Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Surrey/Hampshire?

Anyone in Surrey/Hampshire?

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

mickandtrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Surrey/Hampshire?

Where in the same boat as you malcom. Anywhere of the M3 would be fine and yes, we to will let our son out of his cage aswell.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

Somewhere near M3 sounds good to us too. I'll have a think x
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: West Sussex till end of 2009- then somewhere sunnier
john& becky is an unknown quantity at this point

we would like to come along aswell, with our boys of 8 and 11. Live between Guildford and horsham so can be anywhere in reasonable distance from all of you. What about one of those big pubs with a wacky warehouse or similar. I think I remember there is one in Aldershot but Becky thinks I'm wrong! After that we need to get dates sorted out, we plan on going to the expo on the Saturday 24th March, so we could meet some of you up there and maybe do the proper meet on the Sunday??
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:22 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that would be good, somewhere near Guildford or the A3.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

HI,

Welcome to the thread. I was thinking the same about a venue. Thought one of those pubs would be ok for those with and without children (Havn't decide whether to bring ours yet). Beckys right though. Although the pub is still in Aldershot it no longer has a childrens bit (used to be Charlie Chalks). Back to the drawing board then.

Tasha x
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Hi all

I just did a google search for child-friendly pubs in Surrey, and looked on a site called pub explorer. The link below is for a pub in Horley which has one of those Wacky Warehouse play areas. Horley is near Gatwick I think, not sure how that would be for everyone? This was the only pub in Surrey on that website that had any sort of indoor play facility for children, but maybe other websites would have others?

Debbie x

http://www.pub-explorer.com/surrey/p...loonhorley.htm
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:15 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

yes that sounds good, but it maybe quite a way for people coming from Reading/Bracknell/Staines etc ?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:24 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmo
The link below is for a pub in Horley which has one of those Wacky Warehouse play areas. Horley is near Gatwick I think, not sure how that would be for everyone?
My view is that Horley (Gatwick) is too far south. I don't want to spend the day stuck on the M25 .

How about these two alternative options:

Option 1
Brewers Fayre
Parkway, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1UP
Telephone 01483 450608

Directions: At junction of the A320 Woking Road, and Parkway, adjacent to Guildford Spectrum Sports & Leisure Centre.

If you go to the Brewers Fayre web site: http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/

and then put the post code (GU1 1UP) into the restaurant locator, it comes up with a link to a map.

Option 2
This one is from "Pub Explorer":
The Weavers Arms
Southway, Guildford, Surrey GU2 8DT
Tel. 01483 573716

It says "The Weavers Arms is a local family pub with children's room."
I've not been to this pub, so don't know how big it is and what the situation is regarding parking. Whereas "The Brewers Fayre" (option 1) is big and has ample parking.

http://www.pub-explorer.com/olpg/the...ford/index.htm

I just think that Guildford (and surrounding area) is a bit more "in the middle" and easier to get to than Horley/Gatwick.

Gina
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

KerEng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
My view is that Horley (Gatwick) is too far south. I don't want to spend the day stuck on the M25 .

Option 1
Brewers Fayre
Telephone 01483 450608

Directions: At junction of the A320 Woking Road, and Parkway, adjacent to Guildford Spectrum Sports & Leisure Centre.

and then put the post code (GU1 1UP) into the restaurant locator, it comes up with a link to a map.

Option 2
The Weavers Arms
Tel. 01483 573716

I've not been to this pub, so don't know how big it is and what the situation is regarding parking. Whereas "The Brewers Fayre" (option 1) is big and has ample parking.

I just think that Guildford (and surrounding area) is a bit more "in the middle" and easier to get to than Horley/Gatwick.

Gina
Either of those is fine with me As you say, Guildford is probably a bit more central for everyone. The Brewer's Fayre at the Parkway is probably easier to get to, as you just follow the signs for the Spectrum.

Kerry
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:11 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: Anyone in Surrey/Hampshire?

Option 1
Brewers Fayre
Telephone 01483 450608

Option 2
The Weavers Arms
Tel. 01483 573716

Gina

Option 1 sounds goods - any ideas when yet
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:12 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ws99
Cool, thats maybe three of us then!

No we don't have any children, and we're near Woking. Whatabouts are you?

Where in Australia are you hoping to go?
Nr. Woking? We're in Ockham (Nr, Ripley) where's you?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:18 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Option 1
Brewers Fayre
Telephone 01483 450608

Option 2
The Weavers Arms
Tel. 01483 573716

Gina
The Parkway would be a great option, spacious, child friendly, (and not far from us )

The Weavers Arms, I would avoid

Can we come too?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

KerEng is an unknown quantity at this point

The Parkway will suit me too Probably easiest to find for those from further afield too, since you just follow the signs to the Spectrum.

Kerry
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Location: West Sussex till end of 2009- then somewhere sunnier
john& becky is an unknown quantity at this point

The Parkway sounds good then, all agreed? Its REALLY easy to get to, right next to the Guildford/Woking junction on the A3, just before the Spectrum pool/bowling etc.

Anyone got any suggestions for a date? I'll start by saying Sunday 25th March, if only to get the ball rolling...............
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:03 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by john& becky
The Parkway sounds good then, all agreed? Its REALLY easy to get to, right next to the Guildford/Woking junction on the A3, just before the Spectrum pool/bowling etc.

Anyone got any suggestions for a date? I'll start by saying Sunday 25th March, if only to get the ball rolling...............
We can do 25th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.