Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You're not punching a hole in my bloody UK driving licence

You're not punching a hole in my bloody UK driving licence

Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:22 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default You're not punching a hole in my bloody UK driving licence

If I was on holiday back home in the UK(I can dream) before I return for good, would I be able to hire a car with just my paper part of the licence?

These Victorian bods want to deface my UK licence if I get a Victorian one. I was led to believe that I could get away with keeping them both as well.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:25 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You're not punching a hole in my bloody UK driving licence

Originally Posted by mackinnon
If I was on holiday back home in the UK(I can dream) before I return for good, would I be able to hire a car with just my paper part of the licence?

These Victorian bods want to deface my UK licence if I get a Victorian one. I was led to believe that I could get away with keeping them both as well.
NSW did a similar job on my license last year.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:52 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you hire a car with your Victorian licence?

Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

They did the same to mine. I'm just going to send off for a new UK licence when I am in the UK in a month. Is set to my parents address so no hassle
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:22 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Why not get a duplicate UK licence by reporting it lost? I think it was £19 for a replacement. Just let them make a hole in the old one.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:25 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Why not get a duplicate UK licence by reporting it lost? I think it was £19 for a replacement. Just let them make a hole in the old one.
If reporting it lost and still in possession of it, thats an offence under British law, just for info.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:30 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp
If reporting it lost and still in possession of it, thats an offence under British law, just for info.
You can tell them it's been defaced, and get a new one..... I'm still here and mine literally fell apart, they tell you to destroy the old one when they send the new one, that's all and actually it's completely true!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:30 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp
You don't have to lie about anything. You just send for a replacement because you've moved as it's also an offence not to declare a change of address.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:33 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Having heard about this, I brought two with me (I'll await the knock on the door ) - and they didn't hole-punch it anyway.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

all they have to do is write on it
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:12 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I am not persuaded that anyone in Australia has a right to deface a legal document issued in another country. They all act as if they do have the right but I suspect if it were to be challenged in court they would lose. None of us is going to do that, however!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:18 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
I have to say that I am not persuaded that anyone in Australia has a right to deface a legal document issued in another country. They all act as if they do have the right but I suspect if it were to be challenged in court they would lose. None of us is going to do that, however!
But then again they have the right to make you start from the beginning. I'd happily let them deface my official document for a quick licence exchange.

Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:24 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
But then again they have the right to make you start from the beginning. I'd happily let them deface my official document for a quick licence exchange.

Oh yes, I agree! (See last sentence of my first post.)

I was lucky - when I got mine I suddenly realised I had an unwanted US driving licence so handed that over and got it defaced!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

Visit WA, exchange your license for a Western Australian one (where they don't punch any holes in anything!), go back to Victoria and exchange your WA licence for a VIC one. Hassle, unless you fancy a holiday in Perth anyway, but it's an idea?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noonard
Visit WA, exchange your license for a Western Australian one (where they don't punch any holes in anything!), go back to Victoria and exchange your WA licence for a VIC one.

Don't you have to be living in WA, not just visiting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.