Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

sharron2074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Sharon

Our visa application was lodged on 17th August, so its just a waiting game now, we are not sure if we should go ahead and get our police checks and medicals organised yet, Think we may wait a couple of weeks and then start to get them sorted.

Our house has been up for sale since the start of July, we have only had 4 viewers, with only one of them interested (or so she said!) the rest were real time waisters, but sure that is normal. The market here has really died, if we had put it up a few weeks earlier it would have been sold within a few days, oh well! We will just keep our fingers crossed, We would be a lot happier if the house was sold at least we would be one step closer.

We will keep you informed how we are getting on.

Gill
Gill, are you going through an agent for your visa application or doing it yourselves? you might want to look into at least booking for your medicals as depending on where you live, you might have to wait ahile for an appointment. And as for the police checks, can't hurt to get them organised now.
I hope you get some interested people that want to buy your house soon, we took a chance and put our house for sale before we got the visa, got a buyer really quickly and were panicking that the house would be sold and nowhere to go but then we had lots of delays with the sale going through, all worked out in the end as I am sure it will with you too.

Sharron
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Afternoon all.
Ive just tracked my final documents and it says:

Your item, posted on 17/09/07 with reference RJ018679518GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA.

I hope them little ozzie posties are working fast so that they arrive real soon to my agent.Then she can pass them on and my C/O and she can grant me my visa.

Mark and Gill im with Sharron with getting your medicals booked and applying for you police checks. The police checks take 40days to come bacK and only cost £10 each It takes about a month to get an appointment for medicals and chest xrays so i would start enquiring now. Ring around because each authority doctor charge different amounts. Some are a lot cheaper.
We sent application in March had our medicals and police checks done in may and they were sent end of May.I think it may save a bit of time as the medical processing center is so behind.

Sharron & Juliette, lets us know how the coffee morning goes it will be good if you hit it off.

Good to hear from you Sharron i hope all is good with you.
O well best get some tea on, just got in from work.
Its very cold today and raining yuk.

Teryna
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi Sharron Teryna

Yes we are using an agent - he is based in Brisbane, he is very good, Mark has e mailed him today to ask his advice on the medicals and police checks, but we think we will just go ahead and get them sorted.

If you dont mind me asking what did you both pay for your medicals and X Rays? We dont have a great choice of places to go for ours - The hospital close to us has stopped doing them as they are too busy, but private clinic is quoting us £70 each and can do them straight away, I havent got any quotes for medicals yet, going to do that tomorrow.

I will keep you both informed

Gill
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Hi Gill,
We went to Cardiff for our medicals and xrays.
Our xrays cost £80.25 each in BUPA cardiff.
Then our medicals cost £125.00 each plus £20.00 for each extra blood test myself and Colin had to have done. We had to have Hep B+C, he wouldnt take my results from work saying i was clear and colin had to have them done because he has tattoos!!
When we booked them we had to have the xrays a week before we had the medicals so the Dr had the xray results by the time he did medicals.We had the medicals on the 3rd of May by the time blood test results were back it was not until the 21st May that they were posted.So you see it takes a while to arrange and get done.
The booking was made for a month ahead that was the earliest time it could all be coincided.
Ive heard some people only paid £85.00 for their medicals in a practice in Bristol.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Teryna & Colin
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi Teryna,

We are gonna get medicals done asap.....hopefully get dates sorted in next couple of days......we have been told we can get x-rays anyday except friday's and there is no waiting list......just pick a day.........medicals we have to contact doctor and see.

We both have tattoos so we will both have to get hep b+c done.

We both really would love to be in bundy by christmas but with the way the housing market is here it looks doubtful, more realistically early next year but hey, fingers crossed!!!

Will keep you posted

Mark & Gill
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark & Gill
Well done for making the decision i know the feeling just wanting to get there, but hang on in there it will happen.
What visa type are you applying with?
Some happen a bit quicker, when ever you get there we will be there to great you don't you worry.
Got to go off to work now, boring !!
Just want to be at home organising this move.
keep in touch

Teryna & Colin
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna & Colin,

We are going on a Skilled Independent Migration Subclass 136 visa......I'm a Maintenance Electrician.

Our Migration Lawyer today told us to go ahead and get police checks organised but told us to wait for a reference number from DIAC before getting our medicals.

He is also thinks we will get our visa through by the end of this year

Just need a buyer for the house

Mark
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Hi Teryna & Colin,

We are going on a Skilled Independent Migration Subclass 136 visa......I'm a Maintenance Electrician.

Our Migration Lawyer today told us to go ahead and get police checks organised but told us to wait for a reference number from DIAC before getting our medicals.

Mark
Hi mark and gill
we had our medicals today, I would definitely recommend getting them if you want to be in oz for xmas as there are 2 months delays.
Your police checks here come through quite quick , but make sure you tick the box for scotland yard also, even though you may have lived in n. ireland all your life, I rang the psni and they did it for me, as I was nt sure if the n.ireland one was enough and people advised me to get both. I only scanned the scotland yard police check one, and will post other if they need it. I had problems scanning mine, I did not receive a response back. If you decide to scan yours will you let me know what happens once you send it.
talk to you soon
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bundybell
Afternoon all.
Ive just tracked my final documents and it says:

Your item, posted on 17/09/07 with reference RJ018679518GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA.

I hope them little ozzie posties are working fast so that they arrive real soon to my agent.Then she can pass them on and my C/O and she can grant me my visa.

Mark and Gill im with Sharron with getting your medicals booked and applying for you police checks. The police checks take 40days to come bacK and only cost £10 each It takes about a month to get an appointment for medicals and chest xrays so i would start enquiring now. Ring around because each authority doctor charge different amounts. Some are a lot cheaper.
We sent application in March had our medicals and police checks done in may and they were sent end of May.I think it may save a bit of time as the medical processing center is so behind.

Sharron & Juliette, lets us know how the coffee morning goes it will be good if you hit it off.

Good to hear from you Sharron i hope all is good with you.
O well best get some tea on, just got in from work.
Its very cold today and raining yuk.

Teryna
Teryna, hope the postal service is quick for you and that things will really start to come together for you now. I know it is all a waiting game but exciting at the same time.

Sorry to hear you have rain, you will be praying for rain once you get here (LOL)
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teryna & Colin,

Mark
Good news from your agent.
I would see about booking medicals for about a month or so time though.Ask your agent what he thinks.
You can always cancel and rearrange if they are too soon but its hard to book them for sooner.
I didnt have a file number when i had mine done but i have heard of them loosing a couple.
It will be good if you could get a buyer it will be a shame to have the visa and not have sold your house. that happened to my friend who went out in May she ended up having to drop her house price!! Thats why we sold last Dec.
Just got in from work, starving going to have a cuppa and something to eat then get going again with work around the house.
So much to do selling all our surplus house stuff weve sold a lot but got a bit more to go, need every penny can get more ozzie dollars to take.
Teryna
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sharron Teryna

Yes we are using an agent - he is based in Brisbane, he is very good, Mark has e mailed him today to ask his advice on the medicals and police checks, but we think we will just go ahead and get them sorted.

If you dont mind me asking what did you both pay for your medicals and X Rays? We dont have a great choice of places to go for ours - The hospital close to us has stopped doing them as they are too busy, but private clinic is quoting us £70 each and can do them straight away, I havent got any quotes for medicals yet, going to do that tomorrow.

I will keep you both informed

Gill
Hi everyone, I can't remember off hand what our x-rays and medicals cost (as it was over a year ago) but the prices quoted sound about right.
Good Luck for your results on your medicals today the murreys, one step forward

Mark & Gill, that is great news that you may have your visas by the end of the year hope you get a buyer soon, hang in there.

o.k. it's gone midnight here so musyt get to bed.

Hi to everyone, have a great day
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharron2074
Teryna, hope the postal service is quick for you and that things will really start to come together for you now. I know it is all a waiting game but exciting at the same time.

Sorry to hear you have rain, you will be praying for rain once you get here (LOL)
Sharron, i hope i wont be praying for rain for a while after i arrive there.
Mind you when we visited in Feb it rain almost the whole time. wastnt very nice but hayho.
Hope all is good with you, i was hoping to have had an email to say my papers had arrived to my agent but no. Perhaps tomorrow a?
Best get on things to do, cant wait to get to Bundy things might be a little more sedate for us then
Teryna
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone

We are going to organise our police checks, going to get the form filled in over the weekend and get it posted, I am going to ring around to enquire about our medicals, there is a doctor in Larne where we live that does them, so I will give them a call to start with. The clinic that does the x rays arent that busy and they said that we can get an appointment immediately - so I will wait and see what our local dr says about waiting lists and take it from there

We will keep you all posted

Mark and Gill
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Morning All,
Just thought id fill you all in on the state of my application.
The documents my C/O requested that i posted to my agent on Monday have arrived with her 1hr ago Yipee.
She will prepare and post on Monday - No post on Saturday in Oz!!

Hope all is well with everyone today.

Im off to work aliitle more happier.

Im doing a longday today 7-9pm
and i best leave now because i think im going to be late.
Do I care naaaaa.

Cheers
Teryna
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bundybell
Morning All,
Just thought id fill you all in on the state of my application.
The documents my C/O requested that i posted to my agent on Monday have arrived with her 1hr ago Yipee.
She will prepare and post on Monday - No post on Saturday in Oz!!

Hope all is well with everyone today.

Im off to work aliitle more happier.

Im doing a longday today 7-9pm
and i best leave now because i think im going to be late.
Do I care naaaaa.

Cheers
Teryna
That's great Teryna you'll be here before you know it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.