Wikiposts

Your work mates

Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:02 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your work mates

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
PMSL
In all honesty I will say that after considerable experience of women ahem....in the workplace......and if I may generalise too......they are far better organisers than men.

Men make better headless chickens.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:04 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
In all honesty I will say that after considerable experience of women ahem....in the workplace......and if I may generalise too......they are far better organisers than men.

Aye...don't ask me why....but we need you fellas too

Come in handy for some things

Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

In what medium? Clay? Papier Mache? Wire models? Plasticine?

We can even make chickens with heads

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jun 20th 2005 at 2:19 am.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:08 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

we need you fellas too

Come in handy for some things
Having those babies? .
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Phew.....it's okay now.......Da Boss has put the carving knife away again.........close call though
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:10 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Having those babies? .
PMSL

Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:11 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
Phew.....it's okay now.......Da Boss has put the carving knife away again.........close call though
Who are you kidding Bixy baby.

There's nothing for MrsBDB to cut off

Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Who are you kidding Bixy baby.

There's nothing for MrsBDB to cut off
Oh yes there is.............
Attached Images  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:20 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh yes there is.............
WOW :scared:

...I married the wrong guy

Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:00 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Badge
Noone ever really talks about work...

I love my job at times - cos of the blokes - the actual job can suck big time but thats why they pay us.

My workmates are almost like brothers now - we have great lunches where someone shouts a bottle of wine - it works out we shout once a week each. We put the world to rights and laugh our heads off to see who can be the driest it seems. (where do people get this idea aussies have no sense of humour -its right down my alley-we cover all topics the works. I guess I am lucky?)

One of the blokes made me promise that if I ever leave I would stay in contact with him - I thought he was joking. Although they all say they would miss me. We go to each other's houses - they love our little place out here, and we go to the inner city to see how the other half live.

I would be sad to ever leave - best work place ever.

Badge

AHHHHH god got me all emotional.

Work place now consists of the hubby and me so dont reall have that work slag our blokes off thing anymore, I just do it to his face.

But in my old job back in blighty I loved my work mates, 3 girls and one bloke (who should have ben gay buy wasnlt) in my dept.

One girl being the bosss and me and the others working for her, we (including the boss) used to go and do overtime on a saturday with a bottle of wine under the desk, once we got so pissed we had to get my hubby to pick us up. We had such a laugh.

AHHHHHHHHH those were the days, I actually loved my old job.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:33 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Deb's and I work alongside a nice bunch of blokes we all get on well and while at first they were a bit wary of a woman being in a mainly male dominated occupation her quick wits and repartee not to mention her keenness to learn from scratch have earned her the respect she rightly deserves. They still tend to excuse themselves after a four letter outburst in the tea hut though To be honest we get more stick for being pommies than we used to but we counter those with better a pommie than a Kiwi, Cockroach, Mexican, Banana Bender insert as necessary. I guess it's just that now we're all mates they feel they can take the piss a bit more than they used to.