British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-jobs-159/)
-   -   : Hairdresser to Work for us on a 457 Visa in Karratha Western Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-jobs-159/hairdresser-work-us-457-visa-karratha-western-australia-560029/)

kjc79 Sep 7th 2008 11:35 am

: Hairdresser to Work for us on a 457 Visa in Karratha Western Australia

We are looking for applicants seeking sponsorship as a Hairdresser to Work for us on a 457 Visa in Karratha Western Australia

Applicants must have good spoken English, at least 6 years experience doing combined ladies and gents work, experienced in all aspects of colour preferably Wella colour.

evening all,

just thought i'd post this title as i have been emailed this by our migration agent we used and if it of interest to anyone i know. we are in oz now and in adelaide on a 136 so unsure of the details a 457 entails but if there are any hairdressers out there wanting to work in this part of perth pm me and i could pass on your details??

just trying to help.:)

kath x

yoddha Sep 7th 2008 12:52 pm

Re: : Hairdresser to Work for us on a 457 Visa in Karratha Western Australia

Originally Posted by kjc79 (Post 6758352)
We are looking for applicants seeking sponsorship as a Hairdresser to Work for us on a 457 Visa in Karratha Western Australia

Applicants must have good spoken English, at least 6 years experience doing combined ladies and gents work, experienced in all aspects of colour preferably Wella colour.

evening all,

just thought i'd post this title as i have been emailed this by our migration agent we used and if it of interest to anyone i know. we are in oz now and in adelaide on a 136 so unsure of the details a 457 entails but if there are any hairdressers out there wanting to work in this part of perth pm me and i could pass on your details??

just trying to help.:)

kath x

Hi Kath,
My wife Manisha is Hair Dresser with 8 years of Experience. We ve also applied for Oz Immigration Aug 2007. Please pass me your email id so that I can email you her Detailed Resume.

blacksheep Oct 20th 2008 5:46 pm

hey
Im working in the UK at present as a Hairdresser and have been qualified for about 10 years. I love all aspects of the job especially colour and currently use wella products. I would be interested in the 457 visa too, its a business visa(sponsership) gives entitlement to aus for 4years.
Let me know if you need any other info
Debbie :)

scooby Oct 21st 2008 2:16 am

Originally Posted by blacksheep (Post 6892969)
hey
Im working in the UK at present as a Hairdresser and have been qualified for about 10 years. I love all aspects of the job especially colour and currently use wella products. I would be interested in the 457 visa too, its a business visa(sponsership) gives entitlement to aus for 4years.
Let me know if you need any other info
Debbie :)

Do your research on Karratha first if you don't already know much about it, to be quite frank it's hot sticky shit hole with the flies to go with it:thumbsup:

ketty Oct 22nd 2008 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by scooby (Post 6894406)
Do your research on Karratha first if you don't already know much about it, to be quite frank it's hot sticky shit hole with the flies to go with it:thumbsup:

Totally agree!
Discover Karratha first and then think about the offer :rofl:

ree1z Jan 8th 2009 8:40 pm

Hi I am interested in the posistion in karratha if still available, can you let me know asap please I have been hairdressing for 10 years I am a multicultrural hairdresser i can forward my cv if required
thanks

Sunshinesammie Mar 10th 2009 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ree1z (Post 7142949)
Hi I am interested in the posistion in karratha if still available, can you let me know asap please I have been hairdressing for 10 years I am a multicultrural hairdresser i can forward my cv if required
thanks

Hi there Ree,
Did you make it to Karratha?

blacksheep Mar 11th 2009 8:56 am

hey, Do you know if they still need a hair stylist in Karratha, I've done my research on the place and Im still interested, can anyone help me to get there?:thumbsup:

Sunshinesammie Mar 11th 2009 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by blacksheep (Post 7366730)
hey, Do you know if they still need a hair stylist in Karratha, I've done my research on the place and Im still interested, can anyone help me to get there?:thumbsup:

Hi Black sheep, they are always looking for hairdressers in Karratha, try Head of Time,+61 (0)8 9185-6556 , they are aboout one of the best in town, although there are others, accomodation is always the problem. There are men's barbers that are always having to close down early due to lack of staff, there is a mobile haridresser and she is making a nice livng and booked out for months in advance, hairdressing is as expensive in Karratha as it is in London, its probably the one of the only things I am negative about, I usually wait until I get to Tony & Guys in Perth.... Desert Rose is another in Karratha,
Karratha Price Attack
Shop 43
Centro Karratha
KARRATHA, WA 6714
Ph: 08 9143 1591
Price Attack sells hair dressing products but also has a hairdressing salon in the back.
If you want I will try and get a more comprehensive list, because they are springing up all the time, and I had a feeling that Price Attack gave a couple of their stylists accomodation or they certainly found somewhere for them. Do you know this area at all? like I said accomodation is expensive approx $300 per week no night life to speak of, single women are much sought after but salaries are higher up here. Let me know how you get on and very best of luck, let me know so I can be your first customer hahaha. Sam

Sunshinesammie Mar 12th 2009 1:30 pm

[QUOTE=scooby;6894406]Do your research on Karratha first if you don't already know much about it, to be quite frank it's hot shit hole.

Scooby really hasnt a clue what he/she is on about. Its definately not a shit hole. We have made an exceptionally good livng up here, worked hard but reaped the rewards ten fold, have all the toys and are proud to live in a close friendly community and oh yes we have running water and cyclone parties lol. Flies. I would recommend that the OP does a trip up here, and talk to residents and shop keepers to see if this is the life for you, message me if you require any further information :thumbsup:

MeinMel Jun 12th 2009 8:53 pm

Anyone can recommend the best way to look for work in Karratha from abroad?

Chris75 Sep 16th 2009 2:52 pm

Hi

I'm looking to move to australia, I trained and worked with Toni and Guy in london and have over 17 years experience with cutting and colouring I have alot of experience with wella colours as I am using them in my own salon at present.

Many Regards.

Chris Dixon.