Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Sheffield/Yorkshire?

Anyone from Sheffield/Yorkshire?

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

SteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud of
Default Anyone from Sheffield/Yorkshire?

As my name suggests, I'm from Sheffield, the finest city in all the world.

Anybody on this forum from nearby? Just looking for some familiaraty to meet with when I'm over thats all.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from Sheffield/Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by SteelCityBrickie
As my name suggests, I'm from Sheffield, the finest city in all the world.

Anybody on this forum from nearby? Just looking for some familiaraty to meet with when I'm over thats all.
Why are you leaving then ?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

SteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud of

Lifelong dream. The 'finest city in all the world' tag is something we say amongst ourselves. Parts of it resemble downtown Baghdad.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Lifelong dream. The 'finest city in all the world' tag is something we say amongst ourselves. Parts of it resemble downtown Baghdad.
Where are you heading to then ?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sydney hopefully
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sydney hopefully
Sorry too far south for me to be of any assistance but nice to see you wear the red and white stripes !
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 2:03 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Surely you mean Leeds !!!!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Sorry too far south for me to be of any assistance but nice to see you wear the red and white stripes !
How do you know about my football allegiance? :O Have I left some clues on here somewhere?

But yeah, I support the proper side

Edit: just checked my bio thing, noticed I put down United as my interests.

Last edited by SteelCityBrickie; Jan 2nd 2015 at 3:40 pm. Reason: none
Old Jan 24th 2015, 11:30 pm
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

Hi mate,

Yes, I'm from Sheffield and I now live in Sydney, so I'd be more than happy to meet up with you. I grew up in Stocksbridge and in later years spent some time living around Hunters Bar and Ecclesall Rd, which I loved. I'm a big footie fan as well, so drop me a message if you like.

I've just been back in Sheffield for the last month actually, and I loved visiting some of my old favourite pubs in Crookes, Eccie Rd and down West St and Division St - good times, despite the darkness at 4.30 in the afternoon!

I've been in Sydney for almost 10 years now, but I usually pop back 'home' every year as I do miss the place (but not the bits that look like Baghdad!)
Old Apr 25th 2015, 1:28 am
Just Joined

gordondownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are in Adelaide, been here for 8 years.
Grew up in Nottingham, but mums family from Sheffield. Used to visit Nan and Grandad there a lot. Grandad moved to Hillsborough when he retired so that he could walk to footy matches! He was a die-hard fan.
We are over on a visit this year and will be visiting family in Grenoside.
Hope that all goes well with your moving plans!
Old May 24th 2015, 8:48 am
Just Joined

SparkyAU is an unknown quantity at this point

Grew up on the cross, moved to crystal peaks. Now in Melbourne,
Old Aug 18th 2015, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

KFD333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey is there any chance I can take you up on that offer if I hit Town! Here’s a laff ..Rotherham best thing since sliced bread, though we didn’t have a hole in the road that had fish tanks in it [now filled in] used to work at Tinsley park spring shop when I left school and always got speeding tickets going through Attercliffe trying to get all the lights on green.
Left many moons ago to live in the US. Then got our Aussie PR status, moved to Bunbury WA after Adelaide.. Marriage went south as wife became home sick and just got back to the US to handle business regarding separation… heading back down as single in a month or so and going to try anywhere on the east coast and I don’t know a single person

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
Hi mate,

Yes, I'm from Sheffield and I now live in Sydney, so I'd be more than happy to meet up with you. I grew up in Stocksbridge and in later years spent some time living around Hunters Bar and Ecclesall Rd, which I loved. I'm a big footie fan as well, so drop me a message if you like.

I've just been back in Sheffield for the last month actually, and I loved visiting some of my old favourite pubs in Crookes, Eccie Rd and down West St and Division St - good times, despite the darkness at 4.30 in the afternoon!

I've been in Sydney for almost 10 years now, but I usually pop back 'home' every year as I do miss the place (but not the bits that look like Baghdad!)
Old Aug 20th 2015, 11:57 am
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

Sure, just send me an email or private message and we can sort it out
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

AmyLuke is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to Perth soon and we are from Sheffield. Youre not wrong about it being like Baghdad here now!!
Any tips for us when we move? No regrets? Coming with a 3 year old daughter and husband is a brickie.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

KFD333 is an unknown quantity at this point

you are sorted .. being a brickie is a + especially on the west cost as the homes there are mostly Brick with brick internal walls. on the east coast they tend to be wood framed with a brick veneer

Originally Posted by AmyLuke
We are moving to Perth soon and we are from Sheffield. Youre not wrong about it being like Baghdad here now!!
Any tips for us when we move? No regrets? Coming with a 3 year old daughter and husband is a brickie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.