Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane and surrounds, meet up 10th November

Brisbane and surrounds, meet up 10th November

Old Oct 13th 2007, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane and surrounds, meet up early October.

Originally Posted by andicee
The Gooners had mercy on you last week. Thought it was gonna get embarrassing. Fair play tho.
Fair dinkum mate you won !Good match to watch from a neutral point of view ! Pity i'm not neutral damn it !!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Chocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the rough

Did a date get decided?
Obviously not early October........!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chocolate_Teapot
Did a date get decided?
Obviously not early October........!
Think the last suggestion was for the Saturday after Soapy's Gold Coast do (as some of us are hoping to make that) - that'd make it Sat November 3rd.
Just need to decide on a venue now - a park without alcohol, or a pub with alcohol. Not having kids my choice would be obvious (!!) but I'll go along with the majority..........
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Think the last suggestion was for the Saturday after Soapy's Gold Coast do (as some of us are hoping to make that) - that'd make it Sat November 3rd.
Just need to decide on a venue now - a park without alcohol, or a pub with alcohol. Not having kids my choice would be obvious (!!) but I'll go along with the majority..........
Can't make the 3rd - but don't let that stop the rest of you
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:36 am
Just Joined

kel76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Brisbane and surrounds, meet up early October.

Hello

Am brand new to this site and new to replying to forums, but this one caught my eye. My boyf (27) and i (31) live in morningside. He's been here since june and i came out here in july (i'm a primary teacher - and that's a whole other story on another thread!)

I love being out here but am really missing having a social life. He plays football on a friday for the pig and whistle team so have met people down there. We went to redcliffe last w/e for a massive cycle ride and it looked like a great place to meet people and hang out. where are you meeting?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:44 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OK, the thread seems to have ground to a halt so I'm gonna stick my neck out and suggest

SATURDAY 10th NOVEMBER

BELVEDERE at WOODY POINT

Anytime from 1pm onwards.

http://www.belvederehotel.com.au/about.cfm

It's a child friendly pub, does food, does good beer.
For more info, search the Meet Up forum for previous threads!!
Directions are here -

(I was tempted to pick November 3rd, but the Bloke said it would be unfair if Mr 232bar couldn't come.....)

Everyone welcome, doesn't matter if you're a Brit or not, doesn't matter if you want to bring non-BE posters, we're not proud, we'll drink with anyone!

Anyone up for it......???

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 24th 2007 at 8:48 am.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:49 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OK, the thread seems to have ground to a halt so I'm gonna stick my neck out and suggest

SATURDAY 10th NOVEMBER

BELVEDERE at WOODY POINT

Anytime from 1pm onwards.

http://www.belvederehotel.com.au/about.cfm

It's a child friendly pub, does food, does good beer.
For more info, search the Meet Up forum for previous threads!!
Directions are here -

(I was tempted to pick November 3rd, but the Bloke said it would be unfair if Mr 232bar couldn't come.....)

Everyone welcome, doesn't matter if you're a Brit or not, doesn't matter if you want to bring non-BE posters, we're not proud, we'll drink with anyone!

Anyone up for it......???
Sounds good Polly..... shall we start a list?

Oh and for any (alright.....ALL) you drinkers out there, the Seabrae hotel in Redcliffe is closing on Friday. They are knocking out cartons of whatever you fancy for half price at the most!
Got meself a slab of Tooheys Old for $25 this arvo!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Fair dinkum mate you won !Good match to watch from a neutral point of view ! Pity i'm not neutral damn it !!
Sorry to to go off the thread ,but bobby me old mate i couldn't resist...............3-1 to the cockney boys .......COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:11 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ragner
Sorry to to go off the thread ,but bobby me old mate i couldn't resist...............3-1 to the cockney boys .......COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!!!
Never mind the football, are you coming out drinking??
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i will try to get there guys, but i will need to check with pauline to see if we have anything on
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by soapy
i will try to get there guys, but i will need to check with pauline to see if we have anything on
Least you can do man!!

No, seriously, you seem to be the master at organising these things, so your presence will be good!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:15 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Least you can do man!!

No, seriously, you seem to be the master at organising these things, so your presence will be good!
i just dont know what pauline has planned mate, so i will need to speak to her first.
she doesnt tell me anymore because i forget lol
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:02 am
Home and Happy

i just dont know what pauline has planned mate, so i will need to speak to her first.
Would be great to see you and Pauline up here if you can make it
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:31 am

Oooh, I can relate to that completely!!!

Sorry, what were we talking about again!?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Sorry, what were we talking about again!?

I've taken advantage of your distraction to edit the title of the thread so that people know this hasn't actually happened yet!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.