Reload this Page >

looking to meet families in rocko & surrounds

looking to meet families in rocko & surrounds

Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road
Default looking to meet families in rocko & surrounds

hi everyone

we finally made the move here on 9th feb early early days i know . we are in warnbro at min while we look for long term rental in safety bay/waikik or baldivis area

ayway me and the kids, 3 boys aged 10, 6 and 14 months, are feeling very isolated and very homesick, hubbie isnt homesick tho

we would love to meet some like minded people who understand how rough it is for the first few weeks and who we can make a good friendship with, im thinking family beach, barbies/picnics. hubby plays golf likes beer i like a drop of vino.

anyway if you would like to catch up with us we would love to make some friends

please pm me

hope to have some takers

dave and marie
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice
Default Re: looking to meet families in rocko & surrounds

I can vouch for these lovely people. Wish I was there to support you through this bit. You'll get there, it will just take time. Hope someone living nearby takes you up on a meet up, I'll be there in 6 months!!! Xx
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

Hi Marie, we are hoping to get over in the next three months, our children are aged 7 (girl), 5 and 2 (boys), your description - golf, beer, vino, family beach/bbq/picnic sounds just right, we'll be looking forward to join you!
I will be in touch when we finally get a date. I hope you get some responses from others who are already out there soon, I am dreading those first few weeks of homesickness! Good luck with everything!
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ianandmel
Hi Marie, we are hoping to get over in the next three months, our children are aged 7 (girl), 5 and 2 (boys), your description - golf, beer, vino, family beach/bbq/picnic sounds just right, we'll be looking forward to join you!
I will be in touch when we finally get a date. I hope you get some responses from others who are already out there soon, I am dreading those first few weeks of homesickness! Good luck with everything!
so nice for the reply, pm me & i will give my contact details

hope the move goes smoothly for you all

msrie xx
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Holly for all your support means the world xxx
Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Hi Marie, we are in Baldivis if you fancy meeting somewhere. I have a six year old daughter. I work a lot of the time so let me know when you're free and we can arrange something.

Vicky
Old Feb 17th 2012, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Hi Marie, we are in Baldivis if you fancy meeting somewhere. I have a six year old daughter. I work a lot of the time so let me know when you're free and we can arrange something.

Vicky
aww brill have pm you

marie x
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Spenmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marie
Check out the Buggybuddys website. It's a FREE Perth based website that was set up in July last year by 2 British expats (who actually met each other on this site) who had moved over here with young families and realised the quicker you made friends the easier it is to feel settled! I've made lots of lovely friends through the site. The website's focus is 'helping families find friends' and it is great as you can search for other members in your area with the same aged kids. Members can arrange their own meet-ups and create their own groups and Buggybuddys themselves run 3-5 meet-ups a week. The also have a great events calendar where you can find all the family events that are taking place around Perth and there is info on your local library, toy library and family friendly restaurants.
Good luck with settling in to life in Perth. It's a great place to be once you get into the swing of things!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spenmac
Hi Marie
Check out the Buggybuddys website. It's a FREE Perth based website that was set up in July last year by 2 British expats (who actually met each other on this site) who had moved over here with young families and realised the quicker you made friends the easier it is to feel settled! I've made lots of lovely friends through the site. The website's focus is 'helping families find friends' and it is great as you can search for other members in your area with the same aged kids. Members can arrange their own meet-ups and create their own groups and Buggybuddys themselves run 3-5 meet-ups a week. The also have a great events calendar where you can find all the family events that are taking place around Perth and there is info on your local library, toy library and family friendly restaurants.
Good luck with settling in to life in Perth. It's a great place to be once you get into the swing of things!
thanks very much will take a look

marie
Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Hi

We will be making the move in about 6 months to Baldivis. Have 2 girls who will be 9 and 6 by then, so maybe we can hook up when there too?

In the meantime, good luck to you all !
Old Feb 19th 2012, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

sounds great keep in contact

marie