Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:00 pm
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Hey Suzy

It would be great to meet up with you, its an open invite, the more the merrier.

Keep a check on the forum as after every meet one of us puts the date and venue for the following weeks meet. We alternate between friday and wednesdays normally @ 10am somewhere central.

See you soon

Esther
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Madserati is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Hi everyone,

My name is Jette (35) and I am new in Brisbane. Moved here from Singapore in August. I am Danish but married to a Brit so I am only a "pretend Brit" . I have a 9 months old son and would love to meet other expat mothers (and my son would love to meet other expat bubs!). We live in Kangaroo Point.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Nikki R is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
I am new to Brisbane arriving 4 weeks ago I have a 2 year and 4 year boisterous boys and would love to meet up with anyone,I would love to come to the weekly meets but also if anyone is in our area (Kenmore on southside) I would love a chat and coffee.
Nikki
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:13 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jette & Nikki

Would be great to catch up with you. We tend to arrange at central location for meets and alternate between Wednesdays and Fridays normally @10am.

Esther

Last edited by Est; Oct 1st 2008 at 7:16 am.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:16 am
Est
Forum Regular

Hi all

Had a good meet today, glorious weather.

Next weeks meet - Friday 10th October @ 10am at the grassed area behind the beach near to donut king.

Esther
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:41 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I plan on being there next week. Unless the container is delivered - heres hoping.

I attach a photo of our youngest recruit.

Xavier Dissanayake

Jo
Attached Thumbnails Mummy meets south brisbane-dsc00242.jpg   Mummy meets south brisbane-dsc00245.jpg  
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats Jo, he looks like his big Sis!!! You guessed right then!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Girls,

Sorry for the late notice but as some of you know a few of us are off to see Bjorn Again (Abba Tribute) at the Qpac at Southbank on Friday night. It starts at 8pm and we have a spare ticket (costs $62.90). Please let me know if any of you would be interested in coming a.s.a.p.

Thanks Lianne

P.S
Karen,
Chrissie and I are assuming that you are still coming as you confirmed you were with Chrissie at the beginning so you we counted in when tickets were bought. Chrissie wondered if you wanted to meet for food/drink before hand?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by liannems
Hi Girls,

Sorry for the late notice but as some of you know a few of us are off to see Bjorn Again (Abba Tribute) at the Qpac at Southbank on Friday night. It starts at 8pm and we have a spare ticket (costs $62.90). Please let me know if any of you would be interested in coming a.s.a.p.

Thanks Lianne

P.S
Karen,
Chrissie and I are assuming that you are still coming as you confirmed you were with Chrissie at the beginning so you we counted in when tickets were bought. Chrissie wondered if you wanted to meet for food/drink before hand?

Sorry for not getting back earlier. I too am not feeling very well today with a really wierd tummy ache and aching limbs! Hence, i didn't go to the meet today. Hope Olivia is feeling better.

Yep, I'm up for Friday. Do you want me to transfer the money or pay you on Friday? If former, let me know details. I have no credit on my phone hence why I have been unable to reply.

Not sure about going for a meal before hand logistics (have to pick hubby up from train station at 6.00pm) may make it a bit difficult. How are you all getting there, where are you parking? Tried to PM, but wouldn't let me, but I can read PM.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:03 pm
Est
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by liannems
Hi Girls,

Thanks Lianne

P.S
Karen,
Bummer - I didnt know about this - I LOVE Abba. Got plans now for Friday so won't be able to join you all.

Have fun

Esther
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Madserati is an unknown quantity at this point

I will try to be there next Friday.

Wish I could go and see Björn Again as I am ABBA obsessed (not many people would admit to that!), but we don't have a baby sitter .

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madserati
I will try to be there next Friday.

Wish I could go and see Björn Again as I am ABBA obsessed (not many people would admit to that!), but we don't have a baby sitter .

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hi All, sorry I have not posted about the Abba thang - Bjorn Again - up to now. Got back Tue night late from UK and the jet lag is proving a bit hard to kick along with a pile of washing and in-laws under my feet. So just got chance to sit down and post now. Spoke to Lianne today but not had time to call anyone else yet - again sorry about that, time is just flying by. The show kicks off at 8pm so I'm thinking we should be there at the Concert Hall latest 745pm. Not leaving a lot of time to grab a bite to eat beforehand really and by the sound of it a lot of you have stuff to do beforehand too. So I'm suggesting 2 options
1. Meet at Toscanis which is an Italian bar, restaurant pretty near to QPAC. That means whoever wants to eat can do or we can just have a glass of wine. I've been there once and it was fine but I have to admit I've heard something stinking review of food and service there so please bear that in mind.
OR
2. We could meet at the open air bar at QPAC and just have a drinky-poos and a natter before we go in.
I think I'd be going for the meeting at the bar option for ease really this time but I love eating out so if people prefer to do the other option I'd be happy either way.

I'm free tomorrow so can meet up anytime that suits. Say 630pm onwards? I dont mind being the first person there :-)

Waddya think ladies?????

I'll do a ring round in the morning if need be to finalise our meet up.

Take care, - hee hee, I'm really looking forward to it now

p.s. what you all wearing ?!?!?!?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:15 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Now I wish I was able to go. Sounds like you are going to have a fab night. Well its an excuse to organise something in maybe later on so that I can also join in.

Hope you have a great night.

Jo

Originally Posted by kissfritz
Hi All, sorry I have not posted about the Abba thang - Bjorn Again - up to now. Got back Tue night late from UK and the jet lag is proving a bit hard to kick along with a pile of washing and in-laws under my feet. So just got chance to sit down and post now. Spoke to Lianne today but not had time to call anyone else yet - again sorry about that, time is just flying by. The show kicks off at 8pm so I'm thinking we should be there at the Concert Hall latest 745pm. Not leaving a lot of time to grab a bite to eat beforehand really and by the sound of it a lot of you have stuff to do beforehand too. So I'm suggesting 2 options
1. Meet at Toscanis which is an Italian bar, restaurant pretty near to QPAC. That means whoever wants to eat can do or we can just have a glass of wine. I've been there once and it was fine but I have to admit I've heard something stinking review of food and service there so please bear that in mind.
OR
2. We could meet at the open air bar at QPAC and just have a drinky-poos and a natter before we go in.
I think I'd be going for the meeting at the bar option for ease really this time but I love eating out so if people prefer to do the other option I'd be happy either way.

I'm free tomorrow so can meet up anytime that suits. Say 630pm onwards? I dont mind being the first person there :-)

Waddya think ladies?????

I'll do a ring round in the morning if need be to finalise our meet up.

Take care, - hee hee, I'm really looking forward to it now

p.s. what you all wearing ?!?!?!?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joh117
Now I wish I was able to go. Sounds like you are going to have a fab night. Well its an excuse to organise something in maybe later on so that I can also join in.

Hope you have a great night.

Jo
Now I know you have a lot on at the mo' with your new arrival - but are you sure we can't change your mind Jo? Ticket going spare y'know ?! If not as you say we should do something again soon so that everyone gets a chance to come along.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:03 pm
Pass The Post

I cant I am breastfeeding and have yet to introduce an expressed bottle to him. I dont want to this early as it could impact on the feeding. Also I will probably be in the land of nod when you are getting into the swing of things. Grabbing sleep where I can LOL

But up for a night out in the near future for sure

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.