Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies FTC meets - November

Sydney Ladies FTC meets - November

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:29 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Ladies FTC meets - November

Hi all

This month is a bit different because of Melbourne Cup Day falling on the first Tuesday of the month. A few of us have made arrangements to "do lunch" at Pennant Hills Sports Club but this had to be booked a couple of weeks ago so this new thread actually relates to the second Tuesday in November (the 13th).

So, we'll be meeting from 10.30am as usual but we have not got around to discussing a venue yet. Now's your chance to have your say! If you can think of somewhere child friendly that you would like to suggest please post the details. Let's try and get this sorted before the end of the month. . . .

B
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sydney Ladies FTC meets - November

I'm up for the 13th. Tom has a school session until 11.30, so can we go for something up this end of the woods (not right up here, but not as far as the beaches). West Penant Hills Sports Club has a kids play area, but not sure if you'd want to do that 2 weeks on the trot, or Bobbin Head National Park is nice.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I'm certainly up for this but haven't been around long enough to identify good places to meet. OH is back at work so I'll have my kids with me; somewhere with outside space makes my life easier but I'm sure I can stick them in a corner with colouring stuff and a gameboy if necessary

Martha
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:36 pm
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Yes I'm in

Are you thinking inside venue or outside?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough

I'm in.

Bobbin Head is fine for me. I've only been once, so not too familiar - I saw the playground, but was it a fair distance from the pub? Will we picnic if nice and pub if not?

Another idea to throw in the mix - yanH said 'not up here', but maybe.....? Perhaps you city-folk feel like exploring? There is a cafe "Bambinos Too" with a play-area close by. However it is small-ish, so I think it wouldn't be suitable if there were loads of us.

Anyway - happy to go with the flow

x
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Have had a chat with yanH - we think Bambinos Too will be too small if there is more than half a dozen of us, especially if the weather isn't nice. However, there is also the Berowra Tavern, which has its own play area, and is much more spacious, both inside and out. So, 'up here' (it's not far really!) will work whether we are many or few, inside or outside.

If you are all happy with that, let us know numbers and we will make enquiries. If not, let us know where!

Will stand by for the final decision.......
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I'm happy to do the Berowra Tavern - it might as well be convenient for you guys for once! Am also happy to do Bobbin Head if that's the consensus, just people need to be aware that if you haven't got an annual pass there is an $11 charge per car to get into the park.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:49 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, more than happy to venture into the unknown! Berowra gets the thumbs up from me.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, my children are up to date with their vaccinations so we would be able to venture to Berowra too. Do we need to bring passports?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:38 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

berowra tavern is fine for me what time?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Is usual 10:30am good for everyone?

From the freeway turn right onto Pacific Highway. At the next lights (1.5km) turn sharp left onto Berowra Waters Road; stay on BWR for 3 roundabouts (straight, right, straight). Turn left into the shops carpark; continue through to the backlot - you will see Berowra Tavern on the right.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there

Love

Rudi
xxx
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

elliebell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi
I'll be there

Love

Rudi
xxx
i might even make it !!! unless packing?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

You got some up to date news for us then Eileen?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

I made enquiries at the BTav - it opens at 10am, food is available from noon.

Not that it was necessary, but I have booked an outside table at 10:30 ("Alison - FTC")

So far only the 'usual crowd' have said they're coming - new people are always welcome!! PM any of the ladies (!) on this thread if you want anymore info, and let me know so I can 'up' the booking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.