Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Leeds Meet Nov/earlyDec

Hi looking at the calender and the only dates I can see that my be remotely posssible are the 10th or 11th December, other than that would be into January - post christmas bash maybe 14th January - we all need cheering up then (sorry trying to fit in both mine and andys off duty - Nurses!). Well any thoughts let me know and keep the post bumped up!

Lindsey
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi looking at the calender and the only dates I can see that my be remotely posssible are the 10th or 11th December, other than that would be into January - post christmas bash maybe 14th January - we all need cheering up then (sorry trying to fit in both mine and andys off duty - Nurses!). Well any thoughts let me know and keep the post bumped up!

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey
Any of those dates are ok for us so we'll keep reading
Sue
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nurselindsey

Lindsey
Unfortunately neither of those dates are possible for us as we don't arrive in UK till the 11th Dec and we fly back to Brisbane on 9th January.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
Unfortunately neither of those dates are possible for us as we don't arrive in UK till the 11th Dec and we fly back to Brisbane on 9th January.
January would be better for me, perhaps we could look at a little earlier in January so that Mand8002 can make it too?

Tracey
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Would the 7th January suit anybody, as that is just after we return from Eurodisney but just before we return to Brisbane. Sorry to be such a nuisance.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
Would the 7th January suit anybody, as that is just after we return from Eurodisney but just before we return to Brisbane. Sorry to be such a nuisance.
That would be fine with me, what about everybody else?

I am going to make a weekend of it. Have chatted to the kids and they love the look of Xscape so we are goiing to book into a hotel spend the day at Xscape, then I will go out for the evening with whoever is going along while the kids stay in the hotel. Then the next day we are going bakc to Xscape for the day before trundling home. Looking forward to it.

Tracey
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about

Me and the Mrs might be able to come , I'll keep my eye on your dates and let you know .
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there, sorry I haven't posted over the weekend - had the dreaded lurgy!!! Checked the old diary and yes January 7th is good for us too. If anyone is interested in meeting in December see earlier message then we could do that also - maybe a christmas bash - could be the last one in Blighty for some of us! Please let me know as it would be lovely to catch up with those of you from the last Leeds meet (and anyone else who fancies coming!).

Lindsey and all the rest of the infected Moore family
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Hi all, 7th Jan will probably be ok with us but wont know until nearer the time cos of shifts. Will keep an eye on things cos we'd love to come.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracey.d
That would be fine with me, what about everybody else?

I am going to make a weekend of it. Have chatted to the kids and they love the look of Xscape so we are goiing to book into a hotel spend the day at Xscape, then I will go out for the evening with whoever is going along while the kids stay in the hotel. Then the next day we are going bakc to Xscape for the day before trundling home. Looking forward to it.

Tracey
Just to let you know xscape a big complex next to a freeport believe there is a travel lodge there also. There is a bowling alley and cinema if kids need entertaining in evening. Hope this helps, Nicky
Old Oct 10th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leechy100
Just to let you know xscape a big complex next to a freeport believe there is a travel lodge there also. There is a bowling alley and cinema if kids need entertaining in evening. Hope this helps, Nicky

Thanks. Have had a look on the website. Looks fantastic. Could be an expensive day out with a couple of kids but it is somewhere I had recently found out about and fancied taking them to. January therefore would be loads better for me (financially ). I could make a weekend of it then. There is a travelodge so will probably stay there.

Tracey
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Thanks. Have had a look on the website. Looks fantastic. Could be an expensive day out with a couple of kids but it is somewhere I had recently found out about and fancied taking them to. January therefore would be loads better for me (financially ). I could make a weekend of it then. There is a travelodge so will probably stay there.

Tracey
Xscape is very good, but expensive. We took ours before we moved to Australia and will probably pay it a visit whilst we are back. There is lots to do there and I am sure your kids will love it.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:21 am
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

I would say

for those of you planning to take the kids to xscape during the day make sure you book the activities before hand as they get booked up real early.

1st time we went we didn't realise and even though we were there at 9.30am there was no availability free for the wall or the zip ride above it (not sure what it's called) for the whole day. Had to make do with ski ing and tobogganing.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jjj
I would say

for those of you planning to take the kids to xscape during the day make sure you book the activities before hand as they get booked up real early.

1st time we went we didn't realise and even though we were there at 9.30am there was no availability free for the wall or the zip ride above it (not sure what it's called) for the whole day. Had to make do with ski ing and tobogganing.
Thanks for that. Will get some stuff booked as soon as we have a date

Tracey
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Robbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura about

Hi NurseLindsey-

we would love to come to your next meet at Xscape. We came to the one you organised at The White Rose and we had a good time. December or January should be okay. Let us know nearer the time and we will do our best to be there. There you go 12 months reading only and you've shamed us in to contributing !!! :scared:
Robbie Boy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.