Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots going to Oz

Scots going to Oz

Old Oct 13th 2006, 5:30 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots going to Oz

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Not sure if there is a Glasgow drink up - I lost track with some of the posts. I've just arrived in Glasgow (Fri 13th Oct) for 2 weeks on business - over from Melbourne. Would be happy to meet up with any folks in Glasgow for a wee pint or two and give any help, advice, feedback on Aus generally or Melbourne in particular.

Cheers,
Col
Hi Col, are you sure you really want to do this??? You do know we're going to jump on you and demand to know all about each and every suburb, train journey and real estate agent in Melbourne

There's definately a meet in Glasgow on the 4th November so it would be great to meet you.

Gill
Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gill,

Happy to help if I can ! Though I may live to regret saying that. Sadly won't be around on Nov 4th, flying home on Nov 2nd.

And don't get me started on real estate agents.

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hi Col, are you sure you really want to do this??? You do know we're going to jump on you and demand to know all about each and every suburb, train journey and real estate agent in Melbourne

There's definately a meet in Glasgow on the 4th November so it would be great to meet you.

Gill
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

hi all, new to this form but would love to meet up with other folk moving down under. its not the same speaking to family & friends who are not doing the same thing.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Not sure if there is a Glasgow drink up - I lost track with some of the posts. I've just arrived in Glasgow (Fri 13th Oct) for 2 weeks on business - over from Melbourne. Would be happy to meet up with any folks in Glasgow for a wee pint or two and give any help, advice, feedback on Aus generally or Melbourne in particular.

Cheers,
Col
Hi col, would be really good to meet with you if you can make it on 4th nov in glasgow. we arrive in melbourne on xmas morning and going to be staying with friends in langwarrin, would be great if i could pickle your brain about general stuff.

thanks

sarah-jayne
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah-Jayne, I'm afraid I'm only in Glasgow for 2 weeks, I leave here on Frid 27th Oct. Happy to meet up before then though.

Cheers,
Colin

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Hi col, would be really good to meet with you if you can make it on 4th nov in glasgow. we arrive in melbourne on xmas morning and going to be staying with friends in langwarrin, would be great if i could pickle your brain about general stuff.

thanks

sarah-jayne
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:45 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
would be great if i could pickle your brain about general stuff.

thanks

sarah-jayne

And his Brains well pickled.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Evening Bordy

Originally Posted by Bordy
And his Brains well pickled.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

looks like i need a brain, sorry did not realise col you were leaving before the 4th, never read it properly.

sj
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening Bordy

Hello Colin, we'd be happy to meet you next weekend for a quick drink somewhere if you want , quick as in drinking quick and lots, only joking , if you let me know what and where suits, we'll try our best to be there , not sun thought, its our wee girls birthday, sat would be ok and if you want a nostalgic walk in ayr pubs i.e rabbies, or club too far, then that suits even better, lol

Talking of drinking, where's Herchook just now

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 15th 2006 at 10:30 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Margaret,

I'll be in Glasgow on Friday, Ayr on Saturday and then back to Glasgow on Sunday. Any preference ?! I'm staying in the city in Glasgow.

Cheers,
Colin

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Hello Colin, we'd be happy to meet you next weekend for a quick drink somewhere if you want , quick as in drinking quick and lots, only joking , if you let me know what and where suits, we'll try our best to be there , not sun thought, its our wee girls birthday, sat would be ok and if you want a nostalgic walk in ayr pubs i.e rabbies, or club too far, then that suits even better, lol

Talking of drinking, where's Herchook just now
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Hi Margaret,

I'll be in Glasgow on Friday, Ayr on Saturday and then back to Glasgow on Sunday. Any preference ?! I'm staying in the city in Glasgow.

Cheers,
Colin

Ayr on Sat would be great (as we stay in Killie), are you meeting friends , if so , are you sure you want us
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm down seeing my Mum so could probably do with a couple of hours out the house having a few beers !

Are you guys heading to Melbourne ? When are you going etc ?

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Ayr on Sat would be great (as we stay in Killie), are you meeting friends , if so , are you sure you want us
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:25 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Is the Glasgow meet still on for Nov 4th? If we get numbers together i could pop into Walkabout(if we have it there) and see if they will cordon off an area for us nearer the time,as im only 10 mins from Town Center.

We can def make it.

Brian+Julie
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

I'm down seeing my Mum so could probably do with a couple of hours out the house having a few beers !

Are you guys heading to Melbourne ? When are you going etc ?

Yip, have our visas and headed to Melbourne in Jan

Do you want to meet in Rabbies , if it still exists, been a while since i've went out in ayr , I'll find our the low on pubs in ayr from peeps at work and let you know
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brido
Is the Glasgow meet still on for Nov 4th? If we get numbers together i could pop into Walkabout(if we have it there) and see if they will cordon off an area for us nearer the time,as im only 10 mins from Town Center.

We can def make it.

Brian+Julie

Hope its all still on, i have had approx 10 peeps from aussiemove who are interested, that would be good if you could do that and i could let people who have pm'd me know the definate arrangements

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.