Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice
Smile Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

Hey, I'm starting a new thread up for all of those people who are in the process or thinking of applying for a visa who live near Cambridgeshire and would like to meet up socially to have a natter.

Would be great to meet other like minded people who can offer or need advice. Any one interested please reply with roughly where you're based and i'll see what I can set up.

(Alan - i've got you on the list already from the old post but if you let me know where you're based that'd be great)

x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice
Default Re: Cambridgeshire meet up - new thread

BUMP!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Hi Natalie

Good idea new thread, as some of the old thread should already be there, and there weren't that many anyway, which kind of suprised me as any opportunity to discuss something so new and exciting seems great !!

I would hazzard a guess that the one's who get involved in early meet ups etc, are the sort that are open and friendly anyway, and as such will find Oz easiest to settle ??

Anyway I'm near Alconbury, but I'm mobile and very flexible so anything suits me.

Regards,

Alan.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Alan, we'll wait and see if anyone else is up to it (noticed some people called something like cambridgers or something so might try find them) but if not then it'll just be a small gathering for now - Hopefully telling the parents tonight that we're going to apply and not expecting it to go well!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Natalie,

Small gatherings are better in my opinion anyway, as everyone feels included, and you can follow the conversation. Last one was great.

Good luck with the parents !!!!!!!!!!!

Are you managing to see the new series of Wanted down under ??

It's what got me thinking in the first place, great watch if your in our situation.

Regards,

Alan.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

I can't catch wanted down under unfortunately as I am at work when it's on and we don't have sky plus or even a video recorder! - Really wish I could though as everyone is raving about it!

Telling the parents went ok but I think it might be nearer the time (when i've actually got a visa) that the pressure will be on!
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Natalie,

Not sure, but you may be able to see it on your computer using the new BBC i player system, up to 7 days after it was aired ??

HTH,

Alan.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Hi I'm from Ely ( as you can no doubt see !!) would love a meet up preferably with some kids , mine are 10 and 7 and i think it would be good for them to meet up with others that are going through the same thing , we fly out to Adelaide 15th september.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Weez75, Nice of you to join us I don't have any kids, don't know about Alan though but they would still be very welcome to come along and hopefully a few more people will be interested too!

Very jealouse that you already have your leaving date

I'll leave this open one more week or so and then we'll organise a date to meet.
x
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:41 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by natalieml
Hi Weez75, Nice of you to join us I don't have any kids, don't know about Alan though but they would still be very welcome to come along and hopefully a few more people will be interested too!

Very jealouse that you already have your leaving date

I'll leave this open one more week or so and then we'll organise a date to meet.
x
Hi All

I am also from Ely and me and OH have applied for a Contributory PArent Visa
Just waiting to be asked for 2nd payment then granted visa but up to now they have just put a hold on granting all CPV visas. I think they may have already reached their quota for the year which doesnt end till 30th June 08 so it looks like unless the Government allow more visas we could be waiting till July 08 to be offered visa.
Then house will go up for sale and hopefully all will be quick as we need to validate by mid November and we don't want to make 2 trips.

Weez75 - whereabouts in Ely are you

Caz
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Welcome to the Cambs Meet up thread CazBeckham!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Hi caz have pm'd you .
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Just starting a new evening job to try and get the pennies rolling in faster so once i've settled into the routine and know my hours i'll check in with you guys to see when we can all meet.

x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:58 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I wish there had been a cambs meet when I was preparing to come over. I am from Sawtry and it would have been lovely to have joined you all.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
I wish there had been a cambs meet when I was preparing to come over. I am from Sawtry and it would have been lovely to have joined you all.
Hi, Northern Bird,

What a coincidence......

Hamerton !! .........Just down the road.

And originally a Northern Boy !!

Alan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.