Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots going to Oz

Scots going to Oz

Old Oct 6th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice
Default Re: Scots going to Oz

Hi
well first we cannot make the meeting next weekend as i have said we are going out and our plans have now been finalised
have a great time and try not to get to drunk Margaret lol

we are planning on meeting peter and Gavin when we get to Brisbane so it is a good idea to meet others that you may already know and like

Billy & Vicki
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
well first we cannot make the meeting next weekend as i have said we are going out and our plans have now been finalised
have a great time and try not to get to drunk Margaret lol

we are planning on meeting peter and Gavin when we get to Brisbane so it is a good idea to meet others that you may already know and like

Billy & Vicki

Hey, am really sorry i will not get to meet you all again before the big move , was peter , karen's oh, i hope everyone is doing ok.

As for the rest of the scots, where the heck are you all c'mon lets get a good turn out, it'll be worth it, honest as Herchook has promised some suprises and i hear sorchar is wearing a catsuit
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Hey, am really sorry i will not get to meet you all again before the big move , was peter , karen's oh, i hope everyone is doing ok.

As for the rest of the scots, where the heck are you all c'mon lets get a good turn out, it'll be worth it, honest as Herchook has promised some suprises and i hear sorchar is wearing a catsuit

We havent been to any meet ups - only got our visa today! Still in shock...... Would love to pop along and meet up with some of you heading to Oz.
Is the meet up next weekend or has it been re-scheduled?
Old Oct 7th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all
Lightbulb Re: Scots going to Oz

Hi everyone

It's Laura and Gordon here. We would have loved to come next week - but we are going away for a long weekend elsewhere.

It would have been good to meet with everyone - so that's a shame!

Please organise something else soon, as we will definately come.

We are planning on going to Perth - is anyone else?????

Speak soon.

Laura and Gordon
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:31 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine dreamer
We havent been to any meet ups - only got our visa today! Still in shock...... Would love to pop along and meet up with some of you heading to Oz.
Is the meet up next weekend or has it been re-scheduled?
Hi there,
The meet is still on for sat 14th though no definate time has been arranged. So for time what about 1pm or 2pm! what time do you all want to meet. It will be good to meet you, Congrats on the visa
Andrea
xx
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:32 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
Hi everyone
It would have been good to meet with everyone - so that's a shame!
Please organise something else soon, as we will definately come.
We are planning on going to Perth - is anyone else?????
Speak soon.
Laura and Gordon
Hi Laura and Gordon,
Its a shame you can't make next weekend but on the bright side it means we'll just have to organise another meet Hope you have a great weekend.
Andrea
xx
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:38 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Would have come along if it was today/2 weeks from now but im nightshift from Fri to Mon next week.I only have to do it every 4 weeks but you'd be amazed at the amounts of nights out ive had to miss through it.

If theres another before we go,then we'll be there.Enjoy your

Brian + Julie
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:09 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a few people can't make next week which is a real shame, we'll just have to get another one sorted out soon - how about a Christmas do?

Anyway, I would prefer meeting at 1pm if that's OK. Not going to be drinking :scared: I'm doing so so well on my diet that I just don't want to spoil it. Lost a stone now but still got a way to go.

Andrea, was good to catch up in the gym last week, are you going on Monday?

Karen, great to hear from you. How is life in Perth?

Ginny AND Karen - where's all the photos of you all enjoying yourselves in the sun to keep us motivated here in the cold??? lol

Billy - sorry we'll not get a chance to meet. Hope the move goes really well for you.

Looking forward to next week. Who is going then? Margaret, Sarah-Jayne, Sandra, Andrea, moi - who else?

For those of you who haven't met anyone yet there are a few photos of previous meets on BE, just do a search for scottish lassies. Think there might be some in Ginny's photopost section too.

Gill
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by herrchook
Anyway, I would prefer meeting at 1pm if that's OK. Not going to be drinking :scared: I'm doing so so well on my diet that I just don't want to spoil it. Lost a stone now but still got a way to go.

Andrea, was good to catch up in the gym last week, are you going on Monday?
Looking forward to next week. Who is going then? Margaret, Sarah-Jayne, Sandra, Andrea, moi - who else?Gill
Hi Gill,
1pm good for me. Won't be making monday as I am trying to organise a grad ball for next year as our SU don't bother.. so got a meeting.. But will prob be there on wednesday as its Johns Birthday today so after a weekend of celebrations will need to be there If I don't see you on wed will defo see you sat. We meeting at walkabout? Congrats on the stone by the way
Andrea
xx
Old Oct 7th 2006, 5:28 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

I'd love to come. I seem to keep missing the meet ups but we are having the 1st of our goodbye parties on the 14th.

Maybe I will manage to meet you all on the other side!

Fiona
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

DISASTER

I can't make it next weekend, just found out today that my 7 year old has 2 solo songs in her music theatre concert and its next sat and sun, and can't miss that , I can feel the tears already

Also i posted the meet on aussiemove.com, so have had a few pm's from peeps interested , will point them in the right direction
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Hello all, I have lots of pm's from aussiemove.com of people interested, some can't make it as its short notice Actually can't believe the response from there, its really taking off
Does anyone fancy rescheduling for the end of the month if not its ok am sure another meet will come up, cheers all

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 8th 2006 at 7:24 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:28 pm
Banned

Hello all, I have lots of pm's from aussiemove.com of people interested, some can't make it as its short notice Actually can't believe the response from there, its really taking off
Does anyone fancy rescheduling for the end of the month if not its ok am sure another meet will come up, cheers all
Hi Margaret,
I don't mind rescheduling till the end of the month. That would be either 21st or 28th October eh! I know there are a few peeps who can't make this weekend anyway. What do people think! Do we still go ahead and meet and organise another meet? or wait another couple of weeks and more people will be able to make it?
Andrea
xx
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hi Margaret,
I don't mind rescheduling till the end of the month. That would be either 21st or 28th October eh! I know there are a few peeps who can't make this weekend anyway. What do people think! Do we still go ahead and meet and organise another meet? or wait another couple of weeks and more people will be able to make it?
Andrea
xx

Andrea the 28th would be great, i can't believe the response am getting from aussiemove, having trouble replying and keeping them updated, but will see what other people say, love margaret If you go on their forum i have used your 'scots going to oz ' title
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Jcqdnld is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Scots going to Oz

Hi

I am up for any dates, either Glasgow or Edinburgh, not bothered, just let me know when and where.

Kind Regards

Jacqui

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.