Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone fancy beer and a curry ('British' curry) in Birkdale (Bayside, QLD)?

Anyone fancy beer and a curry ('British' curry) in Birkdale (Bayside, QLD)?

Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Phoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone fancy beer and a curry ('British' curry) in Birkdale (Bayside, QLD)?

Hi BE folks

We are going to be moving to Birkdale, near Wellington Point, next week and having done a quick search on the forum it seems a few folks (some of whom we know like bobby, Polly, SoCalDon etc) know of the Indian restaurant in Birkdale - who seem to pride themselves on a "British curry" and people seem to really rate the place.

Wondered if anyone is interested in getting together for a beer in the tavern followed by a curry sometime? Maybe instead of the Pig 'n Whistle, Brisbane Easter meetup or as well as (though I haven't seem any talk of an Easter meetup yet - Polly? Alfresco?).

It would be great to see who else lives in the area and give us hints and tips for other good places to eat, drink, shop etc?

Cheers Phoodie
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone fancy beer and a curry ('British' curry) in Birkdale (Bayside, QLD)?

Originally Posted by Phoodilicious
Hi BE folks

We are going to be moving to Birkdale, near Wellington Point, next week and having done a quick search on the forum it seems a few folks (some of whom we know like bobby, Polly, SoCalDon etc) know of the Indian restaurant in Birkdale - who seem to pride themselves on a "British curry" and people seem to really rate the place.

Wondered if anyone is interested in getting together for a beer in the tavern followed by a curry sometime? Maybe instead of the Pig 'n Whistle, Brisbane Easter meetup or as well as (though I haven't seem any talk of an Easter meetup yet - Polly? Alfresco?).

It would be great to see who else lives in the area and give us hints and tips for other good places to eat, drink, shop etc?

Cheers Phoodie
Too far from Birkdale to make a trip there these days, but a meet up in the Pig in a few weeks - probably around Easter, but maybe a week or two later - at the Pig, was talked about last week when a couple of us met up.
I'll do a bit of checking and come up with some likely dates

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 23rd 2016 at 5:19 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone fancy beer and a curry ('British' curry) in Birkdale (Bayside, QLD)?

Sal and I often go to Chumley Warners which is next to the curry house. Spectacular fish and chips. We've been to the curry house once and yes, it is really good too.

We'd be up for a pint and a ruby.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Phoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoCalDon
Sal and I often go to Chumley Warners which is next to the curry house. Spectacular fish and chips. We've been to the curry house once and yes, it is really good too.

We'd be up for a pint and a ruby.
Excellent, we'll see if anyone else joins in the conversation and if not maybe we'll see you both at the P&W Meetup that Pollyanna mentioned setting up around Easter and we can arrange something or will msg you on Facebook.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Too far from Birkdale to make a trip there these days, but a meet up in the Pig in a few weeks - probably around Easter, but maybe a week or two later - at the Pig, was talked about last week when a couple of us met up.
I'll do a bit of checking and come up with some likely dates
Sounds good, maybe Cappucino will still be around too.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BE folks

Cheers Phoodie
Tis always worth a visit and the Tavern next door does a nice Guinness ! A group of us was there last weekend and we have things planned for most of March already but would be good to catch up once yous get settled in. Just remember these days the Spice Avenue is BYO and does not sell beers now
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:20 am
Just Joined

JenniBD is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the beer and curry happen.... I'll be in!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, maybe Cappucino will still be around too.

I'm in Brisbane till 21st March so if something is arranged before then, I'll join you :-)
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JenniBD
Did the beer and curry happen.... I'll be in!
Seemed like a few of the "usual suspects" were all tied up on other things in March, but think they are thinking of putting together a meetup at the Pig 'n Whistle in Eagle St. around Easter or soon after as per usual.

Maybe a smaller group of those who are more local can get together in April (sadly seems Cappuccino will be gone by then though) - PM me if you want to get together anyway JenniBD.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 5:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Seemed like a few of the "usual suspects" were all tied up on other things in March, but think they are thinking of putting together a meetup at the Pig 'n Whistle in Eagle St. around Easter or soon after as per usual.

Maybe a smaller group of those who are more local can get together in April (sadly seems Cappuccino will be gone by then though) - PM me if you want to get together anyway JenniBD.
I sounded out a few people for Easter but they (like me) are working the whole time so I'll leave it for now - thats not to say that you can't arrange a meet up there yourself of course I don't have a free weekend until the end of April so its over to you......!