Reload this Page >

Zanussi W/Machine repair in Sydney URGENT

Zanussi W/Machine repair in Sydney URGENT

Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough
Default Zanussi W/Machine repair in Sydney URGENT

Hi,
My under 2yr old Zanussi w/machine door decided not to open 6 weeks ago. Got man out from Manly Daily who took part from my machine along with $70 and said he would be back with new part next day, never heard from him again or got my part back.
Got another company in from recommendation they were out 3 times and now said they can't help.

Rang Electrolux and they won't come out. Thing is on electrolux website EWF1074 is the same machine

My machine front loading ZWF16281W has option of 2 interdoor locks one the 2nd company had & tried but didn't work and when they couldn't get other option in Oz I had to buy it from UK which took 3 weeks to arrive registered post.
They were just out to try that part and its still flashing ERR so man said it may be door interlock or may be electrics but are washing their hands of it.
So after 6 weeks I still have a broken machine have gotten ripped off, paid for a part from UK and can't find any company around Sydney to fix it.

So please can anybody help with recommending a repairer that knows UK machines??
I'm really at the end of my tether.
Thanks

Last edited by tramway; Mar 27th 2012 at 1:05 am.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 2:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zanussi W/Machine repair in Sydney URGENT

Have you tried googling the fault? Quite often someone somewhere will have had it and fixed it themselves and nine times out of ten it's something simple like a loose connector or broken spring.

And when you have time ring the Manly Daily and tell them about the scam artist.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 4:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a quick Google, these guys may be able to help. They mention Commercial cooking and dishwashing but if they can't or don't do household washing they will probably suggest someone. Hope that helps.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Just had a quick Google, these guys may be able to help. They mention Commercial cooking and dishwashing but if they can't or don't do household washing they will probably suggest someone. Hope that helps.
Thanks for that rang him very nice man but can't help and doesnt know anybody else either.
What I need is somebody that has moved over here that did this job at home, there has to be somebody over here.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wol
Have you tried googling the fault? Quite often someone somewhere will have had it and fixed it themselves and nine times out of ten it's something simple like a loose connector or broken spring.

And when you have time ring the Manly Daily and tell them about the scam artist.
Cheers googled to death over past 6 weeks but still would need someone to come out to it.
Told Manly Daily and Fair Trading and nothing they can do either he doesn't get back to anybody, MD have stopped his advert though.
Fair Trading did say he wasn't on the system as a licenced tradesperson.

Last edited by tramway; Mar 27th 2012 at 4:57 am.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The husband would be able to fix it but we're a rather long drive away. Bloody frustrating.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

The husband would be able to fix it but we're a rather long drive away. Bloody frustrating.
Cheers anyway moneypenny20
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:36 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Youtube 'fix a washing machine'. Or something similar, that was the first phrase that came into my head.

Last edited by 37100; Mar 27th 2012 at 6:40 am.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

John Mc will become famous soon enoughJohn Mc will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Had a quick google for you and one site suggested the filter may be blocked.
Under the door at the front of the machine there is a panel, remove this panel and look at the filter found behind said panel. Some machines won't do anything if they notice the filter is blocked.

Cheers

John
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John Mc
Hi,

Had a quick google for you and one site suggested the filter may be blocked.
Under the door at the front of the machine there is a panel, remove this panel and look at the filter found behind said panel. Some machines won't do anything if they notice the filter is blocked.

Cheers

John
Cheers John, no not the filter all clean.
From more Google surfing found how to do a reset to get error code and its
"E66" "The contacts of the heating element power relay are always closed"
So think thats electrical so still need someone to look at it as all thats beyond me.
Don't understand why Electrolux won't look at it they are the same company.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Just rang UK and they are saying engineers wont give me information over the phone and have to get it fixed here.
Honestly can't take much more and can't afford a new machine this one is less than 2 yrs old
Old Mar 27th 2012, 11:19 am
Flown

FlyingPicketts is on a distinguished road

mmm looks like the door interlock on your machine is buggered. This is the safety device that stops kids getting in when the machine is running. When it stuffs up it can permanentely lock the door (or stop the machine from starting full stop). Not a lot lot you can do (legally) but replace it i'm afraid. a fairly inexpensive part that might be quite hard to come by over here.............sorry
Old Mar 28th 2012, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FlyingPicketts
mmm looks like the door interlock on your machine is buggered. This is the safety device that stops kids getting in when the machine is running. When it stuffs up it can permanentely lock the door (or stop the machine from starting full stop). Not a lot lot you can do (legally) but replace it i'm afraid. a fairly inexpensive part that might be quite hard to come by over here.............sorry
Hi thanks for that but thats the new part I order from Uk which took 3 weeks to arrive and when engineer came back out yesterday it still wouldn't start and thats when they said they couldn't help me anymore as they don't know about UK machines.
How he explained it was when they have something wrong with a machine here they ring up the company to get help on how to fix it but as Zanussi aren't here and Electrolux refuse to help then they have nobody to call seems like they are totally reliant on asking what the problem is rather than actually having the knowledge through experience/training themselves.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 1:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Could they email the UK for the information?
Old Mar 28th 2012, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Could they email the UK for the information?
Hi no it was just big company attitude re not allowed their service force engineers only make house calls only won't give advice over the phone etc could be sued etc etc just someone on switchboard.
Pleaded with Electrolux here again this morning & was told I had an unauthorised electrical product in the country anyway as I hadn't bought it here same protecting their rears stuff so thats as helpful as they were.

Still working my way through yellow pages for whole of Sydney burbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.