British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Moving to Fremantle a week tomorrow- anyone fancy meeting up? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moving-fremantle-week-tomorrow-anyone-fancy-meeting-up-739408/)

ekp1974 Nov 19th 2011 12:23 pm

Moving to Fremantle a week tomorrow- anyone fancy meeting up?

Hi,
My name is Emma, I am 37 and am moving to Fremantle in just over a week with my husband and 2 kids (my son has just turned 5 and my daughter is 3 in a couple of weeks).We are from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.
My husband will be starting work 2 days after getting to Oz and as I have not even been to Oz at all, let alone Fremantle,you can imagine how I am bricking it at the moment!!! :eek:
If you are in that area and want to meet up in the first few weeks, that would be really nice.
Emma
:)

nicandgrae Nov 20th 2011 6:37 am

Re: Moving to Fremantle a week tomorrow- anyone fancy meeting up?

Hi Emma,

You will love Fremantle it is a great place.

I am 34 and have a two and a half year old boy. We don't live to far from Freo, so would love to meet up.

Send me a message when you are a bit settled and over the jet lag!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Nicky

ekp1974 Nov 20th 2011 7:03 am

Hi Nicky, I will give you a shout when we get out there. Thanks for the reply !
Emma

Originally Posted by nicandgrae (Post 9743554)
Hi Emma,

You will love Fremantle it is a great place.

I am 34 and have a two and a half year old boy. We don't live to far from Freo, so would love to meet up.

Send me a message when you are a bit settled and over the jet lag!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Nicky

kips Nov 29th 2011 3:26 pm

Gday and welcome to Oz - trust you have settled in well.

We are from Bradford - well I am originally, hubby a southerner. Been in Oz nearly 9 years but moved to WA in Sept this year from NSW for work.

Live just south of you in Baldivis, renting here but just bought a block of land and looking to build.

If you need any advice, help, as we're now old hands at being ex-pats, message us.

Kiran and Pete and Harry (aged 8):thumbup:

xJanex Feb 24th 2012 8:05 am

Hi Emma

Hope you have settled in well.

We moved over in October from County Durham, my little boy is 3 were in Mandurah but often go to south Beach & Park. Would be lovely to meet up some time drop me a PM if you ever fancie it

Take care x

Figment Apr 22nd 2012 9:28 am

Originally Posted by ekp1974 (Post 9742153)
Hi,
My name is Emma, I am 37 and am moving to Fremantle in just over a week with my husband and 2 kids (my son has just turned 5 and my daughter is 3 in a couple of weeks).We are from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.
My husband will be starting work 2 days after getting to Oz and as I have not even been to Oz at all, let alone Fremantle,you can imagine how I am bricking it at the moment!!! :eek:
If you are in that area and want to meet up in the first few weeks, that would be really nice.
Emma
:)

Hi Emma

I hope you have settled in the few months you have been here. I am just inland from fremantle, here with my hubby no children, got here a couple of weeks ahead of you (from Doncaster) during the heat wave.
I work during the week so only available at weekends and would probably have hubby in tow as he works from home and sees nobody during the day.
Any help i can be to you just give me a shout.