Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

View Poll Results: Lancs meet: Where would you like the next one
The Harvester in bolton was great id go there again
36.36%
Somewhere near but with better facilities( say your needs in a post)
18.18%
Manchester
18.18%
Ill just go wherever in Lancs or Manc.
63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:17 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

After daunteds initial enquiry and me and cath butting in and taking over i hope the last meet went really well.

I couldnt attend as i was just going to bed 1 hr before the meet started after being an usher and dj at my best mates wedding and Cathnpaul not being able to fly had to wait for a jet to get them from Ireland to Bolton on the morning on time.

This left GaryVFR8 in charge and from what i hear was a great asset

The thing is me and cathnpaul are off very soon. Cath June 24th and Im off 17th August so this is the last one we will organise. Hope we get the same attendance as the last one in bolton at the Reebok Stadium as there were over 50 people from the list we compiled.

Was it a good venue or not.
What could be improved for the next location if not.

Most people were from preston and manchester area with a fw from cheshire and mersyside.

I picked the bolton venue for central location but apparently there wasnt enough for kids to do is this correct or does it not matter.

Thoughts please and get your names down for the meet and then we will go with the majority or somewhere in the middle again if there are people frm everywhere.

I will name a venue and location on May 1st so get your name down now with where you are heading in oz, where you live now and what stage of visa process you are at, i.e. TRA or visa application,meds, C.O. or already got so we can get a good list like the last one.
Also what job you got in with as i may start a co-operative over there LOL
So far

Al kristensen Clare:Sydney or Brisbane August 07 With Visa (barber)
CathnPaul : Brisbane (sunshine coast) June 07 With Visa(dunno!)

roll up roll up. venue tba

al
Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:44 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Hi Al,
Me and Vikky will go anywhere. Looking forward to meeting up with some nice people again.
We have allready got my visa(Spouse visa) and we are heading off to Karoola in Tasmania. We have booked flights all we need to do now is sort out the shipping!!!! Jobwise I'm not sure yet. Looked at mabye getting a job in a travel agent if possible. If not I'll go for driving or working in a logistics firm. Vikky will probably end up back in the banks call centre.
Can't wait for June 2nd see you all soon.
Gary and Vikky
PS I can't be working Ive got the week off!!!!!!

PPS, Read the next forum!!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...57#post4639957

Last edited by GaryVFR8; Apr 14th 2007 at 5:03 am. Reason: To add national details
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi Al,
Me and Vikky will go anywhere. Looking forward to meeting up with some nice people again.
We have allready got my visa(Spouse visa) and we are heading off to Karoola in Tasmania. We have booked flights all we need to do now is sort out the shipping!!!! Jobwise I'm not sure yet. Looked at mabye getting a job in a travel agent if possible. If not I'll go for driving or working in a logistics firm. Vikky will probably end up back in the banks call centre.
Can't wait for June 2nd see you all soon.
Gary and Vikky
PS I can't be working Ive got the week off!!!!!!

PPS, Read the next forum!!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...57#post4639957
Gary and Vikky

Why does that not surprise us????????

Not sure we can make the next meet, will post a little closer to the time.

Good luck at the National - we'll be going out for the day, as Aintree is only down the road we want to be as far away as possible, traffic will be a mare!

Di x

PS: Why are you up at 5.44am? - you've got your visa, no need to check emails!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:41 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Gary and Vikky

Good luck at the National - we'll be going out for the day, as Aintree is only down the road we want to be as far away as possible, traffic will be a mare!

Di x

Got a cold and I was coughing really bad didn't want to spoil Vikky's sleep.
Also been at work at this time all week so suppose body clock thinks it's time to get up!!!!
What is your reason for being up so early??

Gary and Vikky
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Gary and Vikky

Di x

Gooden Alk - bloody poll?? now we are taking organisation to another level now mate. haha. I also agree - I had heard about Gary too - brilliant stuff mate - really appreciated. You did an excellent job from what has been said. Thank you.

Get yourself dosed up today Gary - would have love to have gone to the national. Just popping out for a paper to get the bets ready for Paul later.

Here we go with the list:
CathnPaul : Brisbane (sunshine coast) June 07 With Visa (139)
GaryVRF8 - Gary and vikky (tasmania) Oct/Nov 07 with visa (spouse)
TrueBlueToffee - (victoria) Feb applicants (STNI 137)

Last edited by CathnPaul; Apr 14th 2007 at 6:00 am.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Got a cold and I was coughing really bad didn't want to spoil Vikky's sleep.
Also been at work at this time all week so suppose body clock thinks it's time to get up!!!!
What is your reason for being up so early??

Gary and Vikky

Kids........... can't get them up on a school day, but at the weekend CITV seems to have some powers that unfortunately I don't!

I do normally check our emails each morning but, being the weekend there won't be any progress on our application anyway. I know nothing will happen for a few months, but I just like to check anyway!!!!!

Di x
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:29 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

We will be going on 2nd June :

Louise, Andy, 2 boys 8 & 6 (Brisbane), OH got Spouse Visa, Job - ? Sales

I enjoyed the venue, agree not a lot for kids, but the weather was good and the kids had a good runabout outside. If anyone more local knows of a pub with an outside play area that would be good, sorry I'm not that familiar with the area.

Cheers, see you on the 2nd, looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise
Hi All

We will be going on 2nd June :

Louise, Andy, 2 boys 8 & 6 (Brisbane), OH got Spouse Visa, Job - ? Sales

I enjoyed the venue, agree not a lot for kids, but the weather was good and the kids had a good runabout outside. If anyone more local knows of a pub with an outside play area that would be good, sorry I'm not that familiar with the area.

Cheers, see you on the 2nd, looking forward to seeing everyone.
TrueBlueToffee - (victoria) Feb applicants (STNI 137)
Louise - Louise, Andy, 2 boys 8 & 6 (Brisbane), OH got Spouse Visa, Job - ? Sales
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Claire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really nice

Hello all,

We wouldn't mind coming to the next meet, we've just sent off the skills assesment for my wife who's a nurse. We're looking to go to Adelaide, (for now but this seems to change every month ) It would be good to chat to other people and maybe get some advice.
We live in Bolton but are happy to travel anywhere really.
The OH's just got in from a night shift so I'll have to confirm she's not going to be working when she gets up, but it shouldn't be a problem, its far enough in advance.

Hope to see you all there.

Dave

P.S. Can everyone keep their fingers crossed at 1pm, we've got a viewing on the house, hope they buy it!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Claire and Dave
Hello all,

We wouldn't mind coming to the next meet, we've just sent off the skills assesment for my wife who's a nurse. We're looking to go to Adelaide, (for now but this seems to change every month ) It would be good to chat to other people and maybe get some advice.
We live in Bolton but are happy to travel anywhere really.
The OH's just got in from a night shift so I'll have to confirm she's not going to be working when she gets up, but it shouldn't be a problem, its far enough in advance.

Hope to see you all there.

Dave

P.S. Can everyone keep their fingers crossed at 1pm, we've got a viewing on the house, hope they buy it!
Good luck with the viewing mate. x

TrueBlueToffee - (victoria) Feb applicants (STNI 137-teachers)
Louise - Louise, Andy, 2 boys 8 & 6 (Brisbane), OH got Spouse Visa, Job - ? Sales
Claire and Dave (adelaide) skill assessment stage (nurse - 136modl)

Last edited by CathnPaul; Apr 14th 2007 at 7:59 am.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Claire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really nice

Sorry forgot about the visa.
It will be the 136 MODL.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Good luck with the viewing mate. x

TrueBlueToffee - (Melbourne) Feb applicants (STNI 137) 2 boys - 9 and 6
Claire and Dave (adelaide) skill assessment stage (nurse) - what visa will it be??
Hi Cath

Have to agree with Louise, the venue was great, IF the weather is good. Don't think we'd have been welcome if it was raining and the kids were running around inside!

The daytime meet was better than the last evening meet, no baby-sitters!!!!

You must be soooooooooo excited, not long until June!

C u soon.

Di x
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Cath

Have to agree with Louise, the venue was great, IF the weather is good. Don't think we'd have been welcome if it was raining and the kids were running around inside!

The daytime meet was better than the last evening meet, no baby-sitters!!!!

You must be soooooooooo excited, not long until June!

C u soon.

Di x
Hi Di - not really excited, it just feels like we are moving house to be honest. Its really bizzare. I think work have spoilt it for me by mithering me so much about if am scared or excited etc. Dont think its hit me yet either. Looking forward to catching up with everyone though - was well gutted that missed the last one. Unfortunately Gary got my full wrath when i told him what happened,bless him. Too long a story to explain.

Last edited by CathnPaul; Apr 14th 2007 at 8:03 am.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:12 am
Karoola!!!!!!

I can understand what people were saying about children. Food was good at the harvister! But like I said I don't mind the venue. If it's a night do I might look at stopping over nearby. So its upto Big Al on May 1st, (Are SKY or BBC going to show the annoucment of the venue live???? )
Take care everybody and will see you soon.
Gary and Vikky

PS Hope Bushpig won't be there as I hope they would of got there VISA, Vikky's had a word with little Jonny boy for you Steve and JO

Last edited by GaryVFR8; Apr 14th 2007 at 9:29 am.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

If your looking for somewhere for kids there is a pub with a wacky warehouse just past the Reebok. Now, I'm not a big fan of these places and I've never been in this pub, but thats probably because we've no kids!

Gary if your looking for somewhere to stay there's a premier travel inn just opposite. They charge £51 for a double room for the night, I've had a quick look and they've got availability as well.
If you want to splash out there's always the De-Vere hotel at the Reebok but thats a bit pricey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.