Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Surfers Paradise Boozers! (3)

Surfers Paradise Boozers! (3)

Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all
Default Surfers Paradise Boozers! (3)

Well I decided that seen as this is our 3rd meet maybe we are no longer 'Surfers Paradise Loners'???

So I know there's a few suggestions for meeting up fairly soon so list your availability and we'll come up with a suitable date for most ....

I'm all for a date in October but know that some of us may be attending the big meet with Soapy, although if no one is going to that one what about doing Saturday 27th October?

Or 3rd / 10th / 17th November ???

I vote for Fishos for the next one (but on a Saturday cos I'm a lightweight and need Sunday to recover )

Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Gary and Alex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Surfers Paradise Boozers! (3)

we just posted on the last one. we're so used to being the loners !! we're cool for fisho's or else barbie at our place? any days cool with us at mo.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:59 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Fishos on a Saturday is not as good as it is on a Sunday afternoon.If you go before 2pm you might get seat and it only gets busier as the day goes on.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brido
Fishos on a Saturday is not as good as it is on a Sunday afternoon.If you go before 2pm you might get seat and it only gets busier as the day goes on.
We are up for this weekend, maybe leave fishos until we can make it for a Sunday afternoon. Why don't we meet in Surfers for a few cheeky beers on Saturday and maybe a bbq later (weather depending)
Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sambo76
We are up for this weekend, maybe leave fishos until we can make it for a Sunday afternoon. Why don't we meet in Surfers for a few cheeky beers on Saturday and maybe a bbq later (weather depending)
Surfers sounds good I haven't actually been down there at night since I got here - god im sad!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

peast01 is on a distinguished road

We should be free this Saturday and next week but after that Mels Mam will be here for two weeks, although next weekend is indy, a bbq or night out sounds good to us
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stella340

I'm all for a date in October but know that some of us may be attending the big meet with Soapy, although if no one is going to that one what about doing Saturday 27th October?

Or 3rd / 10th / 17th November ???
Andrea & I can't do this weekend or the next as we have brother & sister-in-law in town with nephews, but can make the 27th Oct (we're not going to the big meet btw).

Failing that we can make the 10th or 17th Nov as well.

Gav
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Well I decided that seen as this is our 3rd meet maybe we are no longer 'Surfers Paradise Loners'???
BTW, love the new thread name... Much more appropriate!!!

Suggestion for our new moto:
We walk alone no more, but drink to oblivion in good company!

Gav
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gavstrad
BTW, love the new thread name... Much more appropriate!!!

Suggestion for our new moto:
We walk alone no more, but drink to oblivion in good company!

Gav
Ooh Gav that's a bit profound for 7.52 AM!!! Although I like it!
Well if no one is going to the big meet shall we do one on ....

Saturday 27th October at Fishos

AND

Saturday 17th November - venue TBC?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by peast01
We should be free this Saturday and next week but after that Mels Mam will be here for two weeks, although next weekend is indy, a bbq or night out sounds good to us
We'll deffo do this Sat then, I reckon a few beers around Surfers' coolest (read serve in pint glasses) and then a Barbie back at Gary & Alex's place. I can do a run to Pattons for a sack or two of meat. Whilst we're out we could discuss the next meet also, we were planning on going to the Southport Sharks meet, but only if we go in numbers .

I love the motto Gav, I can see t-shirts being made.... baseball caps printed

So, Stella u up for this Sat too? Sounds like Ste & Mel, Gary & Alex, Emma & Steve n Me n Est at the mo...Feel free to add your names! I vote 8pm Clock Hotel as I hate change!!!!!

Last edited by sambo76; Oct 11th 2007 at 6:44 am.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sambo76
We'll deffo do this Sat then, I reckon a few beers around Surfers' coolest (read serve in pint glasses) and then a Barbie back at Gary & Alex's place. I can do a run to Pattons for a sack or two of meat. Whilst we're out we could discuss the next meet also, we were planning on going to the Southport Sharks meet, but only if we go in numbers .

I love the motto Gav, I can see t-shirts being made.... baseball caps printed

So, Stella u up for this Sat too? Sounds like Ste & Mel, Gary & Alex, Emma & Steve (hope that's you name, we didn't speak last time! Spoke to Steve tho, make sure he doesn't drive ) n Me n Est at the mo...Feel free to add your names! I vote 8pm Clock Hotel as I hate change!!!!!
We're supposed to be whale watching this weekend in Nicks work colleagues boat, but that might not happen so always good to have drinking as a back up plan!! Where do Gary and Alex live?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh Gav that's a bit profound for 7.52 AM!!! Although I like it!
Well if no one is going to the big meet shall we do one on ....

AND

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here or are there now two meets down the coast on the same night? Suit people with split personalities I guess,as we can get drunk twice in one night
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Where do Gary and Alex live?
Right in Surfers. Has a pool and bbq area n stuff. Apparently it's by the bowls club, near where the boat hire places are near to Melbas.

My thoughts are, you can't rely on the whales to be there, but you can rely on us and the beer.... it's a no brainer, and you can talk to us
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

AND
Sounds good to me! Book us in for both.

And how about Shuck Bar on Tedder Ave, Main Beach for the 17th Nov? Great bar, only down side is that it closes at 12am...

Last edited by gavstrad; Oct 11th 2007 at 8:12 am.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gavstrad
Sounds good to me! Book us in for both.

And how about Shuck Bar on Tedder Ave, Main Beach for the 17th Nov? Great bar, only down side is that it closes at 12am...
That sounds great Gav! Not been there but then again we've not been many places yet

Pollyana - most of the people who have come to the 'Surfers Paradise Loners' meets have said they're not going to the big meet so thought we wouldn't be treading on any toes if we organised it for the same night??? If anyone disagrees then please say!

Sambo - drink v's whales - you're right it's a no brainer! It should be an early start with the boat thing though so we can do both

So it's

Saturday 27th October at Fishos - 6pm start????

AND

Saturday 17th November at Shuck Bar and if it shuts at 12am, shall we start at 7pm? (or earlier)

oh and this Saturday too, 8pm at Clock Hotel then BBQ (do Gary & Alex know about this? )

Last edited by Stella340; Oct 11th 2007 at 8:48 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.