Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:50 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
We usually meet at about 6:30 in a bar in the CBD. The last bar was a bit of a hole, so we're looking for a new place.

The plan was to try several, then decide which we preferred. Feel free to come along.

S
There is a really good James Squire pub on the front at Darling Harbour - may be worth a try?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:51 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
There is a really good James Squire pub on the front at Darling Harbour - may be worth a try?
The one next to Bungalow 8? That's a really nice pub. Could be a winner... Infact Bungalow 8 is pretty good too.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:30 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

OK. I had forgotten about this.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came to the CBD drinks evening on Saturday night at the Belgian Beer Cafe. Soory about the licencing laws there though - I perhaps wouldn't choose it again, after the initial debacle with the food ordering. Next time I guess we should clarify if we are meeting to eat and drink or just drink.

Now, this week, owing to the things, I won't be able to make Thursday night, but that doesn't stop the rest of you doing something if you wish. I will be around next week though, and was going to suggest the Hollywood Hotel, as it's usually a pretty good place to go, as the bar isn't completely dominated by pokie machines, so has more of a proper pub feel to it. It just needs a dart board.

Here is the URL - Let me know your thoughts

http://www.hotelhollywood.com.au/

The address is given as Surrey hills, but it's only a short walk from Museum station, so is just about CBD.

S
Saturday night was good fun. But could have done with a little bit more drinking and less walking

We should do it again one Saturday soon. No more jokes though
Old Oct 29th 2006, 10:59 pm
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

Darling Harbour sounds good, as OH wants to check out the motor show beforehand!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:05 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sour kraut
Darling Harbour sounds good, as OH wants to check out the motor show beforehand!
Cool, Looks like it's goignt o be Thursday at the James Squires place on Kin Street Wharf then...

S
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:12 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, Looks like it's goignt o be Thursday at the James Squires place on Kin Street Wharf then...

S
Think of me while you are knocking back the beer, and I am sitting in the Arrivals area at Sydney airport to pick up my parents..

Have a good time!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:41 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Think of me while you are knocking back the beer, and I am sitting in the Arrivals area at Sydney airport to pick up my parents..

Have a good time!
You don't fancy sticking around for a few days to pick up the inlaws, do you? Take them home with you too, if you like
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:46 am
Full Throttle

Originally Posted by chels
You don't fancy sticking around for a few days to pick up the inlaws, do you? Take them home with you too, if you like
I already had to cope with Mich's parents, so fat chance I am gonna adopt anyone elses!!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:51 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I already had to cope with Mich's parents, so fat chance I am gonna adopt anyone elses!!
They're very nice, you wouldn't even notice they were there - just keep nodding at the MIL and say 'yes', 'no' and 'really' at frequent intervals, and give the FIL some odd jobs to do around the house and the occasional turn on the BBQ. Their 3 month stay will just whizz by :scared:
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:05 am
has lost The Game

They're very nice, you wouldn't even notice they were there - just keep nodding at the MIL and say 'yes', 'no' and 'really' at frequent intervals, and give the FIL some odd jobs to do around the house and the occasional turn on the BBQ. Their 3 month stay will just whizz by :scared:

A few odd jobs? I'd have the old man out building the new extension for 3 months!

S
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:11 am
Mozzie magnet

A few odd jobs? I'd have the old man out building the new extension for 3 months!

S
I'll send him round to yours then
Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:28 pm
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

Poor in-laws, nobody wants them....

About tomorrow - will you be waving the Union Jack or wear a bowler hat or will there be some other kind of recogniseable feature?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:11 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by sour kraut
Poor in-laws, nobody wants them....

About tomorrow - will you be waving the Union Jack or wear a bowler hat or will there be some other kind of recogniseable feature?
Well, the famous Union Jack shirt isn't clean this time, so it will have to be something else. Thinking about my washing pile, it will probably be a red T shirt, with some kind of Soviet propoganda on, as I have a couple of those.

Look out for CCCP or Aeroflot on a T shirt.

Or just listen out for a pom telling some bad jokes...

S
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:27 pm
Mozzie magnet

So is the venue confirmed? Time as before? Date tomorrow?

PS I've just noticed that this thread has had over 1000 views, but only 88 posts. So who's lurking? Are they considering coming along? Have you had any PMs from potentials, Swerv-o?

Last edited by chels; Oct 31st 2006 at 9:29 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:31 pm
has lost The Game

So is the venue confirmed? Time as before? Date tomorrow?
OK:

Time: 18:30 (6:30pm)
Date: Tomorrow (Today if you're reading this tomorrow) 02/11/06
Venue: The James Squires pub next to Bungalow 8

How was that?

The clarity of water added to sand or soil?

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.