Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

your shipping quotes

your shipping quotes

Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default your shipping quotes

Hey guys in the process of getting quotes for my shipping to australia on a 20ft container,i was wondering if anyone on here has been through this recently and if so what thee best quotes was,i know there are many reasons why one quote can be more or less than another persons quotes but just wanted an idea.
To date crown came first and they was quick said that afternoon what it be £4826,i have since had white and company who has just got back to me £4479 and im waiting for pickfords to get back to me today hopefully on a price.
I have heard stories about whites in damages etc and i then have heard about crown also,i feel crown is maybe the best out of the two but then im dont know this,i have not even haggled with any yet.
Thes both include customs fees over in oz or should i say this is door to to door prices.
There is one other company thats coming next week but i have read they are really expensive but i will have them come anyway and one company said they not sure when as they need to check when someone is in scotland,There are other companys that just cant come cause they are based too far away and said get a local quote with volume and they give a price,this is not easy as my stuff is in storage and really they have not said what volume just said it be tight with a 20ft and maybe need to be prepared to leave stuff behind.
I would like to know of these two who you have used your experience and who you would pick,and who knows i may even be able to get crown to match,would be the ones to go with.
I am also considering a 40ft container as i have extra items i could take and wanted to know what your quotes was on this,this is a maybe right now,but maybe an options i could go for,so nothing is left behind.
Companies that would not come for a vsurvey was:
brittania
john mason.
anglo
pps may have someone in scotland but not sure.
I just feel that if they dont come to do a survey then they are not worth considering,whats your thoughts
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: your shipping quotes

Be aware that even if they include the basic AQIS fee they cannot predict if anything will need fumigating/destroying. There is a charge per item for that.