British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-jobs-159/)
-   -   Sponsorship opportunity for SEM MANAGER in Sydney! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-jobs-159/sponsorship-opportunity-sem-manager-sydney-871033/)

BenoitAustralia Jan 21st 2016 2:47 am

Sponsorship opportunity for SEM MANAGER in Sydney!

Hi guys,

There is an excellent opportunity for an SEM MANAGER to join Australia's Leading Real Estate Startup! An exciting career and a friendly team awaits the successful candidate.

They're willing to sponsor the right candidate to be able to work full time in Australia with them.

If you are interested in working in Australia and you got a good experience in SEM (2-4 years), please drop me a message with your email address, I'll send you the job description to apply for the job.

Have a great day,

Benoit

genorm Jan 21st 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Sponsorship opportunity for SEM MANAGER in Sydney!

What visa are they sponsoring under?

BenoitAustralia Jan 22nd 2016 3:40 am

457 visa for the right candidate - It has to be someone very serious about the job - Don't misunderstand me though, the company is willing to sponsor if good results proven after a few weeks/months - It's up to you to negociate that

Dorothy Jan 22nd 2016 4:12 am

Originally Posted by BenoitAustralia (Post 11844718)
457 visa for the right candidate - It has to be someone very serious about the job - Don't misunderstand me though, the company is willing to sponsor if good results proven after a few weeks/months - It's up to you to negociate that

What does that mean? "Willing to sponsor if good results proven after a few weeks/months - it's up to you to negociate (sic) that" Is this a sponsorship opportunity or not? If the company is not willing to sponsor right away how do they expect someone to work for the weeks/months necessary to prove good results?

BenoitAustralia Jan 22nd 2016 5:07 am

Let me clarify so that this conversation won't expand to something else - the post is all about getting a position as an SEM Manager in a great and dynamic company in Australia. This is already a great opportunity!

If the candidate perfectly fits to the role, there is a sponsorship opportunity to be discussed indeed. So, if you're interested in the position (and not only the sponsorship) and have the right profile (min 2 years experience in SEM), please send me your CV (I can give you my email address in PM) and I'll review it and push your application for the position. Then you could discuss any sponsorship opportunity with the company;)

Hope this info will help :)

genorm Jan 22nd 2016 7:23 am

just to confirm - the company has sponsor/nomination rights with the department of immigration?

BenoitAustralia Jan 22nd 2016 7:26 am

Yes genorm, they are able to sponsor people, otherwise I would never put this post - but again we're not taking people who are just interested in the sponsorship as you can understand

Bermudashorts Jan 25th 2016 6:37 am

Originally Posted by BenoitAustralia (Post 11844738)
Let me clarify so that this conversation won't expand to something else - the post is all about getting a position as an SEM Manager in a great and dynamic company in Australia. This is already a great opportunity!

If the candidate perfectly fits to the role, there is a sponsorship opportunity to be discussed indeed. So, if you're interested in the position (and not only the sponsorship) and have the right profile (min 2 years experience in SEM), please send me your CV (I can give you my email address in PM) and I'll review it and push your application for the position. Then you could discuss any sponsorship opportunity with the company;)

Hope this info will help :)

You still haven't explained what you meant when you said sponsorship would be available after a few weeks / months of good results. It doesn't make sense, if somebody needs sponsorship, they need it from the start or they would be illegal.

BenoitAustralia Jan 25th 2016 7:56 am

Hi Bermudashorts,

Again, if anyone corresponding to the profile with a CV that suits the company's requirement wants any information about that, I would be more than happy to reply in private message.

I'll answer to your question though. If the perfect candidate apply for the position, we're willing to sponsor him/her before coming to Australia and do the paperworks. In any other case (person already working in Sydney, person going to Australia for a working holiday...) we can do a trial period and then sponsor the right person.

I hope this will help understand the process.

If I may ask, why are you asking? Do you want to apply for the job or do you have any friends interested?

Pollyana Jan 25th 2016 8:25 am

Originally Posted by BenoitAustralia (Post 11847282)
Hi Bermudashorts,

Again, if anyone corresponding to the profile with a CV that suits the company's requirement wants any information about that, I would be more than happy to reply in private message.

I'll answer to your question though. If the perfect candidate apply for the position, we're willing to sponsor him/her before coming to Australia and do the paperworks. In any other case (person already working in Sydney, person going to Australia for a working holiday...) we can do a trial period and then sponsor the right person.

I hope this will help understand the process.

If I may ask, why are you asking? Do you want to apply for the job or do you have any friends interested?

A lot of people join BE wanting or needing sponsorship. I f its clear upfront exactly what is on offer then thats good. We are all aware of sites like Seek where agencies post the same job many times to make it look like there are more opportunities available, so all people are trying to do here is establish exactly what is on offer.

For example, If a person does respond and requires 457 sponsorship, is this company already approved to sponsor or have they not yet got that approval? Useful to know as it can make a big difference to the timeline.

genorm Jan 25th 2016 8:32 am

" If a person does respond and requires 457 sponsorship, is this company already approved to sponsor "

I've already asked this question Polly and apparently they are approved employer sponsors.

The reason I asked, is that it appeared odd that a "startup" would put "sponsorship" at the top of it's priorities.

If this is a franchise, then it's not a job offer, it's a business opportunity

BenoitAustralia Jan 25th 2016 8:32 am

Sorry for the miscommunication then and thanks for your useful message Pollyana.

When I said "They're willing to sponsor the right candidate to be able to work full time in Australia with them" that this company is approved to sponsor under a 457 and can sponsor the right candidate so that he could come and work with us.

Hope that this point is now clarified, let me know if any other question.

Cheers

BenoitAustralia Jan 25th 2016 8:38 am

To answer to your question Genorme. The company has grown really fast and we still call it startup. However, as the company raised $6 million this year, I'm not sure indeed we'll call them startup anymore.

Again, I'm happy to provide info on the company and answer to all your questions if you drop me a message ;)

Pollyana Jan 25th 2016 8:42 am

Originally Posted by BenoitAustralia (Post 11847316)
Sorry for the miscommunication then and thanks for your useful message Pollyana.

When I said "They're willing to sponsor the right candidate to be able to work full time in Australia with them" that this company is approved to sponsor under a 457 and can sponsor the right candidate so that he could come and work with us.

Hope that this point is now clarified, let me know if any other question.

Cheers

Thanks! Hopefully the job will help someone find a route to Australia :)

BenoitAustralia Jan 25th 2016 8:44 am

Hope so too :) Thanks Pollyana, really helpful post for everyone!