Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is yours a King Size?

Is yours a King Size?

Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:43 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Is yours a King Size?

I wondered if anyone could tell me, Do they do king size beds in oz and are they the same size as ours back in uk. As wanna buy my beddibg in uk as it is suppose to be alot cheaper than in oz. Thanx.... (sorry if it's a bit of a boring thread!)
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:09 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is yours a King Size?

Originally Posted by elksa
I wondered if anyone could tell me, Do they do king size beds in oz and are they the same size as ours back in uk. As wanna buy my beddibg in uk as it is suppose to be alot cheaper than in oz. Thanx.... (sorry if it's a bit of a boring thread!)
Hi Elksa,
Do a search on here as we were talking about beds a while back. I think I even started a thread on waterbeds, lol and there have been a few discussions about bedding.
Sarah
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi

We bought a king size bed when we first arrived here. They are huge!!! much bigger than the UK king size, and i love mine so much i'll never buy a smaller one again. The best thing about htem is in summer when it gets really hot theres plenty of room to spread out without touching the person next to you (no touching sweaty bods in the night ) But if you do buy one i dont think UK bedding will be big enough.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

For bedding purposes UK King Size roughly equates to Aus Queen size, sheets, duvet covers etc would be fine. However there are a few cms difference which we found to our cost. We brought a king size bed but ditched the old matress. When it came to buying a new matress here they were slightly longer, bit of a problem with a pine bed with head and foot boards. Hubby ended up having to make new side rails etc to make it fit, so beware!

Queen size beds seem more the norm than doubles. King size is huge as PP says, that's the next one we'll have!

Loopy
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:38 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by elksa
Look at this earlier thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260565

or even this one with 108 replies
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239342

Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Wait until you get here to buy your bedding - the sizes are different and the prices are reasonable.