Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Never made it again today...now i have been sick and now my middle one and youngest has got it..i am sick of sick kids..maybe one day will get on this meet, we are heading back to U.K week Sunday for a month, so don't think i will manage next week either due to chasing my tail trying to get things organised..

Suzanne
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:30 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Stella, no worries knowing what kids are like they change their sleep times fairly quickly anyway so hopefully it wont be long before you can join us again. We are hanging around a bit longer though so maybe if Carys wakes in time you could make it later on. Today it was nearly 2 before we left the park and there were a couple still hanging on.

Louise, I have left a garbled answer machine message and followed this up with a PM that may make more sense LOL

Good to hear you are going to maybe give it a bit longer. It is hard with a little one and doesnt help that your hubby works such long hours too. I am sure all the girls will agree with me we are here for you and if you need some support or help at all even if its just taking John Paul for a walk while you have a wee kip then shout out.

Next weeks meet is Wednesday 1st October 11am at Southbank on the grass next to the donut place opposite the beach/lagoon. Now I really hope I am not there as I will be overdue if I am!!!!!!! Though it will be good to see you all

Jo
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by louisey66
Hey girls thanks for all your support today, last week i was dead set on going home then the last few days ive been sitting on one side of the fence looking up at it but today ive jumped up and im on that fence. So much so that im going 2 view a rental with the view of re jigging my flights

Ill let you all know how i get on

Louise (confused indecisive gemini)
Hi Louise

Hope you come to the right decision in the end - its so hard to adjust in the first year or so. I agree with Jo about all of us girls being here for you and my offer still stands, if you need me to look after the little one for a few hours just shout. I'll send you a PM.
Sue
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Good to catch up again with you all again today.

Been thinking that maybe we could change the meet back to 10am like the first meet we did so that those whose kids take lunchtime naps can maybe still get down for an hour or so for a chat as although we seem to hang around longer you still can't guarantee how long people will stay about for (and would hate for someone to make the effort to come along later on and no one was there!!)

Also next week maybe we need to put a sign on someones pushchair as it is still the school holidays and we weren't as easy to spot today!!!!!

Lianne
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

have a good trip home Suzanne and hopefully we will get to meet you when you get back. Lianne
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:50 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

10am is good for me.

The sign sounds like a good idea. Wont volunteer as I may be in hospital fingers crossed!!!!

Jo

Originally Posted by liannems
Good to catch up again with you all again today.

Been thinking that maybe we could change the meet back to 10am like the first meet we did so that those whose kids take lunchtime naps can maybe still get down for an hour or so for a chat as although we seem to hang around longer you still can't guarantee how long people will stay about for (and would hate for someone to make the effort to come along later on and no one was there!!)

Also next week maybe we need to put a sign on someones pushchair as it is still the school holidays and we weren't as easy to spot today!!!!!

Lianne
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

So is everyone happy to change the time to 10am?

If so, next weeks' meet is 10am at southbank, on the grass opposite the beach next to the donut place!!

Any volunteer to put sign on pushchair for anyone new coming? (I would but have to take Olivia to daycare at 10am)

All welcome!

Lianne
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:26 pm
Pass The Post

Dont think I will be there. My waters have broken and I am at the start of labour!! Stella and Karen will keep you all updated with our news. Have a good meet and I will hopefully catch up with you the week after if all goes well

Jo
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all
Smile Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Originally Posted by joh117
Dont think I will be there. My waters have broken and I am at the start of labour!! Stella and Karen will keep you all updated with our news. Have a good meet and I will hopefully catch up with you the week after if all goes well

Jo
Baby Boy Xavier, weighing in at 7lbs 15oz, was born this morning at 2.10am. Jo and baby doing really good, after an extremely short labour (2hrs 25minutes!). Saw them today and Xavier is absolutely gorgeous with a really thick crop of black hair.

Karen
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Yes, 10am is fine with me. See you all next week.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by liannems
So is everyone happy to change the time to 10am?

If so, next weeks' meet is 10am at southbank, on the grass opposite the beach next to the donut place!!

Any volunteer to put sign on pushchair for anyone new coming? (I would but have to take Olivia to daycare at 10am)

All welcome!

Lianne
Yep, i'm ok with that but I have other commitments on a Wednesday morning so I would be one of the mums arriving later.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen
Baby Boy Xavier, weighing in at 7lbs 15oz, was born this morning at 2.10am. Jo and baby doing really good, after an extremely short labour (2hrs 25minutes!). Saw them today and Xavier is absolutely gorgeous with a really thick crop of black hair.

Karen
Congratulations Jo and well done!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:42 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Hi girls, I couldn't make Friday this week i've got my mum & dad here at the moment and we were doing the sights, hope you all had a nice time at New Farm.

Me & Fin will try and make this weeks meet on Wednesday 1st Oct at Southbank.

Well done Jo, will look forward to meeting the little guy soon.

Esther

p.s 10 o clock is much better for me as Fin feeds at 10.30 then has a kip.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:10 am
Pass The Post

Thanks girls. Xavier is a real joy. I had the best labour ever and a very quick one. Only just made it to the hospital with 30 mins to spare. Something to tell you about over coffee!!

Wont be there tomorrow as dont have the car and should rest even though I feel great. I will be there next week for sure though.

Jo
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hi we will be arriving in Brisbane at the end Oct and i was wondering if i could be included in any of the meet ups, would really like to meet and have chat etc many thanks Suzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.