Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manchester meet 10th DEC - any takers?

View Poll Results: Do you want the meet to be on Sat 9th or Sun 10th. we will go with majority
Saturday 9th
60.00%
Sunday 10th
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Manchester meet 10th DEC - any takers?

Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:57 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester meet 9th DEC

Thread title - date changed at OPs request.

Mod.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:58 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester meet 10th DEC - any takers?

Thread title - date changed at OPs request.

Mod.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issie
Sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone by my post....especially two little ones ...it was truelly meant as a joke.

Cheers for that - as they say in Oz "no worries". As Everton supporters we're usually the butt of jokes (before anyone else says it )

Is it Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th? Or are we in a different week now? Let me know if anyone is taking kids - could always leave ours at home!

Please tell me I've posted this on the right thread?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:14 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester meet Saturday 9th DEC - any takers?

I am just outside Liverpool......don't really mind about venues. I think any part of Manchester will be busy on that day.
Do you mean the 16th ?
i did yes, a bit close to xmas that.

on reflection town will be busy any saturday, but wetherspoons dont have big screens so it shouold be fine for the 9th Dcember

al
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:40 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Sat 9th Dec anyone fancy it?
Weatherspoons on piccadilly gardens
Its big and quiet enough to have a chat

6.30pm-7.30pm as it wont be rammed and early enough for people to eat out/in the pub and have a meet and early enough for people with kids(no babysitter) to get back early enough shoul;d they need.
there is a good array of bars in the norther quarter after should you wish(3 minute walk to the cool part of the city for bars etc), and best of all its across from the piccadilly bus station, tram stop and 2 minutes walk from manchester piccadilly railway station, so is really easy to get to from all angles.
If you want to stay over there is malmaison, the brittannia and the midland.
The brittania is pretty cheap if booked in advance
Tell me other dates as its flexible and we will go with the majority

al
Saturday 9th, more people have said yes to that and i am fine as the pubs will have cleared as the match is on at 12.45pm and wetherspoons has no big screens and is cheap food and drink

hope this suits. Say aye to this definate date and time.

al
Old Nov 9th 2006, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manchester meet Sunday 10th DEC - any takers?

Fine by me then...what about you Mindblower?

Any later and people are going to busy with Christmas nigts out and shopping

Count me in please.

Dave
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:30 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
Count me in please.

Dave
So is it the 9th or the 10th
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:32 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Quote:
Sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone by my post....especially two little ones ...it was truelly meant as a joke.

Cheers for that - as they say in Oz "no worries". As Everton supporters we're usually the butt of jokes (before anyone else says it )

Is it Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th? Or are we in a different week now? Let me know if anyone is taking kids - could always leave ours at home!

Please tell me I've posted this on the right thread?
I have an 8 year old daughter and a 6 year old son .....may bring them depending on how many others bring their kiddies
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:35 pm
Banned

So is it the 9th or the 10th
On the 9th everyone agreed?

yes.
ok on the 9th Saturday at 7ish in the pub

al
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:04 am
Banned

I have an 8 year old daughter and a 6 year old son .....may bring them depending on how many others bring their kiddies
##

other people are bringing kids, the more the merrier

ill be merry anyhow

al
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

##

other people are bringing kids, the more the merrier

ill be merry anyhow

al
If we get chance, we may pop in, but we fly out on the 11th so may be busy getting told 'not to go' and 'how can you leave' by the parents.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by simpy
If we get chance, we may pop in, but we fly out on the 11th so may be busy getting told 'not to go' and 'how can you leave' by the parents.
hope you can, the meet is now on
Sat 9th dec at 7pm

Not the 10th as post shows
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:02 pm

hope you can, the meet is now on
Sat 9th dec at 7pm

Not the 10th as post shows
Bump
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:46 pm
Banned

Bump
we are using the other thread too for northwest meet.

list so far is

True blue toffee
mindblower
issie
alkristensen
chippy
Cathnpaul

and kids etc

Missed anyone?

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Nov 14th 2006 at 9:55 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:56 pm
Banned

we are using the other thread too for northwest meet.

list so far is

True blue toffee
mindblower
issie
alkristensen
chippy
Cathnpaul

and kids etc

Missed anyone?

al
ill email mrs jfw and angela marie and see if they are free to

al