Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scottish meet up

Scottish meet up

Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scottish meet up

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
We are all well. Just been clearing out the house like Shona! Estate agent coming next Friday so all getting really real if you know what I mean. Once we get the house sold will book flights but hoping to go beg of June. When are you thinking of going now?
Shame about the responses from the Scottish crew it was a good laugh last time and nice to meet people who are as crazy as us for starting a new life!
Let us know when you get your visa!!
Michelle

Good luck with the house sale Michelle. Hope to be going May/June depending on visa and getting the house rented out. Hope to have our visa by the end of Feb?!

Debbie
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louisey66
Hi Debbie,

Glasgow would suit us best 4 meet up, i will only be a couple of weeks post natal so the train ride 2 Edinburgh maybe a bit bumpy!!! but i would still do my best 2 get there.

thanks louise x

Hi Louise

Will be great if you can come along! Hope all goes well with your new arrival. Will keep you updated on dates/venue etc.

Debbie

Last edited by brissydeb; Jan 21st 2008 at 5:42 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Thanks to a lovely brisseydeb alerting me to this thread! We would love to come along, Edin or Glasvegas fine, and poss Aberdeen with a bit of notice. Never made it to the last one, so determined to come along to this one.
Hi Scotlandtooz

Will be great to meet you! Keep a wee eye on this thread for arrangements.

Debbie
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Edinburgh would be great couldnt make the last one as it was Glasgow hubbie was working and nobody to watch 2 kids. I will keep checking this for the venue and dates though!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brockies
Edinburgh would be great couldnt make the last one as it was Glasgow hubbie was working and nobody to watch 2 kids. I will keep checking this for the venue and dates though!!!
Hi Brockies

Checking out places for the meet up at the moment, will be somewhere that kids are allowed in as someone has already mentioned that they will be bringing their kids. Look forward to meeting you, should be a good day/night as it seems that there is going to be quite a few of us!

Debbie
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Brockies

Checking out places for the meet up at the moment, will be somewhere that kids are allowed in as someone has already mentioned that they will be bringing their kids. Look forward to meeting you, should be a good day/night as it seems that there is going to be quite a few of us!

Debbie
That would be cool let the kids get involved!!! I will just wait for the date to be posted cheers Debs....
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

TELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the rough

Howayez

Have been offline for some time, but am back now. Thanks for pm Brissydeb. I'd be up for the next meet esp if near Edinburgh. A belated Happy New Year to all (esp m'fellow celts)

T
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TELLYADDICT
Howayez

Have been offline for some time, but am back now. Thanks for pm Brissydeb. I'd be up for the next meet esp if near Edinburgh. A belated Happy New Year to all (esp m'fellow celts)

T

Happy New Year to you too Tellyaddict! Will keep you posted on where we decide.

Debbie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Barney99 will become famous soon enoughBarney99 will become famous soon enough

Would love to meet up in either aberdeen/edinburgh. can't make the date in Aberdeen unfortunately. I work most weekends but have leave - in Feb/March so should be able to get there.
Will any of you be taking your kids? think it would be good for my 2 to speak to others in same position.
Let me know when something is arranged
Liz
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Am up for a meet, and hopfully my husband will be able to come this time! just let me know where and when and i will be there all goin well.
Is any of you going to the emigation seminar in Edinburgh in Feb?

I will keep an eye on this thread for the meet.
ps. we got our visas in July07 and are going in May 08 so hopfully wont be long for others getting there visas.
goodluck to u all anyways
annkc
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Barney99
Would love to meet up in either aberdeen/edinburgh. can't make the date in Aberdeen unfortunately. I work most weekends but have leave - in Feb/March so should be able to get there.
Will any of you be taking your kids? think it would be good for my 2 to speak to others in same position.
Let me know when something is arranged
Liz
Originally Posted by annkc
Am up for a meet, and hopfully my husband will be able to come this time! just let me know where and when and i will be there all goin well.
Is any of you going to the emigation seminar in Edinburgh in Feb?

I will keep an eye on this thread for the meet.
ps. we got our visas in July07 and are going in May 08 so hopfully wont be long for others getting there visas.
goodluck to u all anyways
annkc
Thats great Barney99 and annkc! Will post the arrangements tomorrow.

Debbie
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi folks

Seems like the majority of folk can do either Glasgow or Edinburgh and a couple can only do Edinburgh. So we will make it Edinburgh on the 1st of March at 2pm onwards at the Playfair pub in the Omni centre (Wetherspoons pub/ child friendly) I will phone them and get an area reserved for us under "British Expats" Hope this suits everyone.

Debbie
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi folks

Seems like the majority of folk can do either Glasgow or Edinburgh and a couple can only do Edinburgh. So we will make it Edinburgh on the 1st of March at 2pm onwards at the Playfair pub in the Omni centre (Wetherspoons pub/ child friendly) I will phone them and get an area reserved for us under "British Expats" Hope this suits everyone.

Debbie
Hi Debbie, good venue as easy to get to as plenty of parking etc too. See you there - will get the train through fm Glasgow and make a day of it!
Michelle
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Davey n Di is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks

Debbie
Fab!! See you all there....
Di x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi Debbie, good venue as easy to get to as plenty of parking etc too. See you there - will get the train through fm Glasgow and make a day of it!
Michelle
Going to make a day of it as well, might stay through there if I can find a cheap hotel!

Originally Posted by Davey n Di
Fab!! See you all there....
Di x

Great you can make it!

See you both soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.