Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canberra meet up

Canberra meet up

Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:34 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canberra meet up

house offer accepted so we will be there around same time so stay in touch.Where u from?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
Have'nt posted for a little while so thought i,d say hello again, still keeping my fingers crossed that will be in canberra for christmas. (All those all ready there do any of you shop at Fyshwick market and is it cheaper/ better than the supermarkets.)

Hi,

sometimes shop there and also Belconnen fresh fruit market. Both reasonable but if you go late in the day on a Sunday you can pick up some real bargains.

Sarah
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sasbear
Hi,

sometimes shop there and also Belconnen fresh fruit market. Both reasonable but if you go late in the day on a Sunday you can pick up some real bargains.

Sarah
Hi Sarah, are there other markets around or farm shops and the like, as i would really like to get away from supermarket shopping. Cheers Emma (BLACKCAT)
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
Hi Sarah, are there other markets around or farm shops and the like, as i would really like to get away from supermarket shopping. Cheers Emma (BLACKCAT)
Yeah there are a few farmers markets around - one at the exhibition centre on Northbourne that I have been to.

I think you will find it hard in general to get away from supermarket shopping tho - the markets are good for the veggies and fruit and some deli items meat and fish, but not for much else.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Yeah there are a few farmers markets around - one at the exhibition centre on Northbourne that I have been to.

I think you will find it hard in general to get away from supermarket shopping tho - the markets are good for the veggies and fruit and some deli items meat and fish, but not for much else.
Thanks, nice to have a bit of an option, never really thought i could get away from it completely!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:40 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll be up for a meet definately, August or September??? Whichever/ Where ever??

I'm supposed to be on all homes looking for rentals not on this site!

Arrived 4 days ago,currently staying in Kingston in serviced appartments for another 2 weeks ish... until we find somewhere more permanent.

We're just busy getting sorted, otherwise nothing planned!

You were right Sarah, It's really nice here!

There's a nice chinese in Kingston called Portia's Place? Delicious!

Speak soon

Carmel

P.S It's Billy Chilly!

Fabulous Jon and Kate with the house offer! Bet you're so pleased! Fingers crossed for an imminent move!

Hi Anna and Sean, September's not far away, you'll be here in time for the weather warming up, is that right sarah???

Speak soon must get back to rental hunting!!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=carmele;5124467]We'll be up for a meet definately, August or September??? Whichever/ Where ever??

Arrived 4 days ago,currently staying in Kingston in serviced appartments for another 2 weeks ish... until we find somewhere more permanent.

Speak soon

Hey welcome!

PM me if you want any help or my contact details - it helps to know someone
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

3littlefigs will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carmele
We'll be up for a meet definately, August or September??? Whichever/ Where ever??

Speak soon

Carmel

P.S It's Billy Chilly!

Fabulous Jon and Kate with the house offer! Bet you're so pleased! Fingers crossed for an imminent move!

Hi Anna and Sean, September's not far away, you'll be here in time for the weather warming up, is that right sarah???

Speak soon must get back to rental hunting!!!!!
Hi there and welcome to Canberra

Have you found anything to rent?

Its a bit hard going in the first few weeks getting it all sorted.

PM me if there is anything I can help you with or anything you need.

I also have 2 boys aged 5 next month so I can loan you some toys if you need it.

Maybe we could meet up in the park with the kids if you fancy it.

Donna
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs
Hi there and welcome to Canberra

Have you found anything to rent?

Its a bit hard going in the first few weeks getting it all sorted.

PM me if there is anything I can help you with or anything you need.

I also have 2 boys aged 5 next month so I can loan you some toys if you need it.

Maybe we could meet up in the park with the kids if you fancy it.

Donna
Hey - just a thought - but I have a 17 year old daughter here (responsible and just about to get her P's) if you ever needed a night off or an afternoon off - I am sure she could offer her services as babysitter - she has almost finished year 12 and is looking for a bit of extra cash.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:01 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

its all gone t*ts up with the house so if another offer not forthcomming all our plans for october will be ruined..see our thread about "house sale gone tits up" to find out more.:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Hey - just a thought - but I have a 17 year old daughter here (responsible and just about to get her P's) if you ever needed a night off or an afternoon off - I am sure she could offer her services as babysitter - she has almost finished year 12 and is looking for a bit of extra cash.
Thanks for that. I will keep it in mind.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jon&kate
its all gone t*ts up with the house so if another offer not forthcomming all our plans for october will be ruined..see our thread about "house sale gone tits up" to find out more.:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Oh god how awful for you. So sorry to hear that. A new offer will be just around the corner. Ours fell through also and then we sold again a week or so later and it was a much smaller chain. I know it is hard to belive but it will happen. Our house was on for 5 months before we sold and we got asking price in the end. We also had to sell as Hubby was starting job in the may. I know it will work for you too. Hang in there.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs
Oh god how awful for you. So sorry to hear that. A new offer will be just around the corner. Ours fell through also and then we sold again a week or so later and it was a much smaller chain. I know it is hard to belive but it will happen. Our house was on for 5 months before we sold and we got asking price in the end. We also had to sell as Hubby was starting job in the may. I know it will work for you too. Hang in there.

Hey PM'ed you!

Looks like we are set for the first ever (I stand to be corrected) Canberra meet up. Saturday the 29th - location to be determined.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:31 pm
jon&a mp;kate

we had a nice couple round last week and they came round for A second viewing saturday.Offer came through today and we have accepted it and it was also a better offer than we had from the last man who tucked us up so am feeling bit happier today.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

scolau07 is an unknown quantity at this point

we were very disheartened last week the sale of our house fell through, and as it had taken 4 months and 32 viewings we didn't think it would sell for us to move for the time we had set our hearts on. Then 5 days later a family came to view and put an offer in within an hour we are still in shock.
So hope to be there by October so will hopefully be able to make a later meet up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.