Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:42 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Just posting to say looking forward to catching up tomorrow and Erykah will be with me this week.

That is as long as I dont go into labour overnight.

Jo
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:02 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Really enjoyed today and I think the kids did too.

I am not feeling quite right do you think I am getting ready for labour!!????

Hope to be there next wed. For those who are new to the thread we are meeting Wed 17th Sept at 11am next to Donut King on the grass.

Jo
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:36 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all.

Everyone seemed to have fun today, felt like summer was here already - it was lovely.

The meet for next week was arranged for Wednesday 17 @ 11am at Southbank on the grassed area behind the beach.

I may/maynot be able to join next week, we have family coming from the UK this weekend but will catch up again soon.

All welcome the more the merrier

Esther
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

I have two boys aged 4 and 1 - we arrived 2nd September - would love to come along too - can't make Wed 17th as have something arranged which is a shame.

Could you please let me know when next one is?

Many thanks
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:27 pm
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Hi all,

I have two boys aged 4 and 1 - we arrived 2nd September - would love to come along too - can't make Wed 17th as have something arranged which is a shame.

Could you please let me know when next one is?

Many thanks
Sure will Lindsay
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Lindsay,
We plan on meeting alternative Wednesdays and Fridays so next meeting after Wed 17th will be Friday 26th. The venue may not always be southbank but will always be central and somewhere that will keep the older kids from getting into trouble, hopefully!!! Someone will always post the details of our next meet on here.
look forward to meeting you at one of the meets. Anyone welcome
Lianne
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Hi girls

I'll be there again on Weds (but minus Alex as he will be in nursery). Hope to talk to you all properly!

Sue
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gaz & Sue
Hi girls

I'll be there again on Weds (but minus Alex as he will be in nursery). Hope to talk to you all properly!

Sue
I will try to make it on Wednesday. Tate will be at nursery, so he won't be joining but I will bring Carys along.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:50 am
Pass The Post

I will be there on wed after my hospital appointment again minus Erykah as she will be at nursery so I should get chance to talk to everyone this week.

Jo
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:15 am
Pass The Post

Hey girls forgot to put this on my last post

I was out with hubby last night for a meal and we were talking he is really pleased I have got out there and made friends with you guys so early into our move here in Oz.

He said what about the guys? Your OH's. Would any of them be up for a meet up for a few drinks in the city after work perhaps? I realise some of you have been here a while and probably have their networks/social scene sorted but there are a few like us that have just arrived and he feels that his life is a bit boring these days from just going to work and then spending quality family time but misses those after work drinks or someone to go to the cricket/footy with.

Another idea we talked over was how about doing something all of us as families say meeting at a park one weekend with the kids and having a BBQ and then the guys could get to know each other that way with a sense of having the kids in common.

What do you think? Or more importantly what do your OH think?

Jo
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joh117
Hey girls forgot to put this on my last post

I was out with hubby last night for a meal and we were talking he is really pleased I have got out there and made friends with you guys so early into our move here in Oz.

He said what about the guys? Your OH's. Would any of them be up for a meet up for a few drinks in the city after work perhaps? I realise some of you have been here a while and probably have their networks/social scene sorted but there are a few like us that have just arrived and he feels that his life is a bit boring these days from just going to work and then spending quality family time but misses those after work drinks or someone to go to the cricket/footy with.

Another idea we talked over was how about doing something all of us as families say meeting at a park one weekend with the kids and having a BBQ and then the guys could get to know each other that way with a sense of having the kids in common.

What do you think? Or more importantly what do your OH think?

Jo
T would love something sport orientated and would deffo go for a family meetup.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:27 am
Pass The Post

Originally Posted by dejags
T would love something sport orientated and would deffo go for a family meetup.

Just had a look and Australia are playing NZ in a cricket test match at the Gabba 20 - 24th November the 3rd day is a sat and its $30 for general admission and juniors go free on day 3 with a full paying adult could be a possibility for sporting event.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joh117
Just had a look and Australia are playing NZ in a cricket test match at the Gabba 20 - 24th November the 3rd day is a sat and its $30 for general admission and juniors go free on day 3 with a full paying adult could be a possibility for sporting event.

Torien says that sounds fab! Lets see if there are any others interested on Wed.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

We've just arrived here and my OH would be up for the cricket - he is also thinking of going to the soccer this Friday at Suncorp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.