Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:30 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

I am coming with Karen and her little girl Annabel. My daughter is in nursery so wont be there.

See you tomorrow

Jo
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:53 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Mummy meets brisbane

It was great to meet everyone today

We have arranged another meet for a picnic next friday (12 Sept) at the grassed area near the beach at southbank @ 11am.

All welcome, the more the merrier.

Esther
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:24 am
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Looks like i got this wrong gals - i thought it was next wednesday the 10th!Thats a shame, hope you all had a good time. Unsure whether i can make the friday though but I will keep track of this thread as really would like to meet you all.

Helen.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe we should do every fourth week on a different day like a wed or Thurs for any ladies who can't ever make a Friday. That way everyone has a chance to catch up at least once a month and it would be a shame to exclude those who can't do Fridays!!! Just a thought!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:45 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by liannems
Maybe we should do every fourth week on a different day like a wed or Thurs for any ladies who can't ever make a Friday. That way everyone has a chance to catch up at least once a month and it would be a shame to exclude those who can't do Fridays!!! Just a thought!!
Yes sure, my thoughts exactly. The more faces the merrier and its a great way to meet people.

We did wednesday this week, organised to do friday next week. We could alternate every week and also do different venues if it suits.

Esther
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:47 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds good to me. I am up for different venues and also alternating days. I guess with venues we just need to make sure that there is stuff for the toddlers to do as it can be hard to entertain them once they get fully up and mobile. I know Erykah would not have sat still at the cafe this week had she been there and would have been up to no good. As long as we can get a drink and its easily accessable. I have not been to Roma Park but I hear that is quite a good place. Also New Farm Park is a good spot though it may not be good for certain areas.

I am sure I will have to sit a couple out once the baby comes along though I dont want to become homebound as I will go stir crazy. Maybe will feel more up for been at home once my stuff arrives as I am rattling around in a big house with next to no furniture.

Oh and I am gutted I am missing out on Abba!!!! But you know if I got a ticket I would be in the labour suite! Its sods law

Jo
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Happy to alternate as it means I don't have to permanently cancel other activities / playgroups I have committed to.

See you Friday
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

I definately agree with alternating every week and trying different venues but do agree it needs to be somewhere that the toddlers can't get up to too much trouble, I can't believe Olivia stayed at Poppys' for 2 hours without me having to chase after her up the street, believe me she has made up for it since!!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by liannems
I definately agree with alternating every week and trying different venues but do agree it needs to be somewhere that the toddlers can't get up to too much trouble, I can't believe Olivia stayed at Poppys' for 2 hours without me having to chase after her up the street, believe me she has made up for it since!!!
Know what you mean, it was miraculous. Believe it or Annabel is usually a nightmare, hence the endless supply of things to do that I brought with me. My little man Thomas is just as bad so entertainment is a must as long as there is a beach, play area or something to do, they are both pretty happy.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

wooley is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Hello all

I'm a 28 year old mum to 2 boys Henry 3 & Gus 10 months, I would love to meet up also, sounds like fun. We are in Wellington Point & have been here since June, moving from Camp Hill. We came across from the UK back in May last year.

Vicky
Old Sep 6th 2008, 11:43 pm
Pass The Post

Originally Posted by wooley
Hello all

I'm a 28 year old mum to 2 boys Henry 3 & Gus 10 months, I would love to meet up also, sounds like fun. We are in Wellington Point & have been here since June, moving from Camp Hill. We came across from the UK back in May last year.

Vicky
Vicky

I believe we are meeting on friday 12th Sept at 11am for a picnic at southbank. Then the kids can play on the sand etc... afterwards

I will get Est who organised to post an exact meet up point so you can spot us though it will be a group of women with pommie accents and a few pushchairs/prams

Be good to meet you the more the merrier

Jo
Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:58 am
Est
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joh117
Vicky

I believe we are meeting on friday 12th Sept at 11am for a picnic at southbank. Then the kids can play on the sand etc... afterwards

I will get Est who organised to post an exact meet up point so you can spot us though it will be a group of women with pommie accents and a few pushchairs/prams

Be good to meet you the more the merrier

Jo

We have arranged another meet for a picnic next friday (12 Sept) at the grassed area near the beach at southbank @ 11am.

Esther
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Est

Esther
I'll be coming along with Jo <waves to Jo!!>

My little guy will be the oldest - he's just turned four. I might bring my daugher along too, she is 16 months old.

Look forward to it.

Stella
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:33 am
Just Joined

wooley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Est

Esther
Brilliant, I am looking forward to meeting you all, I will only have Gus with me as Henry will be in kindy. See you all friday at 11am.

Vicky
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Hi all
Hope you don't mind me joining in! I'll come along with Vicky (and my son Alex who is 3). We've been here for just over a year and would love to meet more people!
Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.