Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice
Default Re: Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Hi Natalie,

Our missing info is:

Colin - 34
Toni - 30
Luke - 4
Kai - 2

We're aiming for Melbourne, hopefully September 08.

Cheers,

Colin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

So what does everyone and their partners do for a living then and what are you planning to do when you're out there and where you going? I work as Regional Manager for a Children's Charity and am hoping to continue working in this manner (although I may have to step a rung down the ladder!) when I get to Oz.

My partner is a chef so we'll be going out on his qualifications with me as the De Facto. He's hoping to train to a better standard and then eventually we'll look at opening our own place.

At the mo we're umming and ahhing between Cairns and Darwin and knowing us we wont make our minds up until the day we eventually fly! Ben's just waiting for his qualification to come through before we can start the visa process but that's not long now so now the headache begins!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

kylee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am a part-time nanny and have also worked as a nursery nurse. We want more children over the next couple of years so when we go out I probably wont work for a while. My husband is a qualified carpenter with 13 years experience in the same job!, so we will look at applying for the 175 skilled visa.
We are going to Cairns for 3 weeks in October to have a holiday and visit friends. Whilst there we will have a good look at areas to live, job opportunities for Damian and try and get a general feel for the place.

If all goes well we will probably start the visa process in the new year, but we also need to finish renovating our house too!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi,

I (Colin) am a Marketing Manager and plan on doing similar work over there. Going out on my quals / experience on a 176 (family sponsor - my Dad lives in Melbourne). Toni is a finance administrator but we're hoping / planning on her not working to start with so we can settle in easier, make sure the boys are happy, etc.

We applied on the 30th November 2007, hoping for a CO within the next 4-6 weeks and a visa within 6 weeks of getting the CO. Would love to turn up at the meet and say "We have a CO!!!"

Just got to sell the :curse: house though!

Sounds like we've got people coming to the meet right across the application spectrum so should all be able to share experience and give advice.

Cheers,

Colin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

I'm a 33yo IT consultant. Looking to start out in Sydney perhaps and then see where the work takes me. I've got no problems in travelling to different cities and sampling all that Oz has to offer. In fact, thats another reason I want to go out there, to experience more....
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, Natalie.
Sorry I'm late replying. We'll be there! That's me, Tracey - nurse,
Rog - in marketing and Daniel - general mischief maker!
Look forward to meeting everyone then
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

Glad you can make it Tracey! Would you mind me asking what age you and Rog are and am I right in thinking that Daniel is 8?

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Just waiting to hear back from Coops1959, Marvinc and Weez75 as to whether they can make it - and of course anyone else who is new to the thread and fancies it.

x
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

I'm 42 and Rog was 40 last July and still hasn't got over it!!!
Yeah, Dan's 8.
Thanks for arranging this
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

coops1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been a bit busy.
I'm Ian 49, in the computer industry, working on large systems, (Sun).
OH, Sandra is 42, and an accountant.
I have two grown up kids living at home, 25 & 21.
John 25 has shown an interest in coming with us, he should be ok to gain a visa in his own right.
James appears to want to stay here.

With regards to the meet up, my social secretary and OH will post later after looking at the diary.

Cheers
Ian
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by natalieml
Glad you can make it Tracey! Would you mind me asking what age you and Rog are and am I right in thinking that Daniel is 8?

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Just waiting to hear back from Coops1959, Marvinc and Weez75 as to whether they can make it - and of course anyone else who is new to the thread and fancies it.

x
Hi, sorry for delay and hello to everyone

Life's bit of a whirlwind at the moment so can you pencil us in Wendy and Andy (40) no kids, have the visa but waiting to sell!! live in rural Lincs/Cambs border near Spalding/Holbech
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

coops1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Ian & I are okay for the 26th - Is it an evening or afternoon event.
I may have missed earlier posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and swapping notes

Sandra
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

It's at 1.30pm at the Brewers Fayre/Highwayman in St Neots. Glad you can make it! Will John or James be comming along with you (just so as i know how many to book for?)
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hey all. Info i'm missing is....

Stumpy Sean - can I have both of your occupations please?

Catsinely - Can I have both of you ages and occupations please?

Marvinc - Can I have both of your occupations please?

No news on Weez75 and any new commers yet though but we've got 26 people (17 are adults) booked in so far so it's going to be a great meeting!

P.S - can you please let me know if a high chair is needed for Kai (Oz Rascal) and Rebecca (Iwannabethere) - (Kylee - I have noted that you'll need one for Bobbie)
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Natalie,

We don't need a high chair for Kai, thanks.

See you soon,

Colin
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

NinaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by natalieml
Hey all. Info i'm missing is....

Stumpy Sean - can I have both of your occupations please?

Catsinely - Can I have both of you ages and occupations please?

Marvinc - Can I have both of your occupations please?

No news on Weez75 and any new commers yet though but we've got 26 people (17 are adults) booked in so far so it's going to be a great meeting!

P.S - can you please let me know if a high chair is needed for Kai (Oz Rascal) and Rebecca (Iwannabethere) - (Kylee - I have noted that you'll need one for Bobbie)
Hi Sorry for being stupid but I have just found this and can see that there is a meet taking place soon near me I am in Norfolk and I thought I would like to come if you will have me as no one near me seems to be going to oz. Can you let me know where and when it is, maybe I have missed it.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.