Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manchester meet 10th DEC - any takers?

View Poll Results: Do you want the meet to be on Sat 9th or Sun 10th. we will go with majority
Saturday 9th
60.00%
Sunday 10th
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Manchester meet 10th DEC - any takers?

Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:35 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester meet 10th DEC - any takers?

Sat 9th Dec anyone fancy it?
Weatherspoons on piccadilly gardens
Its big and quiet enough to have a chat

6.30pm-7.30pm as it wont be rammed and early enough for people to eat out/in the pub and have a meet and early enough for people with kids(no babysitter) to get back early enough shoul;d they need.
there is a good array of bars in the norther quarter after should you wish(3 minute walk to the cool part of the city for bars etc), and best of all its across from the piccadilly bus station, tram stop and 2 minutes walk from manchester piccadilly railway station, so is really easy to get to from all angles.
If you want to stay over there is malmaison, the brittannia and the midland.
The brittania is pretty cheap if booked in advance

Who is in? Say i. This will get moved to meet up page soon so have your say now
Tell me other dates as its flexible and we will go with the majority

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Nov 9th 2006 at 1:29 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:35 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester meet 10th DEC - any takers?

6.30pm-7.30pm as it wont be rammed and early enough for people to eat out/in the pub and have a meet and early enough for people with kids(no babysitter) to get back early enough shoul;d they need.
there is a good array of bars in the norther quarter after should you wish(3 minute walk to the cool part of the city for bars etc), and best of all its across from the piccadilly bus station, tram stop and 2 minutes walk from manchester piccadilly railway station, so is really easy to get to from all angles.

al

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Nov 9th 2006 at 12:42 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:41 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Manchester meet 9th DEC, mods,can i have this on here for a dayor2 to set it up pls

I've copied it (not moved it) into the meet-ups section. I'll close this version in a couple of days by merging the two.

Hows that for a compromise?

Buzzy
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:43 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Manchester meet 9th DEC

Originally Posted by alkristensen
If you want to stay over there is malmaison,
Malmaison recommended - have stayed there loads of times, Mrs Buzzy used to be PA to the group Chairman.

Buzzy
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:45 pm
Banned

Default Re: Manchester meet 9th DEC, mods,can i have this on here for a dayor2 to set it up pls

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I've copied it (not moved it) into the meet-ups section. I'll close this version in a couple of days by merging the two.

Hows that for a compromise?

Buzzy
Perfect cheers, as from my experience i dont go straight into meet-ups and pop in there from time to time but come to lifestyles first EVERY time. Just thought as it was weekend more people may see it in this one in lifestyles and then follow it tomeet ups later. .

Are you able to cheange the title too as a mod? if so id just like Manchester Meet 9th December, any takers.

Thanks alot

alk

al
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:48 pm
Banned

Default Re: Manchester meet 9th DEC

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Malmaison recommended - have stayed there loads of times, Mrs Buzzy used to be PA to the group Chairman.

Buzzy
Ive stayed there and the brittannia and recommend both.

There are a few out of town(one in rusholme for about 20-30 quid a niight b+b).There are buses every 2 minutes.

Or you could stay in a airport hotel(parking free) and get the train into town from airport 12 minutes straight to picallilly and 3 minutes walk to picallilly gardens where the pub is.

al
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:48 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Manchester meet 9th DEC, mods,can i have this on here for a dayor2 to set it up pls

Are you able to cheange the title too as a mod? if so id just like Manchester Meet 9th December, any takers.
Done.

Buzzy
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:21 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester meet 9th DEC - any takers?

Who is in? Say i. This will get moved to meet up page soon so have your say now

al

Hi Al

Count me in......may bring my little ones too.....just depends how many kiddies there will be.

D x
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:28 pm
Banned

Default Re: Manchester meet Sunday 10th DEC - any takers?

Originally Posted by Issie
Hi Al

Count me in......may bring my little ones too.....just depends how many kiddies there will be.

D x
No prob, i have just rung them and they said that kids were allowed in if meals were purchased and for the duration of the meal. I think on the day if there are 10 - 15 people maybe more getting food and beer and whatever then they wont turn us away

Click here for deatail of pub and how to get there etc.

They usually do 2 for 1 meals(dunno on sat though) and the beer is well cheap.

Have just realised the manchester derby is on that day. Town will be heaving. Anyone fancy the sunday?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:34 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

No prob, i have just rung them and they said that kids were allowed in if meals were purchased and for the duration of the meal. I think on the day if there are 10 - 15 people maybe more getting food and beer and whatever then they wont turn us away

Click here for deatail of pub and how to get there etc.

They usually do 2 for 1 meals(dunno on sat though) and the beer is well cheap.

Have just realised the manchester derby is on that day. Town will be heaving. Anyone fancy the sunday?
I am working all day on the Sunday ......but if you need to change it go a head. Is there any other venues we could meet? Are you in Manchester?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:37 pm
Banned

I am in manchester where are you?

dont mind changing venues or dates

15th is good for me on the saturday, same venue

al
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[
al[/QUOTE]

Coun't me in! i'm stressed with all this at the moment !! good to talk to people.

Dave
Oldham
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:46 pm

I am in manchester where are you?

dont mind changing venues or dates

15th is good for me on the saturday, same venue

al
I am just outside Liverpool......don't really mind about venues. I think any part of Manchester will be busy on that day. Wham about just outside Manchester....maybe Altrincham ??? what do you think?

Do you mean the 16th ?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Issie
I am working all day on the Sunday ......but if you need to change it go a head. Is there any other venues we could meet? Are you in Manchester?
itll be fine for me, the game is on ast 12.45 so town should be clear at 7pm as most people will have gone back to london, bournemouth(utd fans) and council estates in wythenshawe and stretford(city fans) by then lol

I was just thinking of other people, but 9th is a good date i think.

al
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:48 pm

itll be fine for me, the game is on ast 12.45 so town should be clear at 7pm as most people will have gone back to london, bournemouth(utd fans) and council estates in wythenshawe and stretford(city fans) by then lol

I was just thinking of other people, but 9th is a good date i think.

al
Fine by me then...what about you Mindblower?

Any later and people are going to busy with Christmas nigts out and shopping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.