Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scottish meet up

Scottish meet up

Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all
Default Re: Scottish meet up

Hi,
We are in Kinross, so would be happy to travel to Edinburgh.
Aberdeen seems a bit far, had a bad experience at the weekend when the snow gates closed, ended up taking us 7hrs to get home from Aviemore.... Ahhhh don't fancy that road again in a hurry

Shona
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
Hi,
We are in Kinross, so would be happy to travel to Edinburgh.
Aberdeen seems a bit far, had a bad experience at the weekend when the snow gates closed, ended up taking us 7hrs to get home from Aviemore.... Ahhhh don't fancy that road again in a hurry

Shona

Hi Shona

OMG 7 hours to get back, you must have been going crazy! Will be good to meet up with a fellow Julyee. Will keep you updated on a date etc.

Debbie
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Cheers Debbie

It was a rotten trip and I only said "I told you so" once
Keep me informed of the date, esspecially in Edin. I met a few folk applying in July when we went for our meds in Bonnyrigg in December. I didn't get their names tho, think I was a bit hyped up with the pending examination

Take care
Shona x
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Debbie

It was a rotten trip and I only said "I told you so" once
Keep me informed of the date, esspecially in Edin. I met a few folk applying in July when we went for our meds in Bonnyrigg in December. I didn't get their names tho, think I was a bit hyped up with the pending examination

Take care
Shona x
Hi Shona

Will let you when a date is decided. Got our meds next Friday, not looking forward to the blood test as I have fainted every time I've had an injection!

Debbie
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Shona

Will let you when a date is decided. Got our meds next Friday, not looking forward to the blood test as I have fainted every time I've had an injection!

Debbie
Good luck with the meds, where are you getting them done ? The blood test was the worst bit for me too, but all the rest was pretty straight forward. I was most gutted at the fact I bust my ass to loose 2 stone before the meds and when I stood on the scales there was no fan fare What an anti climax.
Take care
Shona
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good luck with the meds, where are you getting them done ? The blood test was the worst bit for me too, but all the rest was pretty straight forward. I was most gutted at the fact I bust my ass to loose 2 stone before the meds and when I stood on the scales there was no fan fare What an anti climax.
Take care
Shona
Hi Shona

Had our meds done today in Glasgow, went well so fingers crossed.

Will wait a week or so more to see about arranging dates etc for the meet up.

Debbie
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi Shona

Debbie
Not had a lot of response yet Debbie! Where r all the Scottish people hiding?? (GC I think) Good news on the meds, it is fairly basic isnt it!!!
Michelle
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Not had a lot of response yet Debbie! Where r all the Scottish people hiding?? (GC I think) Good news on the meds, it is fairly basic isnt it!!!
Michelle
Hi Michelle

How are you? Yeah, we thought the meds were pretty basic too. Have to agree has been a poor response so far!! When we were in the waiting area today there was at least 8 calls for folk booking meds for immigration.....where are they?? Maybe they have not found this website yet?! Will try bumping this thread a few times over the next week or so.

Debbie
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bump
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Shona

Debbie

Hi Debbie
Glad the meds went well. now its just waiting ..... and waiting.....
We have been decorating all weekend to get the house ready for selling. Its a shame there has been very little interest in the Scottish meet up. Maybe everyone else is too busy decorating as well. Not sure what 'bumping' means but hopefully it helps I will keep an eye on this thread though because it would be good to catch up with others in the same boat.

Shona
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi Michelle

How are you? Yeah, we thought the meds were pretty basic too. Have to agree has been a poor response so far!! When we were in the waiting area today there was at least 8 calls for folk booking meds for immigration.....where are they?? Maybe they have not found this website yet?! Will try bumping this thread a few times over the next week or so.

Debbie
We are all well. Just been clearing out the house like Shona! Estate agent coming next Friday so all getting really real if you know what I mean. Once we get the house sold will book flights but hoping to go beg of June. When are you thinking of going now?
Shame about the responses from the Scottish crew it was a good laugh last time and nice to meet people who are as crazy as us for starting a new life!
Let us know when you get your visa!!
Michelle
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

manwinoname is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Debbie , you can count me & Jane in as we are unlikely to be in Melbourne b4 April. House is sold with an entry date in April and visa is at the last stage ( hope to have it finalised by the end of this month ).
Look forward to seeing you both again.
Cheers 4 now
Steve
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

louisey66 will become famous soon enough

Hi Debbie,

Glasgow would suit us best 4 meet up, i will only be a couple of weeks post natal so the train ride 2 Edinburgh maybe a bit bumpy!!! but i would still do my best 2 get there.

thanks louise x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Thanks to a lovely brisseydeb alerting me to this thread! We would love to come along, Edin or Glasvegas fine, and poss Aberdeen with a bit of notice. Never made it to the last one, so determined to come along to this one.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by manwinoname
Hi Debbie , you can count me & Jane in as we are unlikely to be in Melbourne b4 April. House is sold with an entry date in April and visa is at the last stage ( hope to have it finalised by the end of this month ).
Look forward to seeing you both again.
Cheers 4 now
Steve
Will be good to meet you both again, will decide on venue etc by the end of the week.

Debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.