Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any families in or around Geelong wanting to meet up?

Any families in or around Geelong wanting to meet up?

Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:35 am
Just Joined

louise_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any families in or around Geelong wanting to meet up?

Hi there

My husband and I have been in the area for nearly a year and have a 20 mth old daughter. I am 34 my husband is 36.
Its been hard work with no family here so its always nice to meet new people.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:00 am
Just Joined

justoutsidegeelong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any families in or around Geelong wanting to meet up?

Hi Louise

I would be interested in a meet up in Geelong. We've been here 21 months. My husband and I are both 37, we have three boys 7,4 and 2yrs 3months. I can appreciate how hard it is without family close by!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by justoutsidegeelong
Hi Louise

I would be interested in a meet up in Geelong. We've been here 21 months. My husband and I are both 37, we have three boys 7,4 and 2yrs 3months. I can appreciate how hard it is without family close by!
Hi there

Yes we would love to meet up. Where do u suggest and are u available this Sunday? We live on the Bellarine Penninsula but are happy to meet up anywhere.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Hi Louise

We're free this Sunday. How about packing a picnic and meeting in Eastern Gardens, Geelong? Our kids love the playground there near the botanical gardens. Or we could come closer to you? We live to the west of Geelong near Bannockburn.

Kathryn
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

annep will become famous soon enoughannep will become famous soon enough

Hi
Can't meet up as we're still in england !
Got in touch as we're considering moving to geelong next year and thought i could pick your brains.
We have four children 18,15,21/2 and 14 months and have been trying to find somewhere suitable for everyone. Geelong looks lovely and affordable, but this is only internet searching.
Would you mind sharing a few thoughts and feelings on geelong and surrounding areas ?
weather,house prices/best prices schools etc
we would really appreciate it, can't afford to go for a holiday, it's all or nothing so any info at all would be good
anne
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Hi Louise

We're free this Sunday. How about packing a picnic and meeting in Eastern Gardens, Geelong? Our kids love the playground there near the botanical gardens. Or we could come closer to you? We live to the west of Geelong near Bannockburn.

Kathryn
Hi Kathryn

Eastern Gardens is good for us. Just to confirm is that the place just off the main rd where the park is on the left hand side on the scenic route into Geelong or in the Botanical Gardens themselves?
How about meeting up between 12.30 -1pm as a suggestion?

Regards

Sara Louise
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by annep
Hi
Got in touch as we're considering moving to geelong next year and thought i could pick your brains.
We have four children 18,15,21/2 and 14 months and have been trying to find somewhere suitable for everyone. Geelong looks lovely and affordable, but this is only internet searching.
Would you mind sharing a few thoughts and feelings on geelong and surrounding areas ?
we would really appreciate it, can't afford to go for a holiday, it's all or nothing so any info at all would be good
anne
Hi Anne
We live 20 mins from Geelong on Bellarine Penninsula. Ocean Grove is most popular and property is more expensive. 10 mins drive across Bellarine is Drysdale and Clifton Springs. This is cheaper. There are plenty of schools. A friends son is at secondary school in Drysdale and loves it.
Geelong is a city and the main shops (furniture, clothing etc) is where u have to go. There is main bus depot and train line. (1 hr to Melbourne)
Torquay is a beautiful popular place. Property a bit more expensive but like the Bellarine it's on the coast and popular holiday destination. There is plenty to do for everyone. There are neighbourhood centres in the towns where there are activities for kids, adults, everyone. Also very sporty if u want that and surfing! Weather is much nicer than Uk! hope this info helps. Any more questions pls ask. Lovely beaches! Very friendly people and plenty of £10 pomms!
Not sure what ur lifestyle is but Geelong is busy as its a city. Or coastal living is great, overlooking the ocean everyday! But there is something to do for all ages.
Good Luck!
Sara
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Hi Sara louise

Yes the park/playgound is on the left hand side, there's a big picnic/bbq pavillion and toilets next door. 12.30pm is a good time for us. How will we recognise you? Hopefully the weather will be good!

See you tomorrow

Kathryn, Martin and the boys
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by annep
Hi
anne
Hi Anne

Geelong has it all really. Good beaches within a 20 minute drive, all the facilities you'd expect of a city and Melbourne is only an hours drive away, there are also plenty of good schools. We live just outside Geelong on 2.5acres in a semi-rural location and love the space we have, much more then we could ever have back in England. Before moved into our house we rented in Highton which was really nice.

If you need to know any thing more let us know.

Kathryn
Old Oct 10th 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Hi Sara louise

Yes the park/playgound is on the left hand side, there's a big picnic/bbq pavillion and toilets next door. 12.30pm is a good time for us. How will we recognise you? Hopefully the weather will be good!

See you tomorrow

Kathryn, Martin and the boys
Hi Kathryn

Yes we will be there at 12.30pm

I am tall (5ft 11) and will be wearing a cream fleece jacket and black jeans. My husband is a bit shorter and I will dress my daughter in a pair of red trousers and a red coat (with white spots on)
Hopefully the boys will give it away for us to spot you.

looking forward to it

Sara
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:43 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, we live on the Bellarine Peninsula as well, seems to be more Brits moving here as it is cheaper on rentals and a nice place to live. Have been here 12 months next week, we are an older family with sons 18, 24 and 25 but if anyone fancies coffee would love to meet up.

Lisa
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi, we live on the Bellarine Peninsula as well, seems to be more Brits moving here as it is cheaper on rentals and a nice place to live. Have been here 12 months next week, we are an older family with sons 18, 24 and 25 but if anyone fancies coffee would love to meet up.

Lisa
sounds good to me Lisa name a place and time, I am quite flexible apart from Fridays

Sara Louise
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi
thanks for the reply's. Revising for ielts so not been on the computer much.
Lisa, how are your children coping with the move, jobs, making friends etc.
We have an 18 year old boy and a girl who will be 16 so they'll need to look for training and or jobs. The little kids we're not really worried about.
Be round for a coffee in about 18 months is that a good time for you ?!
Anne
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Hi,
We just noticed this thread are in Geelong and are happy to meet up if anyone wants to. We have also been here just over a year now.

Tim and Karen.

PS Good luck with the IELTS Anne.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I think I'll need all the luck I can get, frightened to death at failing at the first hurdle! We've Been looking at Bellarine, it looks lovely. bit worried about the elder kids making new friends, trying to look at college courses for them already and finding out prices. Scared eldest by saying he'll have to get relocated with his job (McDonalds, part time, hates it,I think thats the only reason he agreed to move !)
Anne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.