Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canberra meet up

Canberra meet up

Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canberra meet up

Originally Posted by pomref
I Really need a hot Tub, just had one of the worst 24 hours , firstly Carmel unplugged the brads pc took me six hours to work out the hard drives gone hes going mentally about all his stuff, then this am as i was up half night trying to sort his pc out to keep the pease he turned the grill on i thought the house was on fire you couldn't see your face for chocking white smoke i thought the house was goneaa burn down, then when to the shops to buy food etc, notning to eat lol car breaks down , began to piss with rain i only got a t shirt and shorts on i called NRMA and said there cant be many poms standing in the middle of car park with shorts on in the middle of winter lol one hour and half later just car running guy says might die tonight in the cold AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

got to goto to work now , and knock on bosses door and ask why im starting my 5th Week on Bloody night shifts maybe i wait till next week so yes bring on the HOT TUB :curse:
Poor you

Sounds like you had a wonderful old time. Should have popped over for a cuppa - Pete would have found you some work - we were outside burning rubbish on the garden at 8am Saturday morning - I kid you not
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:45 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Another Carmel? unusual name

We've got packers in today, 3little figs just read your message, glass of wine mmmmm could just have one now!

How do I do that quote thing?

Carmel
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:55 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

House sale is strssing us out big time as we are with a total idiot agent.Also not having jobs is worrying us although i am willing to do anything if i do not find work in the print trade (any jobs going feel free to tell me).Will the kids be able to attend the meet ups as we will not have anyone to look after them.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:22 am

Hi Jon and Kate,

It sounds very frustrating for you that you have your house to sell,otherwise you would be well on your way eh? It can be very stressful.

You've probably tried all the tricks in the book to make your house as saleable as possible, so what's the agent up to? Are they a big company or a smaller local one?

We have 2 young uns so yeh we will be tagging along with them, if it's arranged in the day at a pub or something?

Jobs, I'm sure you will find one somewhere, especially if you are willing to do anything and everything, you have all your options open, but I know what you mean, it's something less to worr about eh? There wil definately be something there for you, and you sound determined so by hook or by crook as they say.............

Carmel
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:32 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

hi Carmele.

We are with a large estate agent who gave us all the usuall rubbish about our house walking out the door and how they only bring people round who can afford to buy the house.Thing is house has been on the market for over a month and we have had over 2o people round but when we get feedback it says they dont want to pay over £250k (so why look at a house that is up for £270k??????.Also they are telling people we are moving to oz which i am not happy about.I rang them and told the agent i did not want them passing on this info but guess what 2 days later a guy came round and on leaving said i hear you are of to oz!!!!!!!!!so as of saturday afternoon we have told them we want out as they have gone against our wishes.My wife has been dealing with the house sale but i went to another local agent and they are comming round on tuesday so fingers crossed.Regarding jobs my wife will hopefully find something as she is very good at what she does (PA/admin)so that just leaves me(printing trade) although i would consider anything.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:49 am

20 people blimey that's a big turn out, but not useful if they don't want to buy it

Another agent sounds good it could be up with them within a few days. Sounds like the one your with now may have told potential buyers you would probably accept £250 as a quick sale. See what the others value it at as well eh?

We told the estate agent we weren't sure what we were doing (we didn't have our visa at the time) and just said we would be renting, and to offer it with no chain.

I hope you have more success with your sale, this time next week you never know it could all be on it's way! Fingers crossed!

Carmel
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:56 am

Can anyone recommend.......

........ any 2nd hand car garages?

Whereabouts are they?

Thanks

Carmel
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:58 am
jon&a mp;kate

Carmele when will you be in canberra?have you sold your house yet?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carmele
Can anyone recommend.......

........ any 2nd hand car garages?

Whereabouts are they?

Thanks

Carmel
Hi,

do you mean to buy a 2nd hand car from?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:16 pm

Ah yeh Sasbear, we will need to buy a 2nd hand car from somwhere, any recommendations?

Hi Jon&Kate,

Yeh house is sold we fly out on 19th july. It will be you before you know it!

Carmel
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=carmele;4966438]Ah yeh Sasbear, we will need to buy a 2nd hand car from somwhere, any recommendations?

Hi,

ACT Motor Traders, gladstone St, Fyshwick. Ask for John smith (no relation) and say Sarah + Pete Smith (Pomms) sent you - make sure you haggle with price. If you need anyone to go with you for support - let me know - hubby and I are a dab hand - bought 4 cars from there all great deals
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:29 pm

Morning Sarah,

That's Funny! You Smiths get everywhere! Mind you I can't talk after reading pomref's post earlier that He has a Carmel in his family too by the sounds of it!

That is a really kind offer thanks, 4 cars?, I hope the other 3 didn't break down?

How much roughly do you reckon you can haggle off?

Carmel
x
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carmele
Morning Sarah,

That's Funny! You Smiths get everywhere! Mind you I can't talk after reading pomref's post earlier that He has a Carmel in his family too by the sounds of it!

That is a really kind offer thanks, 4 cars?, I hope the other 3 didn't break down?

How much roughly do you reckon you can haggle off?

Carmel
x
LOL
my car came first - Ford Falcon - used it for the first 2 years and then decided to trade in for a holden - both from the same place at fyshwick. Paid about $5000 for the first and then about $9000 + trade in for the 2nd.
Hubby got his UTE (Ford) week after I got my first - he uses it now lol. His uncle got a Holden UTE 23 years ago and STILL driving it now! Also bought son's car (turtletom) but after a year and a problem (John smith fixed the problem when we took it back) but it wa a fault on the car which was a common fault. anyhow a year later we part exchanged and got a nother car - so that's 5 all in - this latest one is a ford Fairmont - actuall real bargain too. Since tom left - we bought it back from him and then gave it to daughter.

Now if you think about this - we have actually purchased 5 cars (the same car twice) and we only own three now - boggles
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:01 pm

I got a bit lost on the fifth line down!

Will head for there and do a load of name dropping! That's if i'm not on here asking for directions!

I'm looking for a car like his uncles! one that will turn into an heirloom! 23 years that's amazin!

John Smith here I come.................

Carmel
x
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:48 pm
jon&a mp;kate

We elbowed the estate agent and had another one round today.We have a two week get out so new agent cant start viewings for the 2 weeks but has said he will get people warmed up and ready to view so fingers crossed.Also i didnt like the look of the old agent and he was a bit to cock sure unlike the new local agent who seems if you can believe this "Normal".What a wasted month with the others but hey things happen for a reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.