Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

19th August - North Brissie Beer Swigging Night?

19th August - North Brissie Beer Swigging Night?

Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of
Default Re: North Brissie Beer Swigging Night?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So, how do you spot the British women in north Brisbane? Easy, they are the only ones to drink all evening, in a pub, mid-week, after 8pm.........!!!! What DO people do all evening? Surely its not all scrapbooks and Star Trek?!

Anyway, I digress...... the real point of the post is - who fancies a night on the tiles? Gilhooleys at Chermside, as there seem to be a few of us up this way now, Sat 19th August sounds like a possibility? All interested parties sign up below...........
Hi Pollyana, Is this a girls night out or mixed?

We,ve just moved out here 4 weeks ago, wife Andree has spent the last 2 years stuck in the UK reading about the Brisbane ladies drinking exploits dying to join in.

Cheers
John
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coventrycelt

We,ve just moved out here 4 weeks ago, wife Andree has spent the last 2 years stuck in the UK reading about the Brisbane ladies drinking exploits dying to join in.

Cheers
John
well, its ostensibly a girlie drinking night but we always seem to get gatecrashed by Mr Cresta and Mr 232bar, so tell Andree she's very welcome, and you can tag along too if you like Don't be scared, its only the two aforementioned males that have to wear pink latex

Word of warning though to all - please no shorts or thongs, anyone! Gilhooleys have a snotty dress code after about 9pm
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:44 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coventrycelt

Cheers
John
Mmmm... think it's mixed but both or either welcome.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 10:24 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Mmmm... think it's mixed but both or either welcome.
And chipmunks
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:45 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

And chipmunks
Can we bring the sheep?

and the velcro gloves (fnarr fnarr, snick snick, ooohhh-errr)
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

bring yer helmet.... you can take the bike for a spin round the car park!! (that's if I've got it by then!)....
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:01 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
bring yer helmet.... you can take the bike for a spin round the car park!! (that's if I've got it by then!)....
I always have my helmet with me - and I keep it well polished for all occasions
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:02 am
Home and Happy

Think you've probably just made his night
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Can we bring the sheep?
]
Yep, Esmeralda would love to see her again and share a little drinkie

and the velcro gloves (fnarr fnarr, snick snick, ooohhh-errr)

I always have my helmet with me - and I keep it well polished for all occasions
]
:scared: Polly wipes coffee off the keyboard
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:08 am
Banned

:scared: Polly wipes coffee off the keyboard
That'll teach you not to drink near the PC
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

That'll teach you not to drink near the PC
Two of my main pleasures in life at the same time, how could I separate them
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:17 am
Banned

Two of my main pleasures in life at the same time, how could I separate them
Well continuing in the same vein I could be really crude here - but you know me - the model of tact and decorum
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

hey i might come along and bring the new bike, if i've got it by then!!!

infact i might just come along anyway.... but don't think my tasmanian will make as she's a) working b) scared of british people after last trip (apparently she didn't understand anyone because you didn't sound like Taggart or Inspector Frost!!! personally i think she's just being picky!!!!)
New Bike? New BIKE????? You've only just got a new car. What you doing buying a new bike? Are you still a student? Hope you are well. How's life treating you? Are you still at the Gabba? Are they still trying to sell the house?
Netta
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

yes I did just get a new car.... but i need a new bike as the new fiancee has pinched the new car to travel up and down to her new university... dang and blast!!!! seriously we did briefly dicuss getting a wee runabout but figured that with the petrol prices going the way they are I might as well just stick myself on the back of a bike! that's my justification and I'm sticking to it!!!!

the house was taken off the market..... it's now back on!!! landlady is totally pi**ing us about and I wish she'd just make up her mind if she's selling the house or not.... we now face open weekends every weekend till g-d only knows when, and because of the dogs running about in the back (and all the gear in the house) we feel somewhat obliged to be here! pi**ing nightmare!!!!!

still a student.... still loving it... can't wait to get down the coast next year... life is absolutly WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

the model of tact and decorum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.