Reload this Page >

advice and information please

advice and information please

Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

willcoxhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice and information please

Hello all,

Very new to this, we have bought a lovely 3 bed apartment in Costa Esuri and Just wondered if anyone has any tips on where to start? I have been reading as many posts as I can and joined all the FB groups. Is there any pitfalls to avoid or any advice? This would be very much appreciated.

Katie

Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice and information please

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 7th 2018, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

have sent you a private message
Old Jan 7th 2018, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willcoxhouse
Hello all,

Very new to this, we have bought a lovely 3 bed apartment in Costa Esuri and Just wondered if anyone has any tips on where to start? I have been reading as many posts as I can and joined all the FB groups. Is there any pitfalls to avoid or any advice? This would be very much appreciated.

Katie

Hi Katie
Welcome to Costa Esuri - I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
How far have you got with settling in? Then maybe some of us can help you with specifics.
I assume you have the basics: -bank account, gas, electricity, water, IBI, Basuras, EUC and internet all sorted?

If you need further advice, ask and someone who has been through the mill themselves is sure to be along. Are you a full-time resident or a frequent visitor?
To meet people you can try the Golf Club, though it tends not to be so busy during the off season. There's also the so-called Monday Club which meets each Monday at the Guardiana Market - it started as a group of grumpy old men putting the world to rights but has expanded and mellowed with the addition of a moderating influence of women .
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Hiya,

This will be a holiday home for family and friends. My sister and I are the owners; however, our parents are life tenants as they paid for it and are really the ones in charge.

We have the bank account, the deeds etc and the keys. The electricity has been transferred. We assume the solicitor has sorted out the maintenance contract; other than that I don't understand half the things you have listed. We will certainly need fast internet and satellite television.

Also, our first urgent purchase will need to be bunk beds. Any suggestions as to where to buy them from at a reasonable price?

Our parents will be over there for a few days from the 22nd Jan to clean the apartment, so any advice before then will be gratefully appreciated.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

csrich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

This will be a holiday home for family and friends. My sister and I are the owners; however, our parents are life tenants as they paid for it and are really the ones in charge.

We have the bank account, the deeds etc and the keys. The electricity has been transferred. We assume the solicitor has sorted out the maintenance contract; other than that I don't understand half the things you have listed. We will certainly need fast internet and satellite television.

Also, our first urgent purchase will need to be bunk beds. Any suggestions as to where to buy them from at a reasonable price?

Our parents will be over there for a few days from the 22nd Jan to clean the apartment, so any advice before then will be gratefully appreciated.
Have a look at Tavira Discount Furniture Warehouse. They deliver to Costa Esuri and have good quality beds. They may be able to help with bunk beds.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

For your internet: Orange has been laying fibre optic throughout Costa Esuri but I don't know if they have started offering broadband services yet. There is an Orange shop in town and the last time I checked they gave me a generic brochure which suggested a minimum of €30-40 per month. A bit steep for a holiday home.

The other alternative is priinet which is a WiMAX service. email: [email protected]. Jorge speaks English and has installed many in CE. The upfront charge of about €80, for the transponder and a wifi router, and a monthly charge depending on the capacity you contract for. However priinet offer a reduced charge of around €7 pm when you are not there.
Of course, once you have internet you could use it to get UK TV. There are many threads which will explain how just use the forum search tools.

Direct satellite TV is no longer available down here (unless you have a huge dish), although there are some providers who will set you up with a connection to the Intellsat, which is not strictly legal and has no guaranteed future as it is not a commercial service.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 8:21 am
Just Joined

This is great, thank you.
Old Mar 31st 2018, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Ecobuild is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone... could you give me the different options available today for internet in CE... and which one is the best (more stable)...?
Old Mar 31st 2018, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing has changed. Most non residents use Priinet. Fibre cabling has been installed, but not sure if working yet.