Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots going to Oz

Scots going to Oz

Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scots going to Oz

Gill would be great if we could do a dinner before xmas, and get a proper chat.totally stressed out, was saying to andrea might need to realise the equity on house and change mortgage to a buy to let then rent it out, if the buyer does not sign missives and conclude. I dont blame her, she does not have an offer yet but its getting too near for us to hang off .I'll keep you posted , we'll arrange something soon, maybe 2nd week in december or something if suits.

sj x

Originally Posted by herrchook
Sorry to miss you too Sarah-Jayne. There were a few other shops I needed to get to before closing and I had a shocking hangover headache so left a bit sharp. Was saying to Margaret that we'll definately get something sorted before Xmas. Maybe a meal or something?

How's everything going?

It was really good to meet so many of you yesterday.

Ginny, sadly I was on the old slimline tonic and Margaret was on diet coke so we let the side down badly.

Gill
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

you're probablly glad you had your sensible heed on at work today, thomas aint home yet, he will be shattered been out since 7.45am. Anyway try and make a dinner and a chat would be good.

sj x

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I had a couple of VB's later, could've went a few more but had me sensible heed oan, and that doesn't happen often, just as well really am typing this from work, looks like its gonna be a loooooooooong night in here

Sorry to miss you sarahjayne, would love a wee blether before you leave, here's hoping we manage before you go
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arlene, glad your okay, mail me when you want to do coffee this week, after tuesday your a lady of leisure. Had a brill time.

sj x

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Hi Guys

We had a great time lastnight. (what I can remember of it)!! I knew I shouldn't have drank vino was rat arsed. The hangover has just worn off a few hours ago and got the munchies now. James has been a wee angel getting me pints of water and food all day.
Glad everyone enjoyed the night and would be good if did another. great meeting everyone and hearing all the plans.

No probs running you home SJ, sorry I went to sleep
SJ if you want to meet up for coffee give me a shout.

Hope to see you all again soon

Arlene & James xx
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wuman be shopping, quite right too. Thanks for a good chat, hope all goes well with your visa's etc and hope all goes well. I'll post once we get there, with all the trials and tribulations, hoping it will be turmoil free but things never seem to work out like that .

take care

sj x

Originally Posted by sharon45
Hi guys ,
Thats us just in from Glasgow. we both had a great nite and hope every one go home safe. definitely need to meet again ,better seating arrangements would be great.
We left at 10 and had a walk up sauhiehalll street to try and get a taxi by god it was busy. Lots of people falling over.

hope every one got as much out of the meet as we did Ricky doesn't frequent BE and was so impressed that we all seem to know our login names.

SJ and Thomas good luck and hope the house sale goes through had have a guid new year in Oz.

Feet are beeling with all the shopping done today. Ricky went to pub to finally see his team Dundee united win a game.!!! He was in a good mood so didn't mind about all the bags(Xmas surprises well that 's what he thinks.) Girls we know better.

well better sign off now big day at new job tomorrow .

see you all soon I hope

Sharon and Ricky.

xx
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:54 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi everyone, we both had a great night! Both still feeling pretty rough Look forward to the next one!
Deb,Deb,Deb,you can fair put it away girl.Do you have hollow legs ?!?
Had a good laugh with Jeff too,(tell me thats the right name or ive made an arse of myself). Two and a half men was the programme i was on about but couldnt remember the name(He'll know.)but i couldnt convince him to give me Victoria Wood.Lol.

Ive just got back up,been in and out of bed all day and Julies buggered off to watch firework displays.My livers not young enough to bounce back,but at least its younger than Scotschicks!Lol.

Thomas and Sarah Jane,shame we didnt get a natter,we could have swapped house stories as we still havent got buyers to commit and thats the only thing holding us here.

Everyone we spoke to were great and by the sound of it so was everyone else.
We will get a better place next time or book a meal somewhere where everyone can blether.

Im off to find something to help me get rid of the hollow shell feeling.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Ive just got back up,been in and out of bed all day and Julies buggered off to watch firework displays.My livers not young enough to bounce back,but at least its younger than Scotschicks!Lol.

Cheeky B - you ain't that far behind me mate.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Scots going to Oz

[QUOTE=brido]Deb,Deb,Deb,you can fair put it away girl.Do you have hollow legs ?!?
Had a good laugh with Jeff too,(tell me thats the right name or ive made an arse of myself). Two and a half men was the programme i was on about but couldnt remember the name(He'll know.)but i couldnt convince him to give me Victoria Wood.Lol.

Hey Brido, that is the first time anyone has told me that!! We both had a fab time on Saturday, the latter part I have vague memories of Jeff spent all day in bed on Sunday (thats what you get for starting drinking at 1pm!!)
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

thomas & sj all the best for your move to Melbourne, will be thinking of you on Xmas day when you arrive in sunny Melbourne, take care and enjoy!!!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

so guys when will we have the nxt meet up? b4 brido leaves????????? when does' it suit everyone?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Howz it gawn folks, am aff me work the morrow yeeeeeeeehaaaaa
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks debs, hopefully will be okay. and we 'll be able to relax somtime soon in the near future , good luck top you as well, if there is another meet before we go we'll catch up.

take care

sj x

Originally Posted by brissydeb
thomas & sj all the best for your move to Melbourne, will be thinking of you on Xmas day when you arrive in sunny Melbourne, take care and enjoy!!!