Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Abandoned dog urgent help

Abandoned dog urgent help

Old Jan 17th 2019, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Vickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really nice
Default Abandoned dog urgent help

Can anyone help I am in ayamonte but leave tommorow
There as been a dog left outside 59 Manzana 2 it's in the garden no food or water it is going to die please somebody help as I go home to England tommorow?????????????..
Old Jan 17th 2019, 1:02 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abandoned dog urgent help

Originally Posted by Vickied
Can anyone help I am in ayamonte but leave tommorow
There as been a dog left outside 59 Manzana 2 it's in the garden no food or water it is going to die please somebody help as I go home to England tommorow?????????????..
Is that Lomas??

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jan 17th 2019 at 2:08 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Vickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really niceVickied is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Is rhat Lomas??

Jon
yes it is jon
Old Jan 17th 2019, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

BarbCPT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vickied,

We live on Manzana 2 (Lomas). Went into the garden after reading your post and the poor dog was there on the grass lying in the sun. We took some food for him (wet and dry food, plus water) which he ate (and drank) in no time flat. He is VERY thin and very timid too. Seems to belong to whoever lives in the corner townhouse, but no one was there. There were a few dry biscuits in a plastic tray and a little water at the very bottom of a plastic bucket in their garden. I filled the bucket with water from the hose next to it and left the gate open to the townhouse garden. His kennel only has a small, dirty old piece of cotton material for him to lie on - very sad. Will go back later when its dark to see if he has been brought back into his garden or if he is going to be left in the communal garden. Neither areas give him any shelter from the cold. We have cats so we cannot take him in sadly, but until something can be done for him, we'll keep an eye on him and bring him food/water as necessary. Can anyone help or offer suggestions?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

That's a massive relief but I'm sure the tenants have gone as new tenants were viewing the property yesterday. We have fed and watered it too but it is also drinking from the pool. Any help is gratefull thankyou
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

BarbCPT is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to the house with extra warm bedding which we put in the kennel. Rang the doorbell and a lady answered the door! Dog belongs to her - I told her not to let the dog out in the garden and to bring him indoors at night as it’s too cold for him to be outside. Will keep monitoring the situation.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

I wish I could report it because the dog has been outside 2 days starving and you can see it's ribs. The shutters have been down on the house for days so she must have just come back. Thank you so much for what you done can you just make sure it's not out all day and night just so I'm not worried. Thanks again
Old Jan 18th 2019, 7:20 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vickied
I wish I could report it because the dog has been outside 2 days starving and you can see it's ribs. The shutters have been down on the house for days so she must have just come back. Thank you so much for what you done can you just make sure it's not out all day and night just so I'm not worried. Thanks again
I contacted a friend of mine, but it looks like there has been immediate help from a decent animal caring person. Thanks BarbCPT

The problem now is that the dog isnt abandoned and action needs to be taken against the owner. Sadly as we've seen on this forum the authorities rarely take action.... If ever.

Probably the most negative part of our corner of the world is the treatment of animals. Dogs left ''guarding' empty homes, with their mess everywhere, and weekly visits from owners, horses left in car parks, donkeys tied up with a small rope under sweltering summer heat etc etc. On that point a very close family member, who volunteers at a donkey sanctuary and has 2 of his own, wont visit us as it would be distressing.

Shame!

But GREAT to see that there are decent, caring people ready to step in immediately👍👍👍

Jon

PS safe travels Vickied, you can get on the plane knowing that you 'done good'

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jan 18th 2019 at 7:23 am.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice

We walked past the house this morning and stopped to look at the dog and a guy came out of the house. The dog is limping and is shaking quite a bit...i just hope he's not being physically abused. In our limited Spanish we tried to tell the guy that he needs to take the dog to the Vet but I doubt that's going to happen. We will also keep an eye on him and offer to take him to the Vet but they may not take kindly to that suggestion.

Its so sad to see as we have just lost our beloved Cocker Spaniel after 13 wonderful years with him and to see these dogs being ill treated is heartbreaking....why do these people get dogs in the first place.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My heart's breaking reading these posts. Bless all you lovely people who are helping the poor dog. Doesn't sound as though there's the equivalent of an RSPCA there?
Are there any dog rescue places there? Ones that don't put the dogs down? I know this will sound really silly, but if some kind soul there offered the people who own the dog some money to buy him/her, do you think they'd do it? Of course whoever did it would have to feel safe to do so. I would happily send the money to the person's (BE member's) bank account for whatever it cost them, including taking the dog to a rescue place and/or vet. I'm not rich but I'd happily do without something if we can help.

Sorry to sound so weird, I'm not really! I just can't bear to think of this poor helpless dog suffering - we're like you Lin and Ed, we lost our beautiful 13 year old golden retriever and miss him more than I can say.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BarbCPT
Went to the house with extra warm bedding which we put in the kennel. Rang the doorbell and a lady answered the door! Dog belongs to her - I told her not to let the dog out in the garden and to bring him indoors at night as it’s too cold for him to be outside. Will keep monitoring the situation.
Barb, you're an angel.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for being so kind. The dog is skin and bone and very timid and scared. I just hope someone takes the dig because it's so sad. Can you keep us updated what's happening will be back in a few weeks thanks again everyone
Old Jan 19th 2019, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My heart's breaking reading these posts. Bless all you lovely people who are helping the poor dog. Doesn't sound as though there's the equivalent of an RSPCA there?
Are there any dog rescue places there? Ones that don't put the dogs down? I know this will sound really silly, but if some kind soul there offered the people who own the dog some money to buy him/her, do you think they'd do it? Of course whoever did it would have to feel safe to do so. I would happily send the money to the person's (BE member's) bank account for whatever it cost them, including taking the dog to a rescue place and/or vet. I'm not rich but I'd happily do without something if we can help.

Sorry to sound so weird, I'm not really! I just can't bear to think of this poor helpless dog suffering - we're like you Lin and Ed, we lost our beautiful 13 year old golden retriever and miss him more than I can say.
Hi spouse of scouse

There is no equivalent of the RSPCA here....although there are some wonderful people who rescue animals and find them a forever home. Its very kind of you to offer to send money to buy the dog but we would also quite happily offer to pay to remove the dog from this family as we are really worried about him....he looks so so sad! Although having only lost our dog last Monday we are not yet ready to take on another dog permanently but would happily foster him until a forever home comes along.

I'm going back to the UK for a couple of weeks but Ed will help as much as he can in making sure the poor dog is ok and we'll also keep everyone updated.

Old Jan 19th 2019, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lin and Ed
Hi spouse of scouse

There is no equivalent of the RSPCA here....although there are some wonderful people who rescue animals and find them a forever home. Its very kind of you to offer to send money to buy the dog but we would also quite happily offer to pay to remove the dog from this family as we are really worried about him....he looks so so sad! Although having only lost our dog last Monday we are not yet ready to take on another dog permanently but would happily foster him until a forever home comes along.

I'm going back to the UK for a couple of weeks but Ed will help as much as he can in making sure the poor dog is ok and we'll also keep everyone updated.
I say drag the owners outside, tie them up and starve them of food and water. See how they like it! The Spanish have no respect for their animals and shouldn’t be allowed to keep them.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 3:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lin and Ed
Hi spouse of scouse

Really sorry to hear that you lost your boy Lin. I love cocker spaniels, I bet he was gorgeous. Losing them is so very hard.

I totally understand that you're not ready to have another dog permanently yet, your loss is so recent. We lost our Murphy 12 months ago and although I would love to get another golden retriever, my husband just can't face it. Murph was his best mate and kept him going when his first wife was ill for a long time and then passed away. My husband would often take Murph for a run in the middle of the night when he couldn't sleep. The day we lost him was the first and last time I've seen him cry, I don't think he'll ever feel able to have another dog because he can't face the thought of losing another one. That makes me sad but I understand. In the meantime, I've started volunteering at our local RSPCA so I still get my doggie fix.

It's lovely that you and Ed are keeping an eye on this poor dog. I hope I didn't offend you or anyone with my offer, and if anyone does manage to rescue the poor mite I'm still happy to contribute. I hope you have a good trip back to Blighty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.