Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Abandoned dog urgent help

Abandoned dog urgent help

Old Jan 19th 2019, 3:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abandoned dog urgent help

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck

I say drag the owners outside, tie them up and starve them of food and water. See how they like it! The Spanish have no respect for their animals and shouldn’t be allowed to keep them.
It's very distressing to see an animal neglected and treated cruelly. I'm sure that lots of Spanish people love and care for their pets, but the ones who don't (and unfortunately every country in the world has such people) need a good kicking.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck

I say drag the owners outside, tie them up and starve them of food and water. See how they like it! The Spanish have no respect for their animals and shouldn’t be allowed to keep them.
Well said Uncle Buck.....if only!!
Old Jan 19th 2019, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Really sorry to hear that you lost your boy Lin. I love cocker spaniels, I bet he was gorgeous. Losing them is so very hard.

I totally understand that you're not ready to have another dog permanently yet, your loss is so recent. We lost our Murphy 12 months ago and although I would love to get another golden retriever, my husband just can't face it. Murph was his best mate and kept him going when his first wife was ill for a long time and then passed away. My husband would often take Murph for a run in the middle of the night when he couldn't sleep. The day we lost him was the first and last time I've seen him cry, I don't think he'll ever feel able to have another dog because he can't face the thought of losing another one. That makes me sad but I understand. In the meantime, I've started volunteering at our local RSPCA so I still get my doggie fix.

It's lovely that you and Ed are keeping an eye on this poor dog. I hope I didn't offend you or anyone with my offer, and if anyone does manage to rescue the poor mite I'm still happy to contribute. I hope you have a good trip back to Blighty!
Definitely no offence taken.

Such a sad story... but we understand exactly how you both feel and can't imagine that will ever go away.
xx
Old Jan 19th 2019, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

BarbCPT is an unknown quantity at this point

The dog is in care now and is safe. If anyone is interested in fostering or helping in any way, please PM me. Thank you all for your concern.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Very bad news, I’m afraid. We have just seen the man and his wife walking into their house with the poor dog. They have obviously gone to the shelter and got him back again! I am stunned and so sad to see this. He will die if they continue to treat him the way they have been. He’s nearly 10 kilos underweight, has heart worm which needs to be treated and is limping badly. God knows what other health issues he has, kidney problems very likely as he drinks a lot of water (swimming pool water when he’s left in the garden).

My heart’s breaking for him - any suggestions as to the way forward? I don’t know what to do now.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 4:18 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

There is a branch of Guardia Civil called Seprona - they look after the welfare of animals - try reporting to them

Davexf
Old Jan 20th 2019, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! It may well become necessary.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 10:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Any news?
Old Mar 15th 2019, 12:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BarbCPT
Thank you! It may well become necessary.
Originally Posted by BristolUK
Any news?
Yes, Any news please?

I hope this was reported and then dealt with . Poor dog.

Old Mar 16th 2019, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Since my last post on 20 January, the position with the dog is that its still with its owner sadly. A Spanish friend of mine got involved and persuaded the owner to take the dog to my vet in Ayamonte to continue the treatment for heartworm that we started. Because of this treatment, the dog has now put on some weight, thank goodness. Apparently (according to my friend) the owner is now using a vet "in another town" which makes it impossible for me to get any updates as to whether the owner is continuing with the veterinary treatment. I have asked my friend to keep me updated and will continue to monitor the situation. As far as I am aware, the dog is no longer able to get into the communal gardens and is kept permanently on the owner's patio. If anyone has any additional information about the dog, please let me know as, like others, I'm very concerned about its continued welfare. Thanks everyone!