Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

View Poll Results: where would you like the next sydney meet to be?
Balmoral Beach
65.52%
Centennial Park
41.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

Old Mar 14th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I think its time we had another Sydney meet !

Originally Posted by Sattman
Hi All,

We (Me, JoConnolly1 and Abigail-18mths) arrived here three weeks ago and are planning on coming to the meet. We've got a place in North Sydney at the moment, but only until our stuff arrives from home.

Can anyone confirm that it is Saturday (not Sunday) and that we are all meeting at noon at the car park ?

Thanks

Martin
Great - we have a daughter who's 19 months old and will love having someone there her age.

The car park is pretty big so maybe its best to pick somewhere more specific? That way people will be able to turn up what ever time they arrive and will be able find us all. Plus it gets v. busy and the Aussies get there pretty early to nab a spot so at noon there won't be any tables etc left (unless it rains!). At the last meet we met on the grassy reserve under the trees by the edge of the beach, in line with the middle of the carpark and to the right of the childrens playground. Does that work with people?

Soapy took a Scottish towel and whilst I can't replicate that I will take our very bright rug with blue, white, red and yellow stripes. Also several green canvas chairs.

As to facilities. There are bathrooms and a small kiosk selling drinks and snacks by the childrens playground. There's also a couple of good cafes nearby that sell sandwiches, salads and a fish and chip shop. There aren't any BBQs. As I said the competition for tables is fierce so if you have folding table/chairs I'd bring them.

Final tip - the carpark costs over $10 for the day (can't remember the exact amount) so bring lots of coins or park on a side street.

Can you tell I've been there a lot! Its a great spot and the weather is supposed to be lovely so it should be a lovely day.

I am really looking forward to meeting you all!
Old Mar 14th 2006, 9:02 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
hi gang,
just to let u know, we wont be at the sydney meet. we will have moved north by then.
theres plenty going to the meet and its still same time same place
i want loads of photos so we can see what we have missed.
we hope u all have a great time and we will miss u all.
Soapy

Have just picked up on this - good bye to you (again!)

Thank you for organising the meets which we haven't yet been able to get to - that includes this Saturday - as we have our old neighbours from UK with us then - and they're coming up from Cremorne - just round the corner from Balmoral Beach !!

Maybe one day....

Jim
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

scotland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Soapy

Have just picked up on this - good bye to you (again!)

Thank you for organising the meets which we haven't yet been able to get to - that includes this Saturday - as we have our old neighbours from UK with us then - and they're coming up from Cremorne - just round the corner from Balmoral Beach !!

Maybe one day....

Jim
I want to go to the next meet up. Hopefully in eastern suburbs. Please let me know where and when.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

scotland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scotland
I want to go to the next meet up. Hopefully in eastern suburbs. Please let me know where and when.

Just found out you had one tomorrow. When is the next??
Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:49 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Good to meet everyone yesterday weather good and not too crowded. Not as many turned up as expected but good to chat all the same - missed you Soapy!!!! It is a bit of a journey over that side of the town perhaps the next one can be at the centennial Gardens again and rin g the changes?
Old Mar 19th 2006, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

gavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant future

Aaagh! I only just found this today, we'd have gone along yesterday if we'd known. We've been here three weeks but haven't been on-line at all till today. We nearly went to Balmoral yesterday but went to Dee Why instead.

Anyone planning another one soon?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gavinrobertson
Aaagh! I only just found this today, we'd have gone along yesterday if we'd known. We've been here three weeks but haven't been on-line at all till today. We nearly went to Balmoral yesterday but went to Dee Why instead.

Anyone planning another one soon?
Sorry we didn't make it on Saturday, we had intended to but Quarantine finally decided to release our furniture and it turned up Friday so the weekend was spent unpacking and trying to restore order to the chaos that arrived when our furniture did.

Hopefully we will make the next one.

Debs
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yafm
It is a bit of a journey over that side of the town perhaps the next one can be at the centennial Gardens again and rin g the changes?
pick a date then and get the next one up and running lol
so how many turned up?