British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Newcastle meet up? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/newcastle-meet-up-873824/)

Laura86 Mar 6th 2016 2:46 am

Newcastle meet up?

Hi there,

I moved to Maitland last year from the UK and although I have a great job and a partner I'm struggling a little bit to find like minded people to meet socially.

I'm 29, love running, being outdoors, cooking and going for dinner/drinks. I used to live in London - so it's a change to say the least to live in Maitland :)

Anyone in a similar situation and fancy a coffee and slice of cake sometime?

Laura

ElaineJ May 22nd 2016 2:40 am

Re: Newcastle meet up?

[QUOTE=Laura86;11887456]Hi there,

I moved to Maitland last year from the UK and although I have a great job and a partner I'm struggling a little bit to find like minded people to meet socially.

I'm 29, love running, being outdoors, cooking and going for dinner/drinks. I used to live in London - so it's a change to say the least to live in Maitland :)

Anyone in a similar situation and fancy a coffee and slice of cake sometime?

Laura[/QUOTE

Hi Laura

I have just registered here and saw your post. I have been here 15 years, it takes a while to settle. I'm on the Central Coast NSW so a little far, but just wanted to say hello and welcome to Australia. Yes Maitland a little different to London 😊😊Elaine😊😊

Coopersr6 Feb 19th 2017 9:37 am

Hi
I'm looking at moving to Newcastle in August to November this year
Sorting out nursing registration
Recently getting worried it's such a big move in a single mum and as much as the lifestyle appeals I'm worried about starting over again

deano27 Feb 20th 2017 3:38 am

[QUOTE=ElaineJ;11953660]

Originally Posted by Laura86 (Post 11887456)
Hi there,

Hi Laura

I have just registered here and saw your post. I have been here 15 years, it takes a while to settle. I'm on the Central Coast NSW so a little far, but just wanted to say hello and welcome to Australia. Yes Maitland a little different to London 😊😊Elaine😊😊

Hey Elaine - 15 years. You must know all the great beaches by now. :lol:
I am on the central coast near Terrigal beach, which is fantastic. :thumbup:

Hello anyhow.

Dean

Ajdcd May 14th 2017 9:52 am

Hi Laura,

Just joined up myself, I am 31 and have been living in and around Newcastle for the last year, even though my partner tries to get us out and about I find I am missing the UK style lifestyle after work.
Any luck settling in?

Andy

Kapri May 26th 2017 10:34 am

Hi Laura and Andy
There is a meet up in Newcastle tomorrow night, Saturday, at The Happy Wombat on Hunter St � ����

Njellis Sep 17th 2017 9:03 am

Hi, myself and my husband have just moved to the area and I'm looking to make some friends. I am 33 and a teacher (although still looking for a job here) and would very much like to not have to spend all my time with my husband. Any one interested in meeting?

Coopersr6 Sep 17th 2017 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Njellis (Post 12339818)
Hi, myself and my husband have just moved to the area and I'm looking to make some friends. I am 33 and a teacher (although still looking for a job here) and would very much like to not have to spend all my time with my husband. Any one interested in meeting?

I'm arriving in Feb 18
I have five children and am a nurse
How are you finding it