too weak where we are located, so they offered to come back again with a mast to raise the receiver. This they duly did a couple of days later, but even with the receiver raised higher with the mast, a strong enough signal couldn't be received on our Bloque 8 on Vista Esuri, as we are apparently in a 'dip', and can't get direct line of sight to either Ayamonte, or the repeater station at the little shop. However, Priinet expect to have other repeaters in place in the next couple of months, so we will try again next time we are out.

I have to say that I have been very impressed with their Customer Service, they really tried hard to find a solution for us, made several phone calls to and us three visits, at no charge, and didn't try to hide the fact that our location is unsuitable at this time. I will definitely try again with them in September.
What a shame Bob.. where you are is in a 'dip' I think and so there isn't a good signal.

People have been saying that there is a repeater station at the shop and recently at 19H.. but I found that very strange, as Las Colinas is where there is one (on high) - so why the shop?. Which I would've thought might just work for you. Also when Priinet came they didn't point to 19H which is literally a stone throw away from us. In fact they didn't even do the signal test as they knew without trying that in our home we would have the right signal (pointing away from 19H).. and they didn't want to put the antenna on the terraces pointing to 19H (even though that would have meant much less work in the heat)

So today I investigated and there is the repeater at LC... none at the shop and none at 19H.

I think a good business proposition for priinet is to suggest another repeater asap ... that catches the rest. I hope as you say they will install more across Esuri - but I wonder if you could be a test case? As you have homes around you. I'm sure there are developments 'strategically located' that just one or two extra repeaters would cover the dead spots. The S+S development up high??? Marina Esuri, at the end facing the townhouses? I think Jorge Garcia would listen to a proposal, as it would mean more biz for them.... and we have had good communications between us two over the last few weeks... re the non-resident deal. Worth a try? He posted his email above.

Jon

PS No commercial interest whatsoever, just became a customer a couple of days ago.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 16th 2014 at 1:50 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

There is definitely a repeater at Las Colinas which is where we are but I don't know about anywhere else.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Another Internet thread!

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
What a shame Bob.. where you are is in a 'dip' I think and so there isn't a good signal.

People have been saying that there is a repeater station at the shop and recently at 19H.. but I found that very strange, as Las Colinas is where there is one (on high) - so why the shop?. Which I would've thought might just work for you. Also when Priinet came they didn't point to 19H which is literally a stone throw away from us. In fact they didn't even do the signal test as they knew without trying that in our home we would have the right signal (pointing away from 19H).. and they didn't want to put the antenna on the terraces pointing to 19H (even though that would have meant much less work in the heat)

So today I investigated and there is the repeater at LC... none at the shop and none at 19H.

I think a good business proposition for priinet is to suggest another repeater asap ... that catches the rest. I hope as you say they will install more across Esuri - but I wonder if you could be a test case? As you have homes around you. I'm sure there are developments 'strategically located' that just one or two extra repeaters would cover the dead spots. The S+S development up high??? Marina Esuri, at the end facing the townhouses? I think Jorge Garcia would listen to a proposal, as it would mean more biz for them.... and we have had good communications between us two over the last few weeks... re the non-resident deal. Worth a try? He posted his email above.

Jon

PS No commercial interest whatsoever, just became a customer a couple of days ago.
If there is non at the shop where does my signal come from?
Old Jun 17th 2014, 6:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
If there is non at the shop where does my signal come from?
As mentioned it comes from LC up on the hill (as does mine and I think everybody else's). For the moment.

This is all according to Pedro/Manolo.. we had a drink at 19H yesterday with them, just after you drove by, and I asked Pedro to ask Manolo about the installations.

Jon
Old Jun 17th 2014, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

So we may be in the back of beyond up at Las Colinas, but we do have our uses ...
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
As mentioned it comes from LC up on the hill (as does mine and I think everybody else's). For the moment.

This is all according to Pedro/Manolo.. we had a drink at 19H yesterday with them, just after you drove by, and I asked Pedro to ask Manolo about the installations.

Jon
That's not what they told me when they installed mine. They said they had just come from 3 hours at the shop where they were struggling with "something" then they pointed the receiver directly at the shop and with no adjustment they had instant connection with 86% signal strength.

It could be that the landlords don't know about additional fitments at the other locations and since somebody is enjoying free 10 Mb connections the less said the better!
Old Jun 17th 2014, 10:31 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
That's not what they told me when they installed mine. They said they had just come from 3 hours at the shop where they were struggling with "something" then they pointed the receiver directly at the shop and with no adjustment they had instant connection with 86% signal strength.

It could be that the landlords don't know about additional fitments at the other locations and since somebody is enjoying free 10 Mb connections the less said the better!
So YOU are Elvis... suspicious minds. Could your antenna be pointing at LC and the shop is in 'the way'. When they installed ours they took no time to adjust the position/direction - just pointed it in the general direction. Anyway I would-be surprised to have a repeater in LC and the shop so close by.I would have thought at the other end of CE would be better. There surely is no repeater at 19H. We were up there yesterday - just the antenna. But happy to be corrected if Im wrong NBD
Jon

Jon
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Any update folks?

Not seen a posting update on this service for a few weeks. Those who have had it installed, can you recommend now you have had the service for a few weeks?
we are coming over later today - Thursday and will go ahead with a visit ' purchase if anyone can recommend. Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sunqueen
Any update folks?

Not seen a posting update on this service for a few weeks. Those who have had it installed, can you recommend now you have had the service for a few weeks?
we are coming over later today - Thursday and will go ahead with a visit ' purchase if anyone can recommend. Thanks
Not yet,customer service outstanding but the product is not yet ready for market. Maybe by September they will fulfil the promise. Once had 5.8 down but upload is always slow.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have Priinet installed and are very pleased with it. However we are at Las Colinas where there is a repeater on one of the blocks.

Kath
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:30 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
We have Priinet installed and are very pleased with it. However we are at Las Colinas where there is a repeater on one of the blocks.

Kath
I'm in regular contact with priinet, they have some major capacity problems in busy times. Perhaps as you are so close to the transmitter its OK for you Kath.

They may have the speed - but at the moment they dont have the capacity I liken it to a hose pipe squeeze the end and you get a fast flow but no extra volume. I use TestMy.net Broadband Internet Speed Test which IMO gives a better test of speed/capacity, than their test, which isnt representative for our needs.

They have promised me that there will be an upgrade 12/7.. so lets see. They had an explosion in customers that they didnt anticipate. Also of course its been the world cup too.

Note we took the 10MB contract so we would have 'cover' in busy times. Our requirement is simple. Streaming SDTV for now, and later streaming HDTV in ALL times, including busy periods. That is my heaviest usage, and if that works - it covers all other internet needs (for us) - i.e not heavy techie users, who dont do facebook, twitter, blogs etc etc.

I'm giving them time to get it all sorted, as so far they have been professional and very open and communicative, and the people we have seen have been genuinely helpful and committed. I wish I could say that for all the businesses here! I also like the fact that they wont charge until they have the performance.

Jon
Old Jul 14th 2014, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

casey948 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jon-Bxl, you mention that you are in regular contact with priinet so perhaps you can help me. I have emailed them via the two links I found in this thread and also PM'd Jorge, all with no response. I will be over from Thursday and I had hoped to get them round to see what they could offer me.
Do you have a contact number or some other way of making contact with them?
Casey948
Old Jul 15th 2014, 6:32 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by casey948
Hi Jon-Bxl, you mention that you are in regular contact with priinet so perhaps you can help me. I have emailed them via the two links I found in this thread and also PM'd Jorge, all with no response. I will be over from Thursday and I had hoped to get them round to see what they could offer me.
Do you have a contact number or some other way of making contact with them?
Casey948
Hi Casey948. Sorry you are having troubles. They are maxed out at the moment with installations and upgrading the system to handle the capacity needs. Currently they are expecting Thursday as the time the upgrades are over.

I use email comercial-at-priinet.com as I don't speak Spanish and it usually works sometimes with delays. Also their website has a contact number and whatsap chat etc. CONTACTO « Priinet Wifi so try that - good luck. Don't forget Google is yr friend

After a very busy weekend we watched TV last night and the service was over 80% good in a busy time, so some of the upgrading is already showing improvements. If there was a judder we simply hit rewind to rewatch anything missed (which we can also do with live TV). I am hoping that by the end of the week we will have the service promised.
Jon

PS Pls don't use PM to contact them. I asked Jorge to post, but with permission from the mods as its his business, and there are site rules. They made an exception as long as he answered the technical questions only. Which he did, as asked. So he is not using the forum now, I suppose

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 15th 2014 at 6:41 am.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

casey948 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jon-Bxl, Thanks very much for the info and the tip about the PM.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 9:21 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by casey948
Hi Jon-Bxl, Thanks very much for the info and the tip about the PM.
Hope you make contact.

Note that the upgrades may take a few more days, but they seem to be doing everything to make it happen. I hope so.

BTW off topic, Today BE is a tad slow.. and so I saw and was was surprised by the little bar at the bottom that showed MANY adsites/cookies being loaded. Wow.

Suggest you clean up the PC ..

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.