Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane meet? How does Sat 27th August sound?

Brisbane meet? How does Sat 27th August sound?

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane meet? How does 27th August sound?

Originally Posted by PAP01
Yes it is a rangers bar, O'Malleys as just open back up , it ok to go to if u want to spend all night wait at the bar
Great news its open again always packed to the rafters Friday & Saturday nights, thats why I preferred it on Sundays
Old Jul 5th 2011, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

My birthday weekend :-) so me & my partner may come along.........any nearby hotel recommendations at reasonable rates???
Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:02 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponface
My birthday weekend :-) so me & my partner may come along.........any nearby hotel recommendations at reasonable rates???
Ditto - which date???
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Ditto - which date???
28th
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:37 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponface
Welcome
Can't help with the hotel I'm afraid - Bobbyftm or maybe PAP01 might be able to though, they've both stayed in the city before now
Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

In the city there's a couple of Oaks hotels or the nearest to the PnW is probably the Mariott 515 Queen St. I have no idea how much they cost though. If it were me I'd book into the formula hotel (Travellodge) on Lutwyche road at Windsor which is usually about $90 per night and pay the $15 cab ride there.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
In the city there's a couple of Oaks hotels or the nearest to the PnW is probably the Mariott 515 Queen St. I have no idea how much they cost though. If it were me I'd book into the formula hotel (Travellodge) on Lutwyche road at Windsor which is usually about $90 per night and pay the $15 cab ride there.
Is it open again? Been shut for months cos of the roadworks. The Windsor International (next door) is pretty good too.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:45 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is it open again? Been shut for months cos of the roadworks. The Windsor International (next door) is pretty good too.
One thinks that sounds a tad too porsh, specially for the likes of me, an that.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

One thinks that sounds a tad too porsh, specially for the likes of me, an that.
not at all.......sounds posher than it is. We often book staff in there when they are down from the regions, and I've organised more than one Firefighters conference there
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:39 am

[QUOTE=Pollyana;9478583] not at all.......sounds posher than it is. We often book staff in there when they are down from the regions, and I've organised more than one Firefighters conference there [/QUOTE]

WHAT????????????????

Are you kidding?

So, did you go and like, swoon?
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:50 am
Home and Happy

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;9478586]
Originally Posted by Pollyana
not at all.......sounds posher than it is. We often book staff in there when they are down from the regions, and I've organised more than one Firefighters conference there [/QUOTE]

WHAT????????????????

Are you kidding?

So, did you go and like, swoon?
Well I had to go and check their rooms were up to standard, naturally Generous bunch, bought lots of drinks
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:53 am

[QUOTE=Pollyana;9478611]
Well I had to go and check their rooms were up to standard, naturally Generous bunch, bought lots of drinks
Bet they were
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

I stay regularly at teh Diana Plaza on Stanley St (South bank so not right by town) but hotel is great and if you call they will reduce rates to go rate by $10 and include breakfast - just say someone at the mater told you.

I also have stayed a bit at the Il Mondo Kangaroo point - they have deals on sometimes.

I have the children with me usually and want to go to city and south bank and the hospital hence the choice. there are good deals though on Wotif and if its your birthday I would choose the Stamford, its a real treat. I love it

See how I am going, I may come down.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Bet they were

Originally Posted by odyssey
I stay regularly at teh Diana Plaza on Stanley St (South bank so not right by town) but hotel is great and if you call they will reduce rates to go rate by $10 and include breakfast - just say someone at the mater told you.

I also have stayed a bit at the Il Mondo Kangaroo point - they have deals on sometimes.

I have the children with me usually and want to go to city and south bank and the hospital hence the choice. there are good deals though on Wotif and if its your birthday I would choose the Stamford, its a real treat. I love it

Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by odyssey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.