Reload this Page >

'Mates' Wanted, Brissy Northside

'Mates' Wanted, Brissy Northside

Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

liamandsaff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'Mates' Wanted, Brissy Northside

Hi there,
We (myself, husband and son 11yrs and daughter 10yrs), arrived 5 months ago from England via new zealand and france (there's definitely a book in there somewhere!). We are all nicely settled and loving our life in Warner (near Albany Creek, Cashmere, Eatons Hill, Strathpine), but missing out a bit on having people to call mates.
I'm not working at the moment and would love to catch up with anyone who fancies a walk, shop, natter and a laugh or coffee and cake. I'm very keen on cake.
Look forward to hearing from you
Saff
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Mates' Wanted, Brissy Northside

Originally Posted by liamandsaff
Hi there,
We (myself, husband and son 11yrs and daughter 10yrs), arrived 5 months ago from England via new zealand and france (there's definitely a book in there somewhere!). We are all nicely settled and loving our life in Warner (near Albany Creek, Cashmere, Eatons Hill, Strathpine), but missing out a bit on having people to call mates.
I'm not working at the moment and would love to catch up with anyone who fancies a walk, shop, natter and a laugh or coffee and cake. I'm very keen on cake.
Saff
When you get around to drinking alcohol,there is a few of us who meet in town every few weeks,good people and good banter
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

kids carer will become famous soon enoughkids carer will become famous soon enough

Hi, we are in albany creek and I am also not working and dont know many ppl I have just sent you a pm if you want to get in touch. Oh and I really like cake
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

hey kidscarer,
the system won't allow me to open my pm so can't see your message - bummer!
could you email it to me at my username at hotmail.com? I'm free on Friday if you fancy meeting up - maybe you know a good cake outlet?!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:57 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I can thoroughly recommend the apple & cinammon muffins at BB's :

http://www.bbscafe.com.au/bbs/stores...egion=Brisbane

Coffee is not bad too.

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hey kidscarer,
the system won't allow me to open my pm so can't see your message - bummer!
could you email it to me at my username at hotmail.com? I'm free on Friday if you fancy meeting up - maybe you know a good cake outlet?!
You can access your private messages now that you have three posts
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
When you get around to drinking alcohol,there is a few of us who meet in town every few weeks,good people and good banter
Hey Brenieboy - like the sound of a meet up AND alcohol - could be competing for cake!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asprilla
I can thoroughly recommend the apple & cinammon muffins at BB's :

http://www.bbscafe.com.au/bbs/stores...egion=Brisbane

Coffee is not bad too.

Thanks for the cake info Asprilla - i am interested in other things too.....honest!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:20 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Brenieboy - like the sound of a meet up AND alcohol - could be competing for cake!

We used to haunt Gilhooley's in the CBD but are now giving the Victory Hotel http://www.thevictory.com.au/default.asp a try. We usually do Tuesday nights, but are looking at giving Thursday night a look as it is their kareoke night. It is about 10 min walk from King George Square bus interchange, and not much further from Central Station.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jul 22nd 2009 at 10:22 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

If you're into camping there's a few of us who do that quite regularly Next trip is September which will involve all of us on site 24-26th and a couple of days either side for some folks .You're more than welcome to join us There's mainly family amongs us with kids ranging from 7-15 boys and 6 -13 girls.Adults range in age from mid 30s to mid 40's and me Next trip is to Bundaberg whcih should be warmer than down here.Fellow travellers from your region would be Dayboro ,Morayfield, Eaton's Hill, Kurwongbah.

Last edited by bobbyftm; Jul 22nd 2009 at 10:31 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Madster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, sorry for crashing in on your night out, but read it with interest cos I noticed you only been there for 5 months and like you said not made any real friends, so on that note I was curious as to how easy it is to meet people in Brissie? Reason I ask is that we have been in Vic for two years now, and now finally have the option of going to Brissie, and although some friends who have been there, say go for it, (aussie friends who have lived there loved it), however some other friends are saying it is very insulate compared to here in Vic, ie they say the brisseis keep them selfes to themselfes and it is very hard to make friends, did you find that?

In two minds, love it here, well everthing but the climate, have made friends etc, was quite easy as eldest started school etc etc, but would happily start all over for the right place to be. Feels like we have given up alot to settle for second best.

Will def meet up for a coffee or something heavier when we/I come for a reccie, and by then you will prob know all the good places
Cheers
Madster
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Saff
We're not far from you, We live in Bray Park unfortunately I work during the week so have to eat cake at my desk! but evenings and weekends are ok for me. There's me, husband, one year old boy and a bun in the oven. Maybe when it's a bit bloody warmer we could have a barbie or something.

I might look into that camping trip as well Bobby...
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:21 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
If you're into camping there's a few of us who do that quite regularly Next trip is September which will involve all of us on site 24-26th and a couple of days either side for some folks .You're more than welcome to join us There's mainly family amongs us with kids ranging from 7-15 boys and 6 -13 girls.Adults range in age from mid 30s to mid 40's and me Next trip is to Bundaberg whcih should be warmer than down here.Fellow travellers from your region would be Dayboro ,Morayfield, Eaton's Hill, Kurwongbah.
Can't make 26th which is actually my big 45 this year!!! But I really enjoyed hearing about your camping trips from you and Linda so Andy and I would love to be able to join in sometime in future, if you can extend the invitation to people out of state!

I can also vouch for the Brisbane drinks night - informal and a good laugh.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Cheers bobby i'll look forward to that
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
We're not far from you, We live in Bray Park unfortunately I work during the week so have to eat cake at my desk! but evenings and weekends are ok for me. There's me, husband, one year old boy and a bun in the oven. Maybe when it's a bit bloody warmer we could have a barbie or something.

I might look into that camping trip as well Bobby...
That'd be cool Loiuise if ya need any info just give me a shout and i'd be glad to help
Originally Posted by Sandra
Can't make 26th which is actually my big 45 this year!!! But I really enjoyed hearing about your camping trips from you and Linda so Andy and I would love to be able to join in sometime in future, if you can extend the invitation to people out of state!

You 2 are more than welcome to share our tent anytime .Maybe our house soon as well if things go to plan

I can also vouch for the Brisbane drinks night - informal and a good laugh.
You 2 are more than welcome to share our tent anytime .Maybe our house soon as well if things go to plan

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Cheers bobby i'll look forward to that
You too bugge rlugs C ya Sunday ps Dont forget the clubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.