Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

YWOODS thanks for info- more please

YWOODS thanks for info- more please

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default YWOODS thanks for info- more please

YWOODS thanks for your reply regarding dependent children and PR visas. It sound like you have a lot of useful information!

Would you mind answering a few questions

Are you using an agent or applying on your own?

How have you applied for your Visa, did you send it off without the court order and then wait for them to ask for it, or are you getting the court order first before you apply?

My solicitors told me I would have to show where I was going to live, job, school etc before they will issue the court order.
My son currently has contact with his dad.

many thanks

tinaj
Old Jun 23rd 2002, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: YWOODS thanks for info- more please

Hiya Tina,

Oh yes had plenty of experience on this matter.

I am applying for the order before I send in my application as I am one of those people who like things to be in order before I get burnt

I have no idea if I have to show where I am going to live or anything, as this wholly depends on whether I get the visa or not, as with school and jobs. This will be a strong point for me, and I hope that they dont ask as I dont really like to reveal in front of his father any of our business other than I am immigrating *shrug*

While I am at it, I noticed you also asked about agents. I am using Go Matilda who are in Southampton. My partner initially spoke with Alan Collette in Melbourne who forwarded details to his colleague in UK. His name is John and he is a fab blokey, trust me, I have tried him to his limits probably *snigger*

Anyway the point of the thread... helps huh?

My sons father has had no contact with my son for over 13 years, this does help, what also helps is that under the old law, I have full custody which means I have care and control over my son. This unfortunately does not satisfy Aussie law which means I need another order to show that I can take my son out of the country permanently. I managed to trace my sons father and attempted to serve him with the papers that I got from the court, but he would not accept them. This is not an issue in itself, I was just doing the decent thing, letting him know of our intentions. I am applying for a spouse visa by the way, which is of no consequence to the issue we are addressing. The Aussie law states that any child under the age of 18 needs to have both persons permission to leave the country and if you cannot get permission from the father himself, ie him writing a letter, then it has to go through the court. If as you say your sons father will not give you permission, I am at a loss. Obviously it will have to go through court, and yes it will be a costly and drawn out affair. There will have to be Social worker reports which (from my sisters experience) take up to 12 weeks, then the issue can be addressed properly in court.

I hope this has been of help, I can only wish you the best of luck and as I said I am in court tomorrow with my matter, and I have no idea if the father will turn up or not, but to me it is not an issue as I have full custody already, I only need an order that states I can remove my child from the country permanently.

I will let you know how I get on, but I think you can already assume like I have that it is a foregone conclusion.

Kindest regards

Yvonne

Last edited by ywoods; Jun 23rd 2002 at 4:17 pm.