Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > Australia Jobs
Reload this Page >

Plastering apprenticeship - Mornington, Melbourne

Plastering apprenticeship - Mornington, Melbourne

Old Apr 9th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Plastering apprenticeship - Mornington, Melbourne

Just wondering if there is anyone out there interested in a plastering apprenticeship in the Mornington area
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:41 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plastering apprenticeship

Originally Posted by robert cowan
Just wondering if there is anyone out there interested in a plastering apprenticeship in the Mornington area
Do you have to be a permanent resident/citizen to sign up for an Australian apprenticeship? I know I have been told that about apprentice jockeys but does it apply to all apprenticeships?

And where is Mornington?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:46 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Plastering apprenticeship

Originally Posted by ponyrama
And where is Mornington?
Seaside town just over an hour south of Melbourne.

BB
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:48 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to be a permanent resident/citizen to sign up for an Australian apprenticeship? I know I have been told that about apprentice jockeys but does it apply to all apprenticeships?

And where is Mornington?
It's on the Mornington Peninsula
Old Apr 9th 2011, 10:22 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Seaside town just over an hour south of Melbourne.

BB
Thanks BB.

Originally Posted by Rambi
It's on the Mornington Peninsula
Smart arse. If it wasnt for BB I would have had to go ...."and where is that?" But now I dont. Google maps is broken!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

And where is Mornington?
hi there
yes you have to be a permanent resident/citizen to sign up for an Australian apprenticeship.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance you can hold it open for a few years?
Am stuck up in the Pilbara for another year or so & will move over to Mornington once we can afford it
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

jimmy2feet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plastering apprenticeship - Mornington, Melbourne

I am definatly interested in this vaccancy. I am currently living in the UK and completing a level 1 plastering course. This will be completed in June and I was hopeing to emmigrate and get an apprentership in aus.
In your opinion do you think I will be able to find work before completing the move. Work is few and far between at the moment over here at the moment so a plastering apprentership is very unlikely.
thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Plastering apprenticeship - Mornington, Melbourne

Originally Posted by jimmy2feet
I am definatly interested in this vaccancy. I am currently living in the UK and completing a level 1 plastering course. This will be completed in June and I was hopeing to emmigrate and get an apprentership in aus.
In your opinion do you think I will be able to find work before completing the move. Work is few and far between at the moment over here at the moment so a plastering apprentership is very unlikely.
thanks
Not sure whether the level 1 plastering course would be relevent to the plastering here in Australia. Almost all joint and tape dry wall plastering and no float and skim work. Also outside rendering is a completely different job here. You are either a renderer or dry wall plasterer and the 2 trades do not mix. Look up my old post on plastering there is a lot of info there. IMO it is a waste of time applying for jobs in this industry without being in the country. You could give it a go, but don't hold your breath.
I'm not sure what visa you would be eligible to apply for, but if you put a post in the general discussion forum, someone should be able to help.
How old are you? Do you have any other qualifications or work experience in another field? Check out the skills in demand on the dima website.
You should maybe speak to a migration agent, you may already have the qualifications which would allow you visa.
Good luck and if you need anymore info just ask.
Regards
Rob